Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    How do you folks feel about Luke Cage in Detroit? Does the character have to be in New York to work?
    No you would have the same mess in Detroit that you would have in New York.

Because Marvel would toss him in the black part of Detroit.

Now Vegas I could go with.

Luke is one of those cool dudes who would do well anywhere, and certainly in Chicago or Las Vegas.

It would be fun to see Luke and Misty Knight on some cases in LA and Luke and Danny in Miami!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    How do you folks feel about Luke Cage in Detroit? Does the character have to be in New York to work?

I liked him in Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Haha, exactly, and now I'm listening to this on repeat.
    If there was ever a song that described Hollywood it's that one.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

BANNED

Those scans are pretty intense and just full of energy. I recently got into a little friendly debate with someone on Facebook ( shout out to him if he's a poster in this forum lol) About Mike Colter's performance as Luke Cage. The debate in question occured when a fellow user said Mike Colter was true to Luke Cage's character in terms of attitude, personality and look. I argued that Cage in the source sas very different and compared instances that his comic counterpart did - or would do in comparison to the mild mannered, soft spoken, reluctant giant we saw on the show for quite a few instances. Now I told him the issue and reason of why Netflix downplayed a more charismatic, loud and aggressive Cage was an entirely different topic, but I don't think I'm wrong in saying that in attitude Colter's Cage was pretty different in personality. Not even Bendis wrote family man Cage with such stoicism and stiffness. I say this as someone that feels like Luke Cage season 2 was my favorite series after Daredevil season 1. I also read from Colter that he was ready to tell the producers he wouldn't accept the roles unless changes were made to Cage. He said he went in the meeting with an idea of how he wanted to play him and how he should be portrayed and that was were he stood. He also said that he wasn't up for doing a lot of physical fights and heavy lifting (paraphrasing) The reason this topic came about was because they're rumors Cage might be recast and I said I'd welcome a bit of a younger more charismatic Cage. To credit the user I had a debate he did eventually concede I was right but also said he believed that Netflix Cage had the same convictions, motivations and morals as his comic counterpart to which I didn't argue the point.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    Those scans are pretty intense and just full of energy. I recently got into a little friendly debate with someone on Facebook ( shout out to him if he's a poster in this forum lol) About Mike Colter's performance as Luke Cage. The debate in question occured when a fellow user said Mike Colter was true to Luke Cage's character in terms of attitude, personality and look. I argued that Cage in the source sas very different and compared instances that his comic counterpart did - or would do in comparison to the mild mannered, soft spoken, reluctant giant we saw on the show for quite a few instances. Now I told him the issue and reason of why Netflix downplayed a more charismatic, loud and aggressive Cage was an entirely different topic, but I don't think I'm wrong in saying that in attitude Colter's Cage was pretty different in personality. Not even Bendis wrote family man Cage with such stoicism and stiffness. I say this as someone that feels like Luke Cage season 2 was my favorite series after Daredevil season 1. I also read from Colter that he was ready to tell the producers he wouldn't accept the roles unless changes were made to Cage. He said he went in the meeting with an idea of how he wanted to play him and how he should be portrayed and that was were he stood. He also said that he wasn't up for doing a lot of physical fights and heavy lifting (paraphrasing) The reason this topic came about was because they're rumors Cage might be recast and I said I'd welcome a bit of a younger more charismatic Cage. To credit the user I had a debate he did eventually concede I was right but also said he believed that Netflix Cage had the same convictions, motivations and morals as his comic counterpart to which I didn't argue the point.
    Agree with virtually all of your points especially that Colter's Cage is less edgy than Cage represented in the comics. I have read the rumors as well that Cage will be recast and there possibly being a Hero for Hire series in the future teaming him with Iron Fist who will also be recast.

Quote Originally Posted by Cage32 View Post
    Agree with virtually all of your points especially that Colter's Cage is less edgy than Cage represented in the comics. I have read the rumors as well that Cage will be recast and there possibly being a Hero for Hire series in the future teaming him with Iron Fist who will also be recast.
    Yes! Thanks! What's your take on the Iron Fist's series?

Quote Originally Posted by Cage32 View Post
    I think the Iron Fist casting disagreed even more with people than Cage's. Personally, I was fine with both castings. Not my perfect choices, but I was fine.

I think the biggest problem with the Iron Fist series was the tone. I mean, Netflix got "the street level" Marvel characters with which to produce its shows. The problem is, Iron Fist is kind of tricky when it comes to him being a "street level" character, for, while a martial artist, his whole origin and background story is imersed in fantasy and misticism. He trained in a mystical kingdom that only appears in our reality every decade or so, and he got his power by slaying a DRAGON. What's street level about that? IMHO, taking these elements out of the series, killed it. True, Luke and Danny share an unbreakable bond, but I'd rather have seen a Netflix Moon Knight series than the Disney + version that we got.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I think the Iron Fist casting disagreed even more with people than Cage's. Personally, I was fine with both castings. Not my perfect choices, but I was fine.

I think the biggest problem with the Iron Fist series was the tone. I mean, Netflix got "the street level" Marvel characters with which to produce its shows. The problem is, Iron Fist is kind of tricky when it comes to him being a "street level" character, for, while a martial artist, his whole origin and background story is imersed in fantasy and misticism. He trained in a mystical kingdom that only appears in our reality every decade or so, and he got his power by slaying a DRAGON. What's street level about that? IMHO, taking these elements out of the series, killed it. True, Luke and Danny share an unbreakable bond, but I'd rather have seen a Netflix Moon Knight series than the Disney + version that we got.

Peace
    I thought both Moon Knight and Shang Chi would've been better on Netflix as a show. Iron Fist was better suited for a film.

In my opinion the Netflix series portrayed him as a whinner and hothead, nothing further from the discipline and control depicted in the early comics.

I thought they did a better job with him on episode 10 of Luke Cage season 2.

Many viewers complained about his martial arts but that can be corrected with serious training and time. I don't think he is a bad actor and Finn Jones looks like Danny Rand to me.

Anybody digging Luke's tenure as mayor? Thunderbolts #2 had more of it.

Haven't seen it/read it.

Does he also get superhero action too or just show him being mayor?

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Haven't seen it/read it.

Does he also get superhero action too or just show him being mayor?
    Sadly no. Just more behind the desk stuff.

Sadly no. Just more behind the desk stuff.
    Ah, thanks.

I wanna see Luke in some good comic book action.