Page 11 of 95 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    According to Newsarama the top 10 Iron Man stories of all time. No Haunted on it which is a mistake, but what do you guys think?
    https://www.gamesradar.com/best-iron-man-stories/
    No stories from the Director of SHIELD series?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

According to Newsarama the top 10 Iron Man stories of all time. No Haunted on it which is a mistake, but what do you guys think?
    I was mildly surprised the sentient armor story made the list, otherwise, it’s a good list.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Not including Haunted means this is a garbage list.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I was mildly surprised the sentient armor story made the list, otherwise, it’s a good list.
    Having read the Sentient Armor story in TPB, Iron Man's armor getting psychotically obsessed with Tony reminded me of the Venom symbiote with Spider-Man.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    No stories from the Director of SHIELD series?
    Yeah I know. I was disappointed that they didn't pick anything from that series either.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I was surprised as well. Not that it's a bad story. Just that I didn't think people ranked it that high.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I've always recommended Superior Iron Man since that's the series that got me into reading Iron Man stuff. I know that sounds weird, but seeing how Tony SHOULDN'T act made me all the more concerned to see him return to normal, which even convinced me to read some of the Bendis run. Also the last few issues with Iron Man vs Iron Man was so awesome.

Yeah I know. I was disappointed that they didn't pick anything from that series either.

I was surprised as well. Not that it's a bad story. Just that I didn't think people ranked it that high.
    I thought the sentient armor story was a completely forgettable bland nothing story. I had forgotten I had ever read it until it popped up on this list. Whereas Haunted was a classic. This list including the sentient armor story and not including Haunted is just criminal.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    I've always recommended Superior Iron Man since that's the series that got me into reading Iron Man stuff. I know that sounds weird, but seeing how Tony SHOULDN'T act made me all the more concerned to see him return to normal, which even convinced me to read some of the Bendis run. Also the last few issues with Iron Man vs Iron Man was so awesome.
    That's an interesting perspective

I think Disassembled is a pretty good story too.

Attachment 117539 Tony Stark versus Thanos.
    Oh, he's in trouble. Riri fought Thanos in a Champions issue, and he utterly destroyed her. When she returned to Earth she had to build a new suit from scratch - her current one.

Speaking of which, looks like Tony's current suit is also getting destroyed.

IRON MAN #19
    CHRISTOPHER CANTWELL (W) • CAFU (A) • Cover by ALEX ROSS
    VARIANT COVER BY DAVID NAKAYAMA
    Stormbreakers Variant Cover by JUANN CABAL
    Spider-Man Variant Cover by DAN JURGENS
    AT LAST, THE STUNNING CONCLUSION OF THE BOOKS OF KORVAC! Tony Stark must face Michael Korvac once again, and once and for all. No cosmic powers, no allies or henchmen, and no...armor? This is the very end of a very long and very rocky journey; Tony’s going to have to get by on his own blood, sweat, and tears. For the first time in his life, he’s all out of ideas.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I think Disassembled is a pretty good story too.
    Brother to me it’s the best Iron Man story ever written. To say I love it and it’s my favorite would be putting it lightly.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 01-20-2022 at 12:20 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Oh, he's in trouble. Riri fought Thanos in a Champions issue, and he utterly destroyed her. When she returned to Earth she had to build a new suit from scratch - her current one.

IRON MAN #19
    AT LAST, THE STUNNING CONCLUSION OF THE BOOKS OF KORVAC! Tony Stark must face Michael Korvac once again, and once and for all. No cosmic powers, no allies or henchmen, and no...armor? This is the very end of a very long and very rocky journey; Tony’s going to have to get by on his own blood, sweat, and tears. For the first time in his life, he’s all out of ideas.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    I don't think the armor gets destroyed so much as he ditches everything to take Korvac on personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

IRON MAN #19
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    I am blown away by that cover! They better make a poster out of it. Alex Ross has been nothing short of stellar on these Iron Man covers. I really hope them make a book or magazine featuring all the covers he’s done on this series. I’m going to grab that variant as well.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 01-20-2022 at 02:45 PM.

Anyone know what Tony was up to in this new issues of Avengers? Was he in it?

Preview for Iron Man #16. I really don’t like the way the FF and Avengers come at Tony in the preview. Very frigging hostile.
    https://www.cbr.com/avengers-confron...tark-iron-god/
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 01-20-2022 at 03:31 PM.