Page 83 of 95 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1422

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah. Patsy has definitely friendzoned Tony.
    Only dated for, like...I dunno, feels like a week .

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Yeah. Patsy has definitely friendzoned Tony.
    A terrible partner to the end

Patsy always behaved like a Karen wanting to see Stark's manager. I never bought that they were in love. I never in bought that they were in like. I was stunned every time they did something relationshipy, like hopping into bed, or considering marriage, because it was so utterly at odds with how Patsy treated Stark generally. It was like if the Mandarin or Namor suddenly paused mid-battle to propose marriage to Stark. That kind of WUUUUUUHHH?????

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Only dated for, like...I dunno, feels like a week .
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    A terrible partner to the end
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Patsy always behaved like a Karen wanting to see Stark's manager. I never bought that they were in love. I never in bought that they were in like. I was stunned every time they did something relationshipy, like hopping into bed, or considering marriage, because it was so utterly at odds with how Patsy treated Stark generally. It was like if the Mandarin or Namor suddenly paused mid-battle to propose marriage to Stark. That kind of WUUUUUUHHH?????
    100% agreed. I wasn't really fond of Patsy/Tony as a serious relationship... For me, they were like friends with benefits. Then, it ended in the final issue.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    100% agreed. I wasn't really fond of Patsy/Tony as a serious relationship... For me, they were like friends with benefits. Then, it ended in the final issue.
    I didn't even see that. When did they become friends? She seemed to have nothing but utter contempt for him. She was a Karen demanding to see Stark's manager, and then suddenly they were banging and then considering marriage? WTF?

I mean, I can see why they would at least come together in as far as colleagues and the time they spent teaming-up for Avengers stuff...but then she's his social conscience (and lecturing him about stuff he doesn't need lecturing on), then she's in bed with him, then they're acting sentimental like lovers, and then he suddenly proposes marriage...and then nothing.

By comparison, even though I'm not a big fan of it, TonyxJanet was handled a lot better.

BANNED
    http://www.fantomas-lives.com/fanto47.htm

I didn't even see that. When did they become friends? She seemed to have nothing but utter contempt for him. She was a Karen demanding to see Stark's manager, and then suddenly they were banging and then considering marriage? WTF?
    I think the take there was like that scene in the first Iron Man movie with reporter trashing on Tony only to wind up in bed with him a scene or two later.

Quote Originally Posted by 4theEarth View Post
    I think the take there was like that scene in the first Iron Man movie with reporter trashing on Tony only to wind up in bed with him a scene or two later.
    That scene only worked because it was set before Stark's redemption arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Just read issue #25 as well. That was good. There's always been this quiet within Cantwell's Iron Man run. Even in the midst of Tony taking on Korvac, the story felt intimate. And that's how it felt here as well. No big robot battles, no fights with Ultron or Thanos, just Tony trying his best, it not working out, and Tony still moving forward. That was a good way to end the run.
    I feel similar to you about issue #25. I thought it was a beautiful cap to Cantwell’s run. The main story was both sad and hopeful. That story showed what a true hero Tony is. In the jaws of defeat he never gave up on that guy. Just a well done ending. Daddy’s boys was a fun story that showed how much Tony cares about Thor. That he would go through all of that just to check on him. Busieks story was a glorious throwback story. Took me back to older Iron Man stories. The evolution of Iron Man. The one page story didn’t do anything new for me. I’ll get it for Tony and the art.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 11-23-2022 at 06:43 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Well, the one-pager wasn't really a story, it was just a preview page.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, I can see why they would at least come together in as far as colleagues and the time they spent teaming-up for Avengers stuff...but then she's his social conscience (and lecturing him about stuff he doesn't need lecturing on), then she's in bed with him, then they're acting sentimental like lovers, and then he suddenly proposes marriage...and then nothing.

By comparison, even though I'm not a big fan of it, TonyxJanet was handled a lot better.
    The fact she acted as his social conscience kinda highlights how toxic the relationship is. Patsy for the most part was in a constant state of "check your privilege" to Tony. Anytime Tony would ever vent or complain about anything no matter how valid or minor, Patsy would always go "your rich you don't get to complain about anything" and just constantly shame him for it.

Your lover can't be your life coach, there's a power misbalance there since Tony is beholden to whatever Patsy wants.

That scene only worked because it was set before Stark's redemption arc.
    Plus I think was also to indicate the reporter was full of shit. So whats Patsy for continually engaging in a relationship with a main she keeps disparaging?

Well, the one-pager wasn't really a story, it was just a preview page.
    Well the preview’s writing still hasn’t grabbed me yet. Although I love the art.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 11-27-2022 at 10:23 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

When does the next issue come out?

When does the next issue come out?
    December 13th is when the new series start.

ABF3F866-EBD1-4DCB-95B9-46B531392EF5.jpg Some nice Iron Man art I found.