Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1422
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    I hope you like it...

Attachment 124807
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It looks nice .
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I really like it. Beautifully done. It's my second favorite armor.
    Cosigned. It's still the best 21st-century Iron Man armor for me. Great job.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Marvel's New Iron Man Series Gives Tony Stark the 'Born Again' Treatment: https://www.ign.com/articles/marvel-...gan-born-again

It's an interview with Duggan. It also has a preview gallery for #1 of the new IM run.
    Last edited by The Invincible Beawulf; 09-22-2022 at 05:55 AM.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

I hope you like it...

Attachment 124807
    It's beautiful, I like it!
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Cosigned. It's still the best 21st-century Iron Man armor for me. Great job.
    Thanks for your nice remarks everyone!
    This was indeed one of my favourite models and one of the few good parts of Bendis's run. Kind of bummer it didn't stick for a while.

This, the Superior armor, the modular armor, the new red and gold, the SKIN armor and the Sentient Armor were my favourite models.
    The new model Tony wears in the Books of Korvak is nice as well. It grows on me as the time passes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    Marvel's New Iron Man Series Gives Tony Stark the 'Born Again' Treatment: https://www.ign.com/articles/marvel-...gan-born-again

It's an interview with Duggan. It also has a preview gallery for #1 of the new IM run.
    "Born Again" - haven't we done this a dozen times with Tony?

It's not like we've gotten solid years of stable, happy, progression for Tony.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I hope you like it...

Attachment 124807
    This is a good piece, very nice, very nice.

Hell wasn't Cantwell's run him having a midlife crisis? How many midlife crisis' is he gonna have?

Calling it, this version of Stark will be an ugly deconstruction of Richard Branson. He's got Richard Branson's hairdo with a brunette dye-job. He's writing an autobiography like Branson. He's being called a "futurist", a word I hate because it's basically just a rich businessman propaganda word, and one that's been applied to Branson and several other billionaires.

This run will be a deconstruction of Branson mixed with several other billionaires, all of them horrible people who should never be the basis of a superhero.

The "futurist" thing especially gets on my nerves. Tony Stark is an INVENTOR, not a "futurist". A "futurist" is just a fancy word for someone who analyses market trends and tries to anticipate the market. I'm closer to being a "futurist" than Stark, in that I study balance sheets and try to anticipate the fair value those stocks will eventually settle on, allowing me to decide whether to buy calls, puts, or wheel-strat that stock. Except I'm not some narcissistic billionaire so I would never call myself anything that pretentious for doing something so incredibly banal.

It's telling that the time period when Stark kept calling himself a "futurist" was Civil War, and the whole point of him doing that was to portray him as pretentious sociopath political figure who deserved to be beaten down by the heroes of the story. The return of that word is a very very very bad sign about the writer's intentions and view of Stark.

From the Silver Age to the Civil War era, Stark was called a scientist or inventor. It's "America's top scientist Tony Stark" here and "the great American scientist Tony Stark" there. Scientist, scientist, scientist constantly pounded into the reader in those Silver Age stories.

The very fact that the writer implicitly thinks of Stark as a futurist rather than a scientist or inventor is a very, very bad sign and red flag. I associate the word with nothing but bad memories.
    Last edited by MichaelC; 09-22-2022 at 02:15 PM.

Thanks for sharing the article. I'm still nervous as this sounds like a retreading of stuff that has been done already. Although I am digging the art. It looks really good. Getting spoiled with all the artist Tony has had lately lol.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Preview of next weeks A.X.E.: Avengers #1
    https://www.gamesradar.com/iron-mans...ers-1-preview/
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 09-22-2022 at 05:45 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Preview of next weeks A.X.E.: Avengers #!
    I like the idea of Stark dealing with his grief and survivor's guilt about Yinsen.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

In that regard, he and Spider-Man (Peter Parker) could definitely relate. Hell, ASM's current run literally started with Peter completely alienated from his support network --- civilian and superhero friends, family, other loved ones --- because of some incident that ended with him in a smoking crater surrounded by utter devastation, and we still don't know the context or backstory for that yet. I'm really hoping Duggan at least spares us having to wait months to find out what would happen to similarly alienate Tony from everyone around him.

Preview of next weeks A.X.E.: Avengers #!
    Should be an interesting read, especially given the shocker at the end of A.X.E.: Judgment Day #5.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I like the idea of Stark dealing with his grief and survivor's guilt about Yinsen.
    Me too. It’s going to be a 40 page special so hopefully they really get into it.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Tony’s Lex Luthor was already Justin Hammer, or his brother.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Calling it, this version of Stark will be an ugly deconstruction of Richard Branson. He's got Richard Branson's hairdo with a brunette dye-job. He's writing an autobiography like Branson. He's being called a "futurist", a word I hate because it's basically just a rich businessman propaganda word, and one that's been applied to Branson and several other billionaires.

This run will be a deconstruction of Branson mixed with several other billionaires, all of them horrible people who should never be the basis of a superhero.

The "futurist" thing especially gets on my nerves. Tony Stark is an INVENTOR, not a "futurist". A "futurist" is just a fancy word for someone who analyses market trends and tries to anticipate the market. I'm closer to being a "futurist" than Stark, in that I study balance sheets and try to anticipate the fair value those stocks will eventually settle on, allowing me to decide whether to buy calls, puts, or wheel-strat that stock. Except I'm not some narcissistic billionaire so I would never call myself anything that pretentious for doing something so incredibly banal.

It's telling that the time period when Stark kept calling himself a "futurist" was Civil War, and the whole point of him doing that was to portray him as pretentious sociopath political figure who deserved to be beaten down by the heroes of the story. The return of that word is a very very very bad sign about the writer's intentions and view of Stark.

From the Silver Age to the Civil War era, Stark was called a scientist or inventor. It's "America's top scientist Tony Stark" here and "the great American scientist Tony Stark" there. Scientist, scientist, scientist constantly pounded into the reader in those Silver Age stories.

The very fact that the writer implicitly thinks of Stark as a futurist rather than a scientist or inventor is a very, very bad sign and red flag. I associate the word with nothing but bad memories.
    Eh, I think they've pretty consistently shown that he's inventive and building stuff even when they've been pushing him as a Futurist, or melding the two together.
    Preview of next weeks A.X.E.: Avengers #1
    I guess that's about how I'd expect Tony to be judged.

This is absolutely beautiful. Iron Man statue by Beast Kingdom.
    https://bleedingcool.com/collectible...beast-kingdom/
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 09-22-2022 at 11:01 PM.