Page 6 of 95 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The "Heroes Return" armor (a.k.a. Mk. XIII) was a favorite of mine:

Me too!!! (XD)

Yeah. I really dug this armor and the way Chen drew it. The whole run with him and Busiek was just all kinds of fun.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I like this one too. The faceplate is an old throwback.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Yeah. I really dug this armor and the way Chen drew it. The whole run with him and Busiek was just all kinds of fun.
    It really was.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Must say this is an underated armor.
    To be honest, I even forgot about it but it does look pretty good.
    (Art also makes it look *chef's kiss*).

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    I just remember how Riri appropriated it for her first comic run.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    This is my second favorite armor of all time. It can go from Hulkbuster to Stealth in no time flat. Also you’re right, Epting makes it look glorious here. On another note I just got the variant which that pic comes from. I am psyched to add it to my collection.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 01-12-2022 at 07:14 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Don't know if I've posted this, so forgive me if I'm repeating myself, so, here's my favorite Iron Man stories (in no particular order):

1- Demon in a Bottle
    2- The Original Armor Wars (just read it the other day)
    3- Extremis
    4- The Five Nightmares
    5- World's Most Wanted
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Just got finish reading Devil’s Reign #2 and I have to say that I don’t like the way the other heroes took Tony’s idea away from him. Maybe I’m biased, but it felt disrespectful. Anyone else read it and how do you feel about it?

Just got finish reading Devil’s Reign #2 and I have to say that I don’t like the way the other heroes took Tony’s idea away from him. Maybe I’m biased, but it felt disrespectful. Anyone else read it and how do you feel about it?
    Haven't read it, but Stark being disrespected in other books doesn't surprise me. If anything, I am very surprised by the rare occasions when he is treated respectfully in other books.

What happened this time? I have no idea what "other heroes took Tony's idea away from him" means.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Haven't read it, but Stark being disrespected in other books doesn't surprise me. If anything, I am very surprised by the rare occasions when he is treated respectfully in other books.

What happened this time? I have no idea what "other heroes took Tony's idea away from him" means.
    Tony had come up with the idea to run for Mayor, but Cap, Luke, Jessica, Matt and Miles said it should be Luke that runs for Mayor over Tony. They said Luke is more inspirational(which is ok) than Tony and it would be just another rich guy going against Fisk.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 01-13-2022 at 05:01 PM.

Eh, that's not something I mind. Having a mad scientist like Stark run for mayor was always really strange, and not something I was interested in.

Although a much better pick would have been Captain America. Captain America running for mayor would have been a guaranteed easy win.

Cage was a mercenary for years. I can see him being a better choice than Stark, whose history of crazy experiments like genetically engineering an entire city, could easily be weaponized against him by Fisk. But still, Cage is a hard-sell, and you don't want hard sells in an emergency like this. Having Captain America run would have been a much safer, smarter play.

Did they give a reason not to have Captain America run?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Eh, that's not something I mind. Having a mad scientist like Stark run for mayor was always really strange, and not something I was interested in.

Although a much better pick would have been Captain America. Captain America running for mayor would have been a guaranteed easy win.

Cage was a mercenary for years. I can see him being a better choice than Stark, whose history of crazy experiments like genetically engineering an entire city, could easily be weaponized against him by Fisk. But still, Cage is a hard-sell, and you don't want hard sells in an emergency like this. Having Captain America run would have been a much safer, smarter play.

Did they give a reason not to have Captain America run?
    Great post Lot of good points. They don’t give an in story reason why Cap doesn’t run. Like you said though, that would be an excellent choice.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I thought it was a fair argument, I mean he's often still written like a jerk in other stuff so I don't think it'd be a good idea from an in-universe POV. It seemed like Tony just wanted to win and solve the Kingpin problem ASAP instead of actually thinking of how he'd do as a mayor.

I was kind of surprised he took it so personally, I feel like he's going to run for mayor and screw up the plan for the other heroes.