Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I don't know. I'm sure it'll be more biased politics inserted in our comicbooks. Exactly what I want to stay away from.

Peace
    I agree with you and that's annoying. I could already see him embodying Eric Adams, but I hope I'm wrong. I'm sick of the one side leaning politics in comics which why I've stopped reading them for the most part.

I feel like Luke Cage should get a solo series if they really wanna flesh this new status quo out.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    Attachment 120024 Could be dope.
    "Mr Cage why won't you run under the name Carl Lucas?!"

"Are you ashamed of your parents, are they ashamed of you?!"

"What message does it sends to the youth of New York to keep using the alias that you created when you were framed for a crime you didn't commit even after you were found innocent?!"

"If you are elected well you make it okay for Danny Rand to be Iron Fist again and get him a new actor and a new movie or D+ show?!. We would appreciate that!"
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    "Mr Cage why won't you run under the name Carl Lucas?!"

"Are you ashamed of your parents, are they ashamed of you?!"

"What message does it sends to the youth of New York to keep using the alias that you created when you were framed for a crime you didn't commit even after you were found innocent?!"

"If you are elected well you make it okay for Danny Rand to be Iron Fist again and get him a new actor and a new movie or D+ show?!. We would appreciate that!"
    He should definitely abolish the current legislation that prevents Danny Rand from being Iron Fist lol.

He should definitely abolish the current legislation that prevents Danny Rand from being Iron Fist lol.
    But that would conflict with Marvel's weird new idea that only Asians can do martial arts in their comics.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    But that would conflict with Marvel's weird new idea that only Asians can do martial arts in their comics.
    Wait. Wasn't Marvel trying to move away from the Asian martial arts hero in the 90s because it was seen as stereotypical? Now they are doubling down?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Marvel has lost their damn minds. But what do you expect to come out of this new status quo?

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

If they retire Hulk as the power house in the cinematic universe they could use Cage. He has a fun personality too and if they went with the bald goatee look Ving Rahmes would be perfect. He's got the build too.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    If they retire Hulk as the power house in the cinematic universe they could use Cage. He has a fun personality too and if they went with the bald goatee look Ving Rahmes would be perfect. He's got the build too.

Little too old now for my taste. He's 62 years old now.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Little too old now for my taste. He's 62 years old now.
    Yeah... I guess... and then there is his health, you have to wonder. I was just watching something to Willem Defoe the other day. I still say if he was 15 years younger he'd be a dead ringer. Can't see any other actors as buff as him.

Ving Rhames is already in the MCU. Personally, I would like to have him have hair with a clean-shaven face. You see me posting on many threads that a lot of characters were better off prior if you wipe away the past twenty years of canon and Luke Cage, of course, qualifies.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

depending on what ends up being accepted for the canon of Cage whenever the character is "brought back" into the MCU proper, who knows, maybe Ving can play his police detective father. Yes, I'm aware he had a different family background in the Netflix series, completely different. I have no insight on what will be brought into Cage's future live-action work, but I wouldn't mind that being an "alternate" world, and then readjusting for a more traditional comics-based backstory. If not, well, I guess we have to get used to spoilers:
    Luke being the non-criminal "crime" boss of Harlem, based on the conclusion of season two.
    end of spoilers

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I don't know. I'm sure it'll be more biased politics inserted in our comicbooks. Exactly what I want to stay away from.

Peace
    Power corrupts, as the saying goes, even those with the best intentions. I think that's what we'll see here, not dyed in the wool talking points of either side of the political divide.

Ving Rhames is already in the MCU. Personally, I would like to have him have hair with a clean-shaven face. You see me posting on many threads that a lot of characters were better off prior if you wipe away the past twenty years of canon and Luke Cage, of course, qualifies.
    This is especially true for Luke Cage. I can go on an endless rant how much I hate his marriage and all around relationship with Jessica Jones. I'd just about retcon everything Bendis did with him and I know that's not a popular thing for most fans of his. I actually prefer Cage with hair. The bald head makes him look too simplistic but that's never going to change just like he's forever stuck with a trashy character like Jessica and the damn baby. 70's Cage is my fav. I like some things in the 90's, too.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Power corrupts, as the saying goes, even those with the best intentions. I think that's what we'll see here, not dyed in the wool talking points of either side of the political divide.
    Hope so. That could be interesting.