Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    Marvel has lost their damn minds. But what do you expect to come out of this new status quo?
    Ain't it the truth?! That's what happens when you try to stay up with the last political correctness. Diversity and equality is good, but don't undermine your own classic characters who made Marvel what it is. An 'Iron Fists' series may have been a better way to go than having Danny no longer be Iron Fist.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Ain't it the truth?! That's what happens when you try to stay up with the last political correctness. Diversity and equality is good, but don't undermine your own classic characters who made Marvel what it is. An 'Iron Fists' series may have been a better way to go than having Danny no longer be Iron Fist.
    It's sad what happened to Danny Rand and it's still sad that Like Cage's 70's run is still his best solo run lol. But yeah woke Marvel goes about diversity in ways I can't get with.

Astonishing Member

70s Luke Cage was a reflection of the era when Blacksploitation was the rage. But his series definitely advanced diversity. But Marvel really doesn't know what to do with him these days. It is very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    70s Luke Cage was a reflection of the era when Blacksploitation was the rage. But his series definitely advanced diversity. But Marvel really doesn't know what to do with him these days. It is very sad.
    When I read the 70's stuff I was expecting to feel disrespected but I was surprised how well written he was. It's like the folks who criticize the series only read the Doctor Doom issue (which was awesome). My goodness the whole Hero-for-Hire concept was so fun and opened the doors for so much memorable adventures!! I can't believe a book and character with so much swag, energy, and life has been reduced to a boring family man, meanwhile Spider Man, Daredevil, Hawkeye and all these other heroes run around town like rockstars while Cage is stuck on babysitting duties with his nuts in Jessica's wallet. It's mind boggling how Jessica Jones has been give three or four solos while Luke is just there lol. Rant over.

So I often hear how awesome Mike Colter was as Luke Cage, and while I did have my issues with how he played him, I'd like to hear some of the thoughts others have on him as Cage.

The-Variants-2-cover-Noto-featured.jpg Supposedly this isn't the normal Jessica Jones but damn I wish Marvel would just separate them.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    The-Variants-2-cover-Noto-featured.jpg Supposedly this isn't the normal Jessica Jones but damn I wish Marvel would just separate them.
    Luke has had flings with a dozen women in Marvel universe and it's hinted that it's been even more and Jessica Jones in an alternative universe kissing DD bothers you?

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Luke has had flings with a dozen women in Marvel universe and it's hinted that it's been even more and Jessica Jones in an alternative universe kissing DD bothers you?
    I don't think Marvel is particularly invested in their marriage since Bendis departed so why not let it die and let them both move on. Also, I'll need proof of Luke hooking up with dozens of women outside of a cheap throw away line from Bendis in Alias. Jessica Jones has been on panel masturbating to a photo of the Human Torch, banged by Ant-Man, admitted to crushing on Peter Parker right in front of her husband, screwed by some nobody security guard on top of a car, supposedly hooked with Hellstorm...I know Luke dated Claire in the 70's, had Harmony Young and dated Jenifer Walters for two seconds in the 90's. So yes, I find it a bit annoying, variant or not, her kissing a dude that actually is a cape chaser that doesn't need any more notches under his belt lol. To me writers of today are shipping whores anyway - which is why I don't think they particularly care about marriages.
    Last edited by LukeCagefan; 04-21-2022 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    to be fair to Luke all those relationships happened before he was serious with Jessica
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    to be fair to Luke all those relationships happened before he was serious with Jessica
    I'm guessing the argument is she's a variant so it doesn't matter. But it's not a good look and it's unnecessary in my opinion. Let me see Elektra in her cute devil suit kissing a variant of Luke Cage and I'll be cool lmao. Nope. Won't happen.
    Last edited by LukeCagefan; 04-22-2022 at 04:21 AM.

Attachment 120484 Got this bad boy. Luke Cage sideshow figure.
    received_3177113422567471.jpg

I doubt they'd break up the marriage with their kid and being one of the more prominent interracial couple.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, but that's one of the huge problems with Marvel/Disney these days. They are more concerned with representation than good stories! I don't care if Luke and Jessica are married or not, but as far as stories go, give me Luke as Power Man teamed with Danny as Iron Fist. Everyone else are just supporting characters. I read and liked ALIAS. I watched and liked Netflix's Jessica Jones. But I honestly don't give a crap if I ever see the character again.

Luke is really a non-entity these days. I would like to see a wayback tale of Luke in 70s attire set in a gritty NYC story. The bald guy in suits isn't my cup of tea.

Niffleheim

As much as I'm not a fan of the marriage this new status change for Luke gives their marriage a whole other function outside of them just being married. Jessica as his fixer and private investigator makes more sense and gives them more opportunities for more stories and opens them up to a whole new class of villains but it will ONLY work IF he isn't written just as a passive by-stander who has to wait for things just to happen to him. They'll have to make him funny, opportunistic, calculating with a heart of course lol!. Just evolve the the slogan to Politician For Hire

I don't want an idealized Captain America who is noble and good, I want him to see the system as it is and exploit to get his constituents what they need.
    Last edited by Tofali; 04-22-2022 at 04:00 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough