Page 17 of 95 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    It was amazing. I’m kinda sad Cantwell hasn’t done a storyline involving Doom yet. I’d love to see them return to that Earth and team up like they did in IM 150 & 250.
    You need to read the latest issue. spoilers:
    It ends with Patsy asking Dr Doom for help.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

"We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Curious. Wasn’t there some future seen by Franklin Richards where Tony married Emma Frost? I forget what book I saw that in.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Curious. Wasn’t there some future seen by Franklin Richards where Tony married Emma Frost? I forget what book I saw that in.
    Yes. You are correct. Tony is supposed to marry Emma. I don’t know how their going to pull it all off, but that’s what’s been put out there.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You need to read the latest issue. spoilers:
    It ends with Patsy asking Dr Doom for help.
    end of spoilers
    I’m working my way up to it! Got a little behind on Shellhead, but I’m looking forward to it.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

History of the Marvel Universe. Tony marrying Emma is the only future prediction in there that hasn't already happened. Perhaps Marauders caused her to be substituted for Hellcat before the current Iron Man run started?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Interesting. Both are damaged characters looking to be better. I don't see it happening though. I just don't think this relationship is strong enough to survive a marriage and not sure how much they really love each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Interesting. Both are damaged characters looking to be better. I don't see it happening though. I just don't think this relationship is strong enough to survive a marriage and not sure how much they really love each other.
    The last woman he truly loved died just as they were about to get married. So perhaps he is marrying Patsy precisely because he DOESN'T love her. She's a safe way to assuage his loneliness because he only likes her.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Exactly that. I’ve liked what Cantwell has done, but this makes little sense, or perhaps that’s the intention. Hell, beyond Reed and Susan (and even they’ve had plenty of rough patches), just how many superhero marriages in the Marvel Universe have had anything in the way of true staying power? Hank and Jan, Peter and MJ, Wanda and Vision, T’Challa and Ororo, none of those, and that’s just off the top of my head. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see what happens.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Exactly that. I’ve liked what Cantwell has done, but this makes little sense, or perhaps that’s the intention. Hell, beyond Reed and Susan (and even they’ve had plenty of rough patches), just how many superhero marriages in the Marvel Universe have had anything in the way of true staying power? Hank and Jan, Peter and MJ, Wanda and Vision, T’Challa and Ororo, none of those, and that’s just off the top of my head. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see what happens.
    This looks more like a knee-jerk reaction on Tony's part. After everything that they've gone through and how much Patsy has helped Tony with some of his problems, he might think that he does love Patsy but in reality, it's more like extreme gratitude and he thinks that marriage is what comes next.

This looks more like a knee-jerk reaction on Tony's part. After everything that they've gone through and how much Patsy has helped Tony with some of his problems, he might think that he does love Patsy but in reality, it's more like extreme gratitude and he thinks that marriage is what comes next.
    I think it's darker than that. I think he knows he doesn't love her. He just thinks that loving a woman dooms her to death. So marrying a woman he doesn't love is the only safe way to assuage his loneliness.

History of the Marvel Universe. Tony marrying Emma is the only future prediction in there that hasn't already happened. Perhaps Marauders caused her to be substituted for Hellcat before the current Iron Man run started?
    Well, not exactly. I just went back to have another look at HotMU 6. Here's a list of the 'near future' predictions Galactus gives out.

1) The age of Khonshu - Avengers (Vol 8) 33-37 by Jason Aaron
    2) The interstellar reign of the half-breed - Empyre 1-6 by Al Ewing, Dan Slott
    3) The rise of the outlaw generation - Outlawed 1, Champions (Vol 4) 1-5 by Eve Ewing
    4) The King in Black - King in Black 1-5 by Donny Cates
    5) The wedding of Tony Stark and Emma Frost - ?
    6) The tragic fate of Luke Cage and Jessica Jones' second child - ? (could be Devil's Reign, maybe Fisk has a file on them)
    7) The Defenders of Tomorrow - Defenders (Vol 6) 1-5 by Al Ewing
    8) Threadneedle - The Marvels (Vol 2) 10 by Kurt Busiek
    9) Warbird - The Marvels (Vol 2) 8 by Kurt Busiek
    10) The fate of Mephisto - ? (probably the 2023 Avengers event by Jason Aaron, the finale of his run)

So that's 3 predictions out of 10 that hasn't happened yet.

I think we can safely predict that the 'fate of Mephisto' is the finale of Aaron's Avengers sometime in 2023.
    The Cage-Jones second child is trickier, but it could be something that happens once Cage becomes Mayor of New York in Devil's Reign.
    I think the Stark-Frost wedding was something Waid randomly threw out there because he needed some X-Men presence in these predictions but he wasn't privy to the X-Office's plans (if he did, he would have just foreshadowed X of Swords instead).
    Since Cantwell is doing the Iron Man / Hellcat wedding now, I doubt the Stark-Frost thing is happening anymore.

Eh, I don't know if I agree with this, there's quite a number of successful marriages in the Marvel comics published today:

Reed Richards and Sue Storm are married with four children (Franklin, Valeria, Wu, Vil).
    Ben Grimm and Alicia Masters are married with six children (Jo-Venn, N'Kalla, Tong, Korr, Mik, Turg).
    Luke Cage and Jessica Jones are married with one child (Danielle).
    Hulkling and Wiccan are married.
    Scott Summers and Jean Grey are married with three children (Cable, Rachel, X-Man).
    Rogue and Gambit are married.
    Northstar and Kyle Jinadu are married with one child (Joanne).
    Brian Braddock and Meggan Puceanu are married with one child (Maggie).
    Apocalypse and Genesis are married with four children (Famine, Pestilence, War, Death).
    Destiny and Mystique are married with two children (Nightcrawler, Rogue).

Of the four used-to-be-married couples you mentioned (Hank-Jan, Wanda-Vision, Peter-MJ, T'Challa-Storm), I think the Wanda / Vision marriage is the one most likely to come back due to the popularity of WandaVision and the fact that there doesn't seem to be an obvious reason that is keeping them apart.

Hank / Jan is problematic and has image issues.
    Peter / MJ is being hindered by toxic nostalgia.
    T'Challa / Storm suffers from a problem where the characters are from different franchises and belong to different editors.

As usual we are on the same wavelength brother. I think it's just 2 desperate people reaching out for each other and I also think it's a knee jerk reaction from Tony. I mean what do you do after you were just a God?!?! Tony's addicted to Alcohol, Morphine and how can you not be addicted to having the power of a God after you’ve had it. Also he’s just reaching out to someone that he sees as solid and that can help him and Patsy has been there every step of this journey against Korvac.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 01-30-2022 at 12:09 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Waid did say that was the only tease that didn't have a plan and was thrown out there to see if anyone would use it.

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    Well, not exactly. I just went back to have another look at HotMU 6. Here's a list of the 'near future' predictions Galactus gives out.

1) The age of Khonshu - Avengers (Vol 8) 33-37 by Jason Aaron
    2) The interstellar reign of the half-breed - Empyre 1-6 by Al Ewing, Dan Slott
    3) The rise of the outlaw generation - Outlawed 1, Champions (Vol 4) 1-5 by Eve Ewing
    4) The King in Black - King in Black 1-5 by Donny Cates
    5) The wedding of Tony Stark and Emma Frost - ?
    6) The tragic fate of Luke Cage and Jessica Jones' second child - ? (could be Devil's Reign, maybe Fisk has a file on them)
    7) The Defenders of Tomorrow - Defenders (Vol 6) 1-5 by Al Ewing
    8) Threadneedle - The Marvels (Vol 2) 10 by Kurt Busiek
    9) Warbird - The Marvels (Vol 2) 8 by Kurt Busiek
    10) The fate of Mephisto - ? (probably the 2023 Avengers event by Jason Aaron, the finale of his run)

So that's 3 predictions out of 10 that hasn't happened yet.

I think we can safely predict that the 'fate of Mephisto' is the finale of Aaron's Avengers sometime in 2023.
    The Cage-Jones second child is trickier, but it could be something that happens once Cage becomes Mayor of New York in Devil's Reign.
    I think the Stark-Frost wedding was something Waid randomly threw out there because he needed some X-Men presence in these predictions but he wasn't privy to the X-Office's plans (if he did, he would have just foreshadowed X of Swords instead).
    Since Cantwell is doing the Iron Man / Hellcat wedding now, I doubt the Stark-Frost thing is happening anymore.

Great list as always

Also fate of Mephisto was teased at the end of ASM w/ Peter or his daughter being the one who takes them down.I do think Jason Aaron is what they teased though and he won't use Spider-man at all which sucks because he deserves to kick Mephisto's butt more than anyone but oh well