Page 71 of 95 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1422
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    One of my best friends ordered this figure for me for my birthday. When it come in I will show pics of it, but here's a look.
    https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...Details/158120
    That is one iron clad best friend looking at the price tag on that thing.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    That is one iron clad best friend looking at the price tag on that thing.
    I know right?! He goes above and beyond. I am really appreciative.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

A review of A.X.E.: Avengers #1 starring Iron Man.
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-axe-avengers-1-review/
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

42404589_1839458309472849_1324596355359834112_n.jpgI love Granov's art. This is his cover of Iron Man fighting Sentry.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

A review of A.X.E.: Avengers #1 starring Iron Man.
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-axe-avengers-1-review/
    42404589_1839458309472849_1324596355359834112_n.jpgI love Granov's art. This is his cover of Iron Man fighting Sentry.
    Pretty cool. As for A.X.E.: Avengers, I thought it wasn't bad as an exploration of the toll Tony's guilt has taken on him over the years since he became Iron Man.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Not just guilt, grief. Tony Stark is defined by grief and the anticipation of more grief. He constantly invents because he hopes one day to invent something so miraculous that no one has to ever experience grief again. Tony Stark is at war with death.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Not just guilt, grief. Tony Stark is defined by grief and the anticipation of more grief. He constantly invents because he hopes one day to invent something so miraculous that no one has to ever experience grief again. Tony Stark is at war with death.
    I guess that's one way to look at Tony, but I don't think he's that defined by grief even if he's had his fair share of tragedy.

Although I guess Yinsen's death was a pretty big Uncle Ben moment.

It was brief but Ewing writes a great Iron man in Ant man. It was so good, to me in fact i remember wondering why someone alluded to Ewing not liking him in the X-men red preview thread but maybe i read it wrong and they meant gillien and were talking about the main event. Either way, i think Ewing strikes the perfect balance between self confident, smart, but aware of others with Tony. He may ignore you sometimes but he's actually listening. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It was brief but Ewing writes a great Iron man in Ant man. It was so good, to me in fact i remember wondering why someone alluded to Ewing not liking him in the X-men red preview thread but maybe i read it wrong and they meant gillien and were talking about the main event. Either way, i think Ewing strikes the perfect balance between self confident, smart, but aware of others with Tony. He may ignore you sometimes but he's actually listening. lol
    I think Ewing's written Tony decently at other instances.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    That's a good way of summing it up, and the comic actually implied if not outright stated that, with the Progenitor Celestial going over Tony's parents' death with him and citing it as one of his core motivators even before Yinsen. Namely, the idea that it was a machine that failed to keep Tony's parents safe and alive, so Tony's big thing is inventing better machines that'll keep everyone around him, everyone in the world, safe and alive. I'd say grief and guilt can mix, a la "survivor's guilt," insofar as while he's grieving for those he lost, he feels guilty that he couldn't save them or that he "got to live" while people like Yinsen (and Happy Hogan) didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess that's one way to look at Tony, but I don't think he's that defined by grief even if he's had his fair share of tragedy.

Although I guess Yinsen's death was a pretty big Uncle Ben moment.
    Yeah, it was, especially since in both their cases, the crux of their heroic motivation was that a particular person's death drove home for them the realization that their selfishness and irresponsibility with the power they wielded had directly (or indirectly, depending on one's interpretation) caused innocent people to suffer and die undeservingly. I'd say despite Peter Parker's infamous guilt complex, Tony's guilt was rather worse, because he was already an adult when he became Iron Man and had a lot more power in the relatively mundane sense compared to Peter at the time, not to mention a lot more deaths on his conscience, which would factor into why the comics (and other adaptations to a point) saw him go to extremes more often in comparison.

Oh, thanks for the recommendation there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

You’re right. It was brief, but I liked how Tony was written by Ewing. He had a nice grasp of Tony. I loved the plan he had Tony come up with to get rid of Pymtron.

Hasbro is making a Marvel Legend based on the Iron Man 90's cartoon. Even comes with a plasma cannon.
    https://bleedingcool.com/collectible...arvel-legends/

Hasbro is making a Marvel Legend based on the Iron Man 90's cartoon. Even comes with a plasma cannon.
    Sounds interesting. However, my preference will always be the ones from Season Two (XD)

Incredible Member

Pretty neat.

As soon as I saw the accessories, I heard "Proton Cannon"!.

They even have both helmets!