Page 60 of 95 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Also—Unzueta’s take on Tony’s stealth armor is gorgeous.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Just finished Wednesdays issue, and I gotta say that this arc has been a marked improvement over the last. I love Korvac, but it just took a little too long. Also, the cosmic armor thing…just didn’t work for me. Still anxious on who will be taking over this book.
    Also—Unzueta’s take on Tony’s stealth armor is gorgeous.
    Thanks for the recommendation. I'll be looking forward to reading it tomorrow.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

"We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I’ve got a feeling Jed MacKay will be taking over Iron Man, to which I say yes, please.
    His Moon Knight run has been fantastic. I hope if Jed does get IM that MK will not suffer or he'll be off the title.

When is Cantwell's last IM issue?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    His Moon Knight run has been fantastic. I hope if Jed does get IM that MK will not suffer or he'll be off the title.

When is Cantwell's last IM issue?
    Issue #25.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

An Iron Man by Cantwell Omnibus sounds about right then at 25 issues. The Collections Dept did one for Slott at only 18 issues so lets get on that then.

18? Won't that have been 24 due to the Iron Man 2020 mini that concluded the run?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

An Iron Man by Cantwell Omnibus sounds about right then at 25 issues. The Collections Dept did one for Slott at only 18 issues so lets get on that then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    18? Won't that have been 24 due to the Iron Man 2020 mini that concluded the run?
    Altogether, 25 issues, I think. Tony Stark: Iron Man ended at issue 19, and then Iron Man 2020 in 2020 concluded the run . . . so that would be 25 issues in all.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Oops, forgot about that IM2020. Well it works even better, same issue count for there to be a Cantwell Iron Man Omnibus in the solicits for 4Q 2023.
    The Collections Dept has really dropped the ball on IM Omnis vs other A-list characters.

Astonishing Member

Oops, forgot about that IM2020. Well it works even better, same issue count for there to be a Cantwell Iron Man Omnibus in the solicits for 4Q 2023.
    The Collections Dept has really dropped the ball on IM Omnis vs other A-list characters.
    I'm surprised Matt Fraction run hasn't been collected in Omnibus form, I think 2 volumes would be sufficient, you think so?

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    I'm surprised Matt Fraction run hasn't been collected in Omnibus form, I think 2 volumes would be sufficient, you think so?
    I'm kind of shocked.

Just finished Wednesdays issue, and I gotta say that this arc has been a marked improvement over the last. I love Korvac, but it just took a little too long. Also, the cosmic armor thing…just didn’t work for me. Still anxious on who will be taking over this book.
    Wait, you read it, on Tuesday?

Will there be a new writer at all, or did that issue just set up spoilers:
    Tony getting killed off like Mar-Vell?
    end of spoilers
    https://www.cbr.com/iron-man-tony-st...soning-marvel/
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wait, you read it, on Tuesday?

Will there be a new writer at all, or did that issue just set up spoilers:
    Tony getting killed off like Mar-Vell?
    end of spoilers
    https://www.cbr.com/iron-man-tony-st...soning-marvel/
    I review the book for comic-watch. There will be a new writer, once Cantwell finishes his run with issue 25/650.

As far as the spoiler question, nothing really concrete, but I can see it going that way.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Yeah... spoilers:
    It's true that it doesn't have to be Tony wearing the helmet, Bendis's run did have Doctor Doom as Iron Man, with Ironheart starring in a book that also had Iron Man as the title instead of her own name. So Tony dying doesn't equal book cancelled. Maybe they'll have Jim Rhodes wear the red and gold armour? It wouldn't be his first time.
    end of spoilers

What I absolutely adored about Cantwell‘s run is that he dug deep into Iron Man history and brought forward a whole cast of friends and villains, instead of creating another completely new cast that vanishes after the series‘ end. The only new character I know of is Halcyon, who isn’t behaving like a mutant god.

Cantwell managed to make characters like Gargoyle and Frog-Man interesting to me, although I never cared for them before.

The „back to basic“ approach was a necessary step in my opinion. I mean, whenever there was an endgame level fight, Tony always made the same moves: „Oh no, you destroyed my Endgame armor. Now you will face my Infinity Multiverse Celestial Armor“. „And just in case someone is able to destroy my Infinity Multiverse Celestial Armor, I have worked on my Final Exodus Apocalypse Ouroboros Killer Armor all my life“