Page 3 of 95 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Two questions: someone posted a listing of the armors and it went from Mack III to Mack V. Where's Mack IV?

2: Rhodey has been Iron Man for a while eventually becoming War Machine/Patriot. The other two would be Riri Williams and Doctor Doom right?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    I've really been enjoying playing as Tony in the Marvel's Avengers video game, so much so that I've been doing a Iron Man readathon, bought the Marvel Select Hulkbuster, and rewatched the first movie!

Yesterday I finished reading all of Fraction's run. Really enjoyed that, especially Splitlip, the final Mandarin arc, and especially Tony on the run + rebuilding his mind.

I'm actually trying to decide what to really read next I guess? I don't want to go into the Marvel NOW! run right away, and maybe read something older. I'm not really sure how to tackle the original comics. (I don't think I can read the entire thing, but I also don't wanna miss the little things like character evolution or development.) Suggestions welcome.

Are there any good mini-series I can find? Could I read Iron Man's appearances in GoTG for a better transition from Fraction to Kieron Gillen?
    Grab the oft overlooked, yet killer Len Kaminski run. Starts with Operation: Galactic Storm up until the bastardized Crossing era.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I'm actually using Marvel Unlimited so I'm open to reading anything if they've got it on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    2 fantastic mini series are Enter The Mandarin and The Inevitable both written by the amazing Joe Casey. Tony’s GoTG appearances are ok, but they don’t go into his space adventure as much as Gillens run does.
    I actually decided to check out The Inevitable first! The dynamic between Ghost and Spymaster is hilarious!

ghost and spymaster.jpg

Especially when Ghost thinks he's killed Iron Man. I'm dying over here!

Oh and to contribute to the armor discussion, I've always liked the classic armors most. I especially love how the Book of Korvac armor looks very classic too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Grab the oft overlooked, yet killer Len Kaminski run. Starts with Operation: Galactic Storm up until the bastardized Crossing era.
    Great suggestion. I love Operation: Galactic Storm and Len Kaminski's run. My all time favorite issue of Iron Man is #313 written by Kaminski.

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I'm actually using Marvel Unlimited so I'm open to reading anything if they've got it on there.

I actually decided to check out The Inevitable first! The dynamic between Ghost and Spymaster is hilarious!

ghost and spymaster.jpg

Especially when Ghost thinks he's killed Iron Man. I'm dying over here!

Oh and to contribute to the armor discussion, I've always liked the classic armors most. I especially love how the Book of Korvac armor looks very classic too.
    Glad you're loving The Inevitable. Anything Joe Casey writes and Tony's involved I say get it. He just knows Tony.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 01-04-2022 at 11:48 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Great suggestion. I love Operation: Galactic Storm and Len Kaminski's run. My all time favorite issue of Iron Man is #313 written by Kaminski.
    One of my favorite moments from the Kaminski run will always be the introduction of the War Machine armor
    Last edited by K7P5V; 01-05-2022 at 01:43 AM. Reason: Added Helpful Link.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    One of my favorite moments from the Kaminski run will always be the introduction of the War Machine armor
    That was very good.

111297-30509-iron-man.JPGOne of Granov's covers.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Birth of a legend .

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

My favorite armors are his stealth armor from the 80’s, and the Mark 13 from Iron Man 300.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Two questions: someone posted a listing of the armors and it went from Mack III to Mack V. Where's Mack IV?

2: Rhodey has been Iron Man for a while eventually becoming War Machine/Patriot. The other two would be Riri Williams and Doctor Doom right?
    Thanks for pointing that out. I've made the correction.

Cap revealed one thing Iron Man got right during Civil War.
    https://www.cbr.com/captain-america-...els-civil-war/

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Cap revealed one thing Iron Man got right during Civil War.
    https://www.cbr.com/captain-america-...els-civil-war/
    Yeah, the Fifty-State Initiative was a good idea. A lot of the overall ideas for greater accountability, responsibility, and responsiveness from the superhero community towards the citizens and world they protected could have worked out if those in the government calling the shots behind them had been willing to scale back or strip out the more brutal and severe methods of enforcement. Alas, as it turned out, the SHRA wasn't so much about protecting public welfare as it was about the government, with its unfortunate history of being exploited by the actual bad guys to undermine, control, and/or flat-out eliminate superheroes for morally dubious ends, finally being able to corral and weaponize those same superheroes with a seemingly overwhelming mandate from the general public following the disaster in Stamford. Then Norman Osborn somehow got put in charge of enforcing it, and that, at least for me, was the death knell for any concept of the SHRA in-universe having even started with good intentions.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Indeed, it is.
    The spider is always on the hunt.