Page 84 of 95 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1422
    Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I'm late but sad to see Cantwell's run end. I'll admit that after the Book of Korvac, I felt like the quality dipped but I truly think this run is worth reading. For those who dropped it, I'd say work past those earlier issues. I understand Hellcat's personality and the slow start was a tough sell. Personally, I felt sorry for Tony kind of losing his way in the world. I did enjoy the last issue.

I saw on another board people suggesting that there should be an "Iron Man Blue" series that was Stark's version of "Spider-Man Blue". Do you think this would be a good idea? Maybe have Stark finding it impossible to sleep because he is haunted by grief from all the people he has lost?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I saw on another board people suggesting that there should be an "Iron Man Blue" series that was Stark's version of "Spider-Man Blue". Do you think this would be a good idea? Maybe have Stark finding it impossible to sleep because he is haunted by grief from all the people he has lost?
    I would love a mini like this. One of my favorite issues of Iron Man is #232. Takes place right after Armor Wars. It's about Tony not being able to sleep because of nightmares he's having over the affects of his tech on the world. I didn't know that's what Spider-Man Blue was about.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

It's about Peter and Gwen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    December 13th is when the new series start.
    That's a Tuesday, and this isn't DC. I assume you meant 14th.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-06-2022 at 04:56 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I remember those Jeph Loeb colors minis were all based around the death of a singular, pivotal, character to the protagonist (Karen Paige, Betty Ross (?), Gwen Stacy, Bucky) so I guess if they did one with Tony it would probably be based around Happy's death.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Yeah, it sure would be. As the framed Arc Reactor in the first movie said, "Proof That Tony Stark Has a Heart." And he does. He seriously does.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I would love a mini like this. One of my favorite issues of Iron Man is #232. Takes place right after Armor Wars. It's about Tony not being able to sleep because of nightmares he's having over the affects of his tech on the world. I didn't know that's what Spider-Man Blue was about.
    That would also be a great one to revisit and expand upon in a mini similar to Spider-Man Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I remember those Jeph Loeb colors minis were all based around the death of a singular, pivotal, character to the protagonist (Karen Paige, Betty Ross (?), Gwen Stacy, Bucky) so I guess if they did one with Tony it would probably be based around Happy's death.
    Happy, yeah, but they could (also) have Tony remembering Rumiko.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Happy, yeah, but they could (also) have Tony remembering Rumiko.
    True, but Happy was with Tony longer (then again, Gwen wasn't alive that long either).

For Tony fans - he has a brief appearance in Daredevil #6, and sets up the potential for a future appearance this arc

I rarely read his "guest appearances" in other people's books. He is generally twisted out of character, and nerfed hard in intelligence and power in such appearances.

I think Zdarsky writes a decent Tony.

Astonishing Member

Cantwell did a Tony short story on Thanos one shot which takes place in Thanos first appearance as a robot and Tony realizing what future awaits him as Thanos threat comes in later years.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Cantwell did a Tony short story on Thanos one shot which takes place in Thanos first appearance as a robot and Tony realizing what future awaits him as Thanos threat comes in later years.
    spoilers:
    Is that the one where Thanos claimed he already destroyed and recreated the universe long ago and this universe is thus his simulation?
    end of spoilers
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    spoilers:
    Is that the one where Thanos claimed he already destroyed and recreated the universe long ago and this universe is thus his simulation?
    end of spoilers
    Yes it is.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Bringing back the knight influence at least.