Page 58 of 95 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast

Bye bye Cantwell. #25 is the last issue.
    https://www.cbr.com/sdcc-marvel-next-big-thing-panel/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Bye bye Cantwell. #25 is the last issue.
    https://www.cbr.com/sdcc-marvel-next-big-thing-panel/
    I know most runs aren't that long any more but it feels like Cantwell might've had more to say...but that might just be me assuming.

It certainly explains why Patsy turned down Tony's proposal. Leaves it free for the next writer to give him a different love interest if they want.

So who do we want writing the armoured Avenger next?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know most runs aren't that long any more but it feels like Cantwell might've had more to say...but that might just be me assuming.
    Yeah, his tweet was gave me the impression that he regretted it was ending. He does have the new Namor book but that's just going to be a 5 issue mini series. Most of the news coming out of SDCC was about the MCU and I haven't seen much news about the comics, like who will be the new Fantastic Four team. I've enjoyed every Marvel series he's been on so curious to see what else he will be doing.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Yeah, his tweet was gave me the impression that he regretted it was ending. He does have the new Namor book but that's just going to be a 5 issue mini series. Most of the news coming out of SDCC was about the MCU and I haven't seen much news about the comics, like who will be the new Fantastic Four team. I've enjoyed every Marvel series he's been on so curious to see what else he will be doing.
    If it helps, most of the comics-related news was surrounding the conclusion or wrap-up of A.X.E.: Judgment Day and what would come after that, starting with the Spider-Man/X-Men event "Dark Web." Christopher Cantwell will be participating in that with a new book called Gold Goblin, centered on Norman Osborn, who was "cleansed" of his sins by the Sin-Eater back in Nick Spencer's ASM and is now trying to atone for those past sins, even if the likelihood of that is very close to nil.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    it could be because Marvel is going to give a big push for Riri, I mean they've done it before

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    it could be because Marvel is going to give a big push for Riri, I mean they've done it before
    You might be right about that. Tony Stark as Iron Man just doesn't exist right now in the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Hopefully that doesn't screw over Tony/Iron Man.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hopefully that doesn't screw over Tony/Iron Man.
    oh you know it will

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Man modern comic runs are so short.

Wasn't there a time where a book could go on for years and years?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

Probably a lot of factors as to why that's the case now.

Noooooooooooooooo

I loved Cantwell on this book and choice of only 2 main artists.

Me too. It's hard to say if this is voluntary or Marvel is relaunching the title with a new team.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

Up until the Marvel bankruptcy of the 1990s, the mainstays like Fantastic Four, Captain America The Avengers, and Iron Man ran continuously until the fall of 1996. Then those runs came to an end and the Heroes Reborn period of one year took over. The main talent of Image comics like Jim Lee, Rob Liefeld, etc. came out with an alternate version of these titles.

Last issues of the orignal run:

Fantastic Four #416
    Avengers #402
    Iron Man #332 - Iron Man's solo series debuted in Tales of Suspense #39. Later the series is split in half with issue #58 with Captain America getting a solo series in the comic. With issue #100, Captain America takes over the numbering and a new Iron Man solo comic is launched
    Captain America #454 - Cap's title was merged from the old Tales of Suspense title also. He made his debut there guest starring in #58. At this point it became a shared title with Iron Man and Captain America until #100 when it becomes a Captain America solo comic
    Thor #502 (Thor's title was merged from the original title Journey Into Mystery)

For some reason, it took a bit longer for Thor to be relaunched after the Heroes Reborn and Heroes Return series finished up. The relaunched titles are knows as Volume 2. Of course some titles have been cancelled and relaunched again, like Fantastic Four due to the dispute between Fox and Marvel. Fantastic Four keeps the legacy number of the issue under the current volume number. But they screwed that up and got the legacy number wrong a couple of times recently. There was an apology given by Tom Brevoort on one of the recent letters page.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-26-2022 at 01:42 PM.

Cantwell to Fantastic Four?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

It's a long shot and I don't think it will happen. The teaser image from SDCC doesn't seem to point to it.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-25-2022 at 08:49 PM.