Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    At last i read Amora's story from Thor 25, It was better than i thought, i really like It and clearly was the only worthy thing from this issue , Hope It has more follow Up , and i truly need more Amora's stories, Marvel don't sideline her anymore and make more Focus on her, at least this Will be a balance for the fact of not being in the MCU. Sure there are a lot of good writers and artists Who wants to do some.
    I think it's a good thing she isn't in MCU considering how they treat Thor's mythos.

At least she won't get a bad adaption.

I can't understand if not were with this two little stories, why a Thor book was more of a Hulk one than Thor,, It was an insult to real Thor fans.
    Hulk is the main guy in this event so that's probably why.

It's his story and Thor is just there to serve as a hype tool I guess.

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    I think it's a good thing she isn't in MCU considering how they treat Thor's mythos.

At least she won't get a bad adaption.

Hulk is the main guy in this event so that's probably why.

It's his story and Thor is just there to serve as a hype tool I guess.
    Maybe it's a good thing because of it but also a bad one because of all Thor characters, she, alongside Balder and Karnilla and also Beta Ray Bill are important characters that need a recognization too (don't forget Lorelei too after a lot of years since Agents of SHIELD first season).

Sadly it's true but it's weird because the writer is doing both books and looks like he has more sympathies for Hulk than Thor.

Maybe it's a good thing because of it but also a bad one because of all Thor characters, she, alongside Balder and Karnilla and also Beta Ray Bill are important characters that need a recognization too (don't forget Lorelei too after a lot of years since Agents of SHIELD first season).

Sadly it's true but it's weird because the writer is doing both books and looks like he has more sympathies for Hulk than Thor.
    yeah, that's true.

CAPTAIN MARVEL #41

KELLY THOMPSON (W)
    ÁLVARO LÓPEZ (A)
    Cover by JUAN FRIGERI
    BEYOND AMAZING SPIDER-MAN
    VARIANT COVER BY DAVE JOHNSON
    HELL HATH NO FURY LIKE A
    WITCH SCORNED!
    While Captain Marvel has managed to break free from her magical prison, she hasn't broken free of Enchantress's rage and thus finds an even worse problem waiting for her in New York. It's a problem all too familiar, but with a deadly secret at its heart — one that could destroy Carol if she makes the wrong move. And what about Lauri-Ell vs. Binary? We haven't forgotten about that!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

For months I forgot about it, I thought Kelly Thompson already forget Amora on Carol's story and dropped it, but it seems that is still in her mind, hope she don't forget last appearances after the Ove thing, also I doubt Amora cares enough to fight again Carol, she don't have the motivation on it.

Amazing Member

Oh, she most certainly has not forgotten Carol and actually has good reason to go after her. I wonder how do Jane Thor and this story sit chronologically.

A new pic

A new pic

Looks good. Sometimes I miss Skurge. I liked his dynamic with Amora.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Looks good. Sometimes I miss Skurge. I liked his dynamic with Amora.
    Possibly but in the same way that the first Robin (Dick Grayson) stopped being Batman's partner to be someone different and follow a new path as Nightwing, in the case of Amora and Skurge it is something similar and Walt Simonson in his Thor's run made it clear and that is why the death of the Executioner during his run is remembered after so many years, Amora followed a different path when she started a relationship with Heimdall and that would have had to lead her to different things but Marvel has not stopped using her as a villain except on some occasions and even today they do not seem to know exactly what to do when it is evident.

And if that dynamic were to return, it would have to be different, as well as not forgetting Amora's family (Lorelei, Iric, Alvi, the boys' mysterious father...) and young Sylvie Lushton.

If Amora the Enchantress deserves redemption, possibly her younger sister Lorelei as well.

Amora has a complex past that hopefully one day, Marvel will deign to explain, there are so many elements that it is strange that nobody does anything with them, for me, the Thor #25 little backstory is appreciated even if it does not explain anything about Amora's past and focuses on a moment concrete from the De Falco and Frenz in the Thor book.

Currently Lorelei is a warrior and is in a relationship with Sigurd who seems to be a good influence on her, Lorelei has had many different facets, Seductress, Sorceress, Ice Queen (as she was known the only time she used that alias in the 2001 Defenders series), thief and now warrior.

Nor forget that she died on one occasion that was in The Mighty Thor 402 by De Falco and Frenz and remained in Hel for a time trapped by Hela, then another time that it was not sure that it was her, supposedly resurrected by Seth in Journey Into Mystery by late 90s during Heroes Reborn and that it was her older sister Amora who put an end to her.

After she disappeared after fighting Pluto in the same series that I explained about the Defenders of 2001, Busiek already said on some occasions that if Lorelei came back to life it was because of what was explained in the Avengers series that he started at that time and that could explain why Lorelei was seen in that Defenders series, what later happened to her is different and a story to explain one day since she did not appear during the Ragnarok of the Oeming run in the middle of Avengers Disassembled.

Then Ewing's quick explanation that she spent all that time on Earth, alone and stealing to survive and to maintain a particular way of life and all that despite the fact that her power was as great as her sister's and she could have done other kinds of things, which means her mentality is complex and her personality more so, since her own sister considers her little less than a child and too selfish to reason normally.

The issue of redemption is complicated, since the simple fact that Ewing did what he did in his run of Loki: Agent of Asgard was not enough and it is not known how far he wanted to go with it, surely he would have wanted to explain it better but it couldn't as the series ended with the start of Hickman's Secret Wars.

There are people who surely have a hard time accepting a character like her, it is possible that Simonson's intention, unlike Beta Ray Bill, was not exactly to make her a nice character and that those who have read his run of Thor, think that Lorelei implicitly, raped Thor or something similar with her magic and potions.

But after her death, there should have been some kind of rebirth for her, and the fact that she is now what she is and not what she was in the beginning should serve to develop her more and better, as well as her relationship with her family (and that includes them all as I have commented on other times) or the fact that what happened to her, after she died during DeFalco's run) and her relationship with that fact since it seems that it gave her the ability to be invisible to Heimdall's eyes.

The warrior facet should serve to improve her (make her different of people like Sif, Valkyrie and Angela), see her use a combination of both (sword and sorcery) for her attacks and abilities against any enemy, also her relationship with Sigurd or see her talking to Thor face to face and ask for forgiveness for the damage she caused him at the time (same with Sif), it would serve to make her mature and make her sister Amora feel proud of her sister for being a better person.
    Last edited by Charlie_1981; 06-01-2022 at 06:15 PM.

Today Amora Cameo or not Is Amora

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Today Amora Cameo or not Is Amora

Who knows, It's been several months since I lost myself with the Captain Marvel series and I don't know what to think after the last time The Enchantress was there, i'm just waiting for other different things. One of them see how the Enchantress is treated with respect not like a joke or a punching bag for weaker characters for the sake of it.

It amuses me that Amora is an Asgardian but sooo many writers forget that means she has the innate ability to punch a hole in a brick wall.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    It amuses me that Amora is an Asgardian but sooo many writers forget that means she has the innate ability to punch a hole in a brick wall.
    I would dare to say that even in a metal one or bursting the armor of people like Doctor Doom or Iron Man with a single thought, but she has never liked to get her hands dirty, that does not mean that she cannot do it. Amora is a goddess and in terms of physical strength she could be almost at the level of She-Hulk, Titania or Thundra.

Amora cameo or not cameo in Teaser Trailer comic marvel

https://twitter.com/captainmarvel/st...62196802953217