Page 15 of 95 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Threezero Debuts New Infinity Saga DLX Iron Man Mark 46 Armor.
    https://bleedingcool.com/collectible...mark-46-armor/
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Couldn't agree more! Their interactions are priceless (IMHO):

And their battles are quite EPIC, as well...
    And as of this latest issue, it seems we'll be on our way for another one.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Almost sounds like it's going to get relaunched/re-titled into Iron Man/Hellcat, although it's probably just announcing the new arc.

I'm ready to move on from Korvac.
    I hope it’s just about them announcing a new arc. Also I’ve really enjoyed the Book of Korvac storyline as it’s been phenomenal, but it’s time to move on to something new. I’m amazed he got to do a 19 part storyline in this day and age. Operation Galactic Storm was 19 parts, but that went through many different books.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I'm totally okay with Cantwell's entire run just being the Book of Korvac. I respect a storyline like that. Perhaps a modern epic?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    And as of this latest issue, it seems we'll be on our way for another one.
    Awesome! Thanks for the heads-up!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    I'm totally okay with Cantwell's entire run just being the Book of Korvac. I respect a storyline like that. Perhaps a modern epic?
    Agreed. This has been one long and beautifully woven storyline. I think when completed it can be considered a modern epic. As I stated in my other posts. You don’t see storylines last this long. People complain about 6 issue storylines. The fact that he was given the green light to tell his story in full is a credit to the offices of Marvel. We are always giving Marvel hell when the screwup as we should. We should also give it credit when it can see to get out it’s own way which is a credit in itself nowadays. I can’t wait to get it all in trade so I can loan them out to others and open their minds up to it.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 01-27-2022 at 02:40 AM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stick Figure View Post
    Man I could not deal with thought balloons. That is so weird to read!
    *sigh* the younger generation. Do you read many prose novels? There's constant inner dialoguing in addition to the characters verbalizing things.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Big Iron Man / Hellcat announcement coming soon, hopefully Friday. We'll have take them on one hell of a journey by Issue #19 in April. Two of my favorite characters I've ever written.

What's next for them post-Books of Korvac?

https://twitter.com/ifyoucantwell/st...54221846032385
    My guess is they may get married.

I really enjoyed this issue and can't wait for the next. I figured Doom would show up on the last page since we already knew from the solicitations that he would be in next month's issue

I am curious to see just how Doom approaches this task. Looking back at the last time Doom was omnipotent in Secret Wars, he did seem to have more of a handle on things since he was able to maintain control (along with the assistance of Doctor Strange and the Molecule Man) for around 7 years IIRC. I think one factor was that he didn't always run at full power...Molecule Man was still the battery for the powers taken from of all those remaining Beyonders and Doom would tap into that.

I always thought the Beyonders' powers were beyond the Power Cosmic since they were able to nearly wipe everything out. But I could be wrong about that since it was the cascading effect of the incursions that caused multiversal destruction.

The last time Victor and Tony met it was in that memorable Christmas issue Cantwell did as a tie in to King in Black so I am glad their next meeting takes place in Cantwell's Iron Man series. When last they met, Doom was still feeling the effects of how things ended up when he met a version of himself that had faced all his past transgressions and turned himself in for judgement. He served his sentence and was a better man for it. He still had some arrogance and eventually Doom couldn't accept that this version of himself had achieved so much good and was loved. Cantwell has stated that Doom's act of destruction of this universe was a crime of passion and that sounds about right. He was in a regretful mood when Tony encountered him at Christmas time in the King in Black tie in that takes place at Christmastime.

IMO he feels like the act of destroying that universe at towards the end of the Doom solo was something so terrible that he's can't justify his actions and feels he's not going to achieve any kind of salvation. This should be an interesting next issue of Iron Man because I'm sure it will come up now that Tony knows about that dead universe. Victor and Tony both have addiction problems....Tony as a recovering alcoholic and Victor is addicted to power. I'm sure Cantwell will make this a fascinating encounter and he's really good at how they have become frenemies over the years. You'd never see Reed and Victor having the kind of encounters/conversations they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Threezero Debuts New Infinity Saga DLX Iron Man Mark 46 Armor.
    https://bleedingcool.com/collectible...mark-46-armor/
    This looks sweet! But I bet it is going to cost!

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Certainly to be added to one of Tony's best story arcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post

I really enjoyed this issue and can't wait for the next. I figured Doom would show up on the last page since we already knew from the solicitations that he would be in next month's issue

I am curious to see just how Doom approaches this task. Looking back at the last time Doom was omnipotent in Secret Wars, he did seem to have more of a handle on things since he was able to maintain control (along with the assistance of Doctor Strange and the Molecule Man) for around 7 years IIRC. I think one factor was that he didn't always run at full power...Molecule Man was still the battery for the powers taken from of all those remaining Beyonders and Doom would tap into that.

I always thought the Beyonders' powers were beyond the Power Cosmic since they were able to nearly wipe everything out. But I could be wrong about that since it was the cascading effect of the incursions that caused multiversal destruction.

The last time Victor and Tony met it was in that memorable Christmas issue Cantwell did as a tie in to King in Black so I am glad their next meeting takes place in Cantwell's Iron Man series. When last they met, Doom was still feeling the effects of how things ended up when he met a version of himself that had faced all his past transgressions and turned himself in for judgement. He served his sentence and was a better man for it. He still had some arrogance and eventually Doom couldn't accept that this version of himself had achieved so much good and was loved. Cantwell has stated that Doom's act of destruction of this universe was a crime of passion and that sounds about right. He was in a regretful mood when Tony encountered him at Christmas time in the King in Black tie in that takes place at Christmastime.

IMO he feels like the act of destroying that universe at towards the end of the Doom solo was something so terrible that he's can't justify his actions and feels he's not going to achieve any kind of salvation. This should be an interesting next issue of Iron Man because I'm sure it will come up now that Tony knows about that dead universe. Victor and Tony both have addiction problems....Tony as a recovering alcoholic and Victor is addicted to power. I'm sure Cantwell will make this a fascinating encounter and he's really good at how they have become frenemies over the years. You'd never see Reed and Victor having the kind of encounters/conversations they do.
    Funny you should say that. I think Doom has more respect for Tony than some of his friends and teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Funny you should say that. I think Doom has more respect for Tony than some of his friends and teammates.
    I think that is probably the case with some of them...maybe Captain America among them.

I think it's Tony and Hellcat getting married as well. I didn't know Doom killed a whole universe. So that's the dead universe Tony sent Korvac to. Thanks for that information. Looking forward to see Tony and Victor confronting each other.

All-New Member

I think that is probably the case with some of them...maybe Captain America among them.
    I liked when Reed Richards said he feels dumber now. Too funny!!