Page 5 of 95 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I’ve always been of the opinion that the Tony/Steve dynamic isn’t emphasized enough in the Marvel Universe like Bruce and Clark over in the DC Universe. This book is definitely fleshing things out, and it’s been a pleasant surprise.
    Very true. I don't think they portray how important their relationship really is. Either one or both has been their for just about every incarnation of the Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    What do you guys think? I think what Tony was doing was just thinking a head. Is it wrong? I guess in a way, but you never know what might happen in the future.
    The Avengers first meeting showed some of Tony's secretive side.
    https://screenrant.com/avengers-firs...man-dark-side/
    So because Bendis did a mild retcon of events of the Avengers first meeting, Tony is a villain waiting to happen? Might I remind people that the "dark, secretive side" of Steve became head of HYDRA and conquered most of the United States during Secret Empire? What about that time when Thor became king of Asgard and tried to invade and conquer Earth?

But we get article after article about what's wrong with Tony. Smh.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    So because Bendis did a mild retcon of events of the Avengers first meeting, Tony is a villain waiting to happen? Might I remind people that the "dark, secretive side" of Steve became head of HYDRA and conquered most of the United States during Secret Empire? What about that time when Thor became king of Asgard and tried to invade and conquer Earth?

Yeah, I may have my own issues with some of his actions in the past, but this is a bit much. Oh, and if we really wanted to pile on Thor, what about him joining HYDRA-Cap during Secret Empire just because HYDRA-Cap used some cosmic cheat (unwittingly granted to him by his mother figure, the newest Madame HYDRA) to lift Mjolnir? At this point, almost no one in the MU has completely clean hands; my personal all-time favorite Marvel Universe hero made a literal Faustian bargain in betrayal of his core ethos just so he wouldn't have to face up to the consequences of his own actions.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I know it's an article focusing on a negative of Tony's, but my point is that what he was doing wasn't evil. It was a preemptive strike. Using his famous foresight to plan a head. That's what I took from the article.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I'm sick of these articles. They are all framed from the perspective that Iron Man is scum. I've stopped clicking on any article you post from here, because I refuse to give them any more clicks.

I know it's an article focusing on a negative of Tony's, but my point is that what he was doing wasn't evil. It was a preemptive strike. Using his famous foresight to plan a head. That's what I took from the article.
    The problem is that they aren't framing the article like that. It's always framed as a negative.

The problem is that they aren't framing the article like that. It's always framed as a negative.
    I see exactly where your coming from. What I wanted to talk about was not the article per say, but the actions Tony took that the article spoke of. I should have made myself clearer. My bad.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I see exactly where your coming from. What I wanted to talk about was not the article per say, but the actions Tony took that the article spoke of. I should have made myself clearer. My bad.
    Bro, you know we're good. We've been shellheads together for a long time.

The thing is, all of these articles are framed from the perspective that Iron Man is scum. So regardless of your intentions, reading them just feels like getting constantly hammered with anti-Iron Man propaganda in a thread for Iron Man fans.
    Last edited by MichaelC; 01-10-2022 at 10:18 PM.

I gotta get this variant. It’s amazing. Good choice.

Bro, you know we're good. We've been shellheads together for a long time.
    Same here brother.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I gotta get this variant. It’s amazing. Good choice.
    Indeed, it is. Still one of the best of the 21st-century armors so far.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I’ve always been of the opinion that the Tony/Steve dynamic isn’t emphasized enough in the Marvel Universe like Bruce and Clark over in the DC Universe. This book is definitely fleshing things out, and it’s been a pleasant surprise.
    I agree with you wholeheartedly. I’m really enjoying the book. I wouldn’t mind if they made it an ongoing. Just to emphasize the pairing. They play so well off of each other when written correctly.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The "Heroes Return" armor (a.k.a. Mk. XIII) was a favorite of mine:

Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!