Page 70 of 95 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1422

Does Tony sponsor STEM enrichment classes for kids?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    He probably does.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    Busiek's The Marvels was an excellent run. Great writing, great art. I loved this hodgepodge of vastly different characters (humans, mutants, Avengers, X-Men, FF, etc).
    I loved The Marvels. I was getting it and was sad to see it finish at #12. If you want to check out another great artist drawing Tony. Check out Perez's art on the Iron Cat mini series out now. It's amazing.
    Glad to know it was a success. Hopefully, it gets some type of continuation soon...

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Now that I think about it, the whole thing about Duggan's run being a "Born Again" is kinda misguided.

Because like say the Daredevil Born Again story was the grand finale to Frank Millar's DD run. He didn't start his run with Born Again, the thing was built up.

Meanwhile its gonna be the opposite here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He probably does.
    Yeah. I could totally see Tony sponsoring STEM for kids.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Who do you guys hope will voice Iron Man in the new game? I’m hoping it’ll be his EMH voice actor.
    The majority might not agree, but I wouldn't mind bringing back Matt Mercer (XD)

Last edited by K7P5V; 09-24-2022 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    The majority might not agree, but I wouldn't mind bringing back Matt Mercer (XD)

Matt Mercer wasn't bad, and if I recall right, he also voiced Iron Man in Avengers Confidential: Black Widow & the Punisher and Marvel Disk Wars: The Avengers. Fun times.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Now that I think about it, the whole thing about Duggan's run being a "Born Again" is kinda misguided.

Because like say the Daredevil Born Again story was the grand finale to Frank Millar's DD run. He didn't start his run with Born Again, the thing was built up.

Meanwhile its gonna be the opposite here.
    Tony already had his Born Again in Denny O’Neals run. Tony lost everything and even ended up homeless out on the streets. So it’s been done already. The couple of things I’m interested in the next run iare the art and how Tony’s going to be writing his autobiography.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Yeah. I could totally see Tony sponsoring STEM for kids.
    If not before, then certainly as of Slott's run, because he was dating Janet Van Dyne in that run, and I definitely see her supporting STEM because of her adopted daughter Nadia. I can imagine Janet putting pressure on him, pointing out that maybe he should be supporting other kids like Riri.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Tony already had his Born Again in Denny O’Neals run. Tony lost everything and even ended up homeless out on the streets. So it’s been done already. The couple of things I’m interested in the next run iare the art and how Tony’s going to be writing his autobiography.
    Or when he hit rock bottom with his alcoholism.

"I've lost nothing"-Daredevil to Karen Page

I wouldn't say Tony has ever had his "Born Again" story because he's never had a moment where him keeping his friends alive meant he had lost nothing even when he's lost all of his property.

Instead, as soon as he got off the sauce, he promptly invented some gizmos to sell and became rich again. His story is ultimately much, much too cold to be compared to "Born Again". He lost nothing but money, and regained nothing but money. I suppose you could say he regained his friendships, but those friends were never in danger. They just moved on with their lives.

MOVIE Stark had a "Born Again" story, in that his perfecting of time-travel lead to the restoration of Spider-Man and billions of others. MOVIE Stark lost loved ones and then saved loved ones and could therefore be content to sacrifice his life. COMICBOOK Stark just lost money and then made some more money to replace it.

Yeah, comicbook Stark still needs a "Born Again" story, one that isn't about him losing and replacing inanimate objects.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post

"I've lost nothing"-Daredevil to Karen Page

I wouldn't say Tony has ever had his "Born Again" story because he's never had a moment where him keeping his friends alive meant he had lost nothing even when he's lost all of his property.

Instead, as soon as he got off the sauce, he promptly invented some gizmos to sell and became rich again. His story is ultimately much, much too cold to be compared to "Born Again". He lost nothing but money, and regained nothing but money. I suppose you could say he regained his friendships, but those friends were never in danger. They just moved on with their lives.

MOVIE Stark had a "Born Again" story, in that his perfecting of time-travel lead to the restoration of Spider-Man and billions of others. MOVIE Stark lost loved ones and then saved loved ones and could therefore be content to sacrifice his life. COMICBOOK Stark just lost money and then made some more money to replace it.

Yeah, comicbook Stark still needs a "Born Again" story, one that isn't about him losing and replacing inanimate objects.
    He’s friends turned their backs on him when he became homeless and he lost that homeless woman that was pregnant and he ended up saving her baby. Tony lost more than money. He lost his sense of self just like Murdock did in Born Again. It’s not exactly the same, but it has similarities.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 09-25-2022 at 09:58 PM.

Amazing Member

Interesting selection of what could be on Rhodey's War Machine's mixtape ('96 Animated Series version).

One of my best friends ordered this figure for me for my birthday. When it come in I will show pics of it, but here's a look.
    https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...Details/158120