Page 61 of 95 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Yes, I have to say I also liked that Cantwell brought back spoilers:
    the Titantium Man
    end of spoilers, an oldie from Stan Lee. I don't think he's been in anything since maybe the 1990s.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Oops, forgot about that IM2020. Well it works even better, same issue count for there to be a Cantwell Iron Man Omnibus in the solicits for 4Q 2023.
    The Collections Dept has really dropped the ball on IM Omnis vs other A-list characters.
    It won't be in Omnibus form. Those are huge. For example, I have one volume of Jonathan Hickman's Fantastic Four and it's the size of the old phone books. They could split it into maybe several TPBs. They did that with Cantwell's Doctor Doom series. Two TPBs with 5 issues each.

There's also another type of book called the Epic Collection. I have this one and they are small hardcovers

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-05-2022 at 09:30 PM.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I loved the return of the Unicorn, TM, and Korvac. While I was a little over the Korvac storyline, but it was the cosmic god armor that really turned me off from the story. I definitely needed some more classics here. Like Whiplash, Spymaster, maybe a solo tale vs. Crimson Dynamo, etc.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah... spoilers:
    It's true that it doesn't have to be Tony wearing the helmet, Bendis's run did have Doctor Doom as Iron Man, with Ironheart starring in a book that also had Iron Man as the title instead of her own name. So Tony dying doesn't equal book cancelled. Maybe they'll have Jim Rhodes wear the red and gold armour? It wouldn't be his first time.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Correct. Hopefully they've worked the kinks out, if Rhodey dons the Red & Gold again...
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    There's also another type of book called the Epic Collection. I have this one and they are small hardcovers

Me too! I also have this Marvel Premiere Classic HC in my collection. Definitely a keepsake (IMHO):

Last edited by K7P5V; 08-06-2022 at 01:54 AM. Reason: Corrected Grammatical Errors.

Any word on the new creative team?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Any word on the new creative team?
    Not yet, though considering they finally revealed who'll be taking over Fantastic Four after the A.X.E. tie-in issues following Dan Slott's departure from FF . . . I could see Iron Man's not taking that much longer.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/08/19/ge...le-iron-man-1/

gerry-duggan-frigeri-invincible-iron-man-1

I enjoy Duggan as a writer so having him shepherd Tony could be fun...although losing his wealth, fame, and privilege feels so "been there, done that."

All the same it'll be nice to see some old armors .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    losing his wealth, fame, and privilege feels so "been there, done that."
    This^

I don't care in the slightest that Stark is losing those things. I'd rather he mourn the PEOPLE he has lost over the years, like his fiance Rumiko. Stark never seems to mourn PEOPLE, which makes it impossible to care that when he loses THINGS.

This just sounds like another run where Stark loses THINGS and doesn't even seem to remember all the PEOPLE he's lost over the years.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’m…apprehensively optimistic about Duggan, but what’s been solicited doesn’t grab me by the throat and says “you will read this, and it will be the second coming!!!”

If I ever have the chance to pitch an Iron Man run, it'd have Bethany Cabe, Rhodey, Suzi Endo, Madame Masque, Justine Hammer would return as a financial adversary, as well as the Crimson Cowl, she'd also finance his rogues to upgrade their gear, Crimson Commando, and a noir-type Cold War era thriller, the Ghost, a new female Spymaster, omg so many things I want to include. I'd focus less on him making these ridiculous upgrades to his armor, and build up who he is as a character. Figure out what he could do as a businessman that doesn't focus on him making weapons, etc.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

I dunno. It just sounds like another reset run where Stark's narcissism costs him inanimate things, and drives friends away.

Meanwhile he continues to not mourn any of the people he loved who have died, making him come across as a sociopath. Parents dead, mentors Yinsin and Sal Kenedy dead, fiance Rumiko dead, but he never mourns because the writer immediately wants to move on to unrelated stories.

I think the Stark's alcoholism and narcissism costs him inanimate things and drives friends away is just what editorial thinks is the one story you can tell about Stark again and again, so a new writer means very little. It's gotten extremely old. This run hasn't even started yet, and it already feels extremely stale.

I wonder if people just feel too self-conscious writing Tony as a good guy who is also rich and runs a successful company.

Ugh, I hate that we can't link to AIPT images because of /i0. wp. com/ in the urls.

So here's the cover from GamesRadar instead (CBR don't have the news yet!):
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    https://aiptcomics.com/2022/08/19/ge...le-iron-man-1/

gerry-duggan-frigeri-invincible-iron-man-1
    Since Duggan is thrilled to be following Cantwell will he be keeping the developments with Patsy/Hellcat....or is that something also lost?
    Will we get two panels and 4 sentences showing how that relationship is just torched?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Since Duggan is thrilled to be following Cantwell will he be keeping the developments with Patsy/Hellcat....or is that something also lost?
    Will we get two panels and 4 sentences showing how that relationship is just torched?
    Probably. I mean, when new writers have started they've even ignored huge events like the death of Stark's fiance. If they can ignore the death of a fiance, they can certainly ignore the breakup of a brief fling.

And they are broken up by the way. She rejected his marriage proposal, so now they're just friends.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman