Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Latest Captain Marvel was fine, about what I expected and lot better than I feared. Anyways, I hope Shadowcat is right about in the end it will not be antagonist relationship. Already before this arc I hoped that Amora would have non-villain relationship with some other hero beside Thor and while so far this has not happen, It might still happen.

At very least I hope this will make Amora cautious around Ove and not reveal existance of her other children to him. I think Ove might go after them if he considers them distraction or competition to him over Amora.

rading #41... Carol still hasn't considered trying to figure out WHY Ove did the thing apparently...

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atren View Post
    Latest Captain Marvel was fine, about what I expected and lot better than I feared. Anyways, I hope Shadowcat is right about in the end it will not be antagonist relationship. Already before this arc I hoped that Amora would have non-villain relationship with some other hero beside Thor and while so far this has not happen, It might still happen.

At very least I hope this will make Amora cautious around Ove and not reveal existance of her other children to him. I think Ove might go after them if he considers them distraction or competition to him over Amora.
    It's what I expect but I don't know, really the issue has been good, but I have mixed feelings about several things, at least Kelly Thompson shows that she tries to do something different from other writers, but this also shows that the writers of Thor doesn't seem to have any interest in doing anything with Amora the Enchantress and it's really sad to have to see her and see character development in comics other than the one in which she was born.

About her children and Ove, if Ove did anything towards Alvi and Iric, Amora will not take it well and Ove will have signed a death warrant over his head.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    It's what I expect but I don't know, really the issue has been good, but I have mixed feelings about several things, at least Kelly Thompson shows that she tries to do something different from other writers, but this also shows that the writers of Thor doesn't seem to have any interest in doing anything with Amora the Enchantress and it's really sad to have to see her and see character development in comics other than the one in which she was born.

About her children and Ove, if Ove did anything towards Alvi and Iric, Amora will not take it well and Ove will have signed a death warrant over his head.
    Actually there is little Amora can do herself to Ove as he is now immune to her magic. She might swallow her pride to actually ask Captain Marvel to do it as she already knows about Ove and/or Dr. Strange (is he still goner?) as he knows about the kids.

I guess her best bets would be entrapment and summoning (or transform someone) as those might still work depending on specific spell.
    Last edited by Atren; 09-15-2022 at 10:01 PM.

Actually there is little Amora can do herself to Ove as he is now immune to her magic. She might swallow her pride to actually ask Captain Marvel to do it as she already knows about Ove and/or Dr. Strange (is he still goner?) as he knows about the kids.

I guess her best bets would be entrapment and summoning (or transform someone) as those might still work depending on specific spell.
    Amora has more resources than that, but yes, if things get out of control, she will most likely ask Captain Marvel for help and it would be full circle, but Amora herself can eliminate that threat by herself or even ask a third person (her sister Lorelei, Loki or even Thor) to do so if she is emotionally not up to the task.

A new pic

And a new disappointment regarding Jane Foster and the Mighty Thor limited series because I have no idea where this story goes, but once again, Amora only appears on one page and nothing else in the rest of the comic.

Amazing Member

A new pic

And a new disappointment regarding Jane Foster and the Mighty Thor limited series because I have no idea where this story goes, but once again, Amora only appears on one page and nothing else in the rest of the comic.
    To be honest that entire story including her I would not mind if she did not show up in last issue at all. I am rather fearful what will happen in last issue, but who knows maybe it will surprise me.

To be honest that entire story including her I would not mind if she did not show up in last issue at all. I am rather fearful what will happen in last issue, but who knows maybe it will surprise me.
    I hope so but it's hard to believe on it.

Just read the last issue of the Jane Foster and Mighty Thor miniseries today and I was honestly hoping for something better, I honestly don't understand what Amora's role has been in the story unless there is some kind of continuity after this miniseries or if she's going to appear soon in Thor, I just feel frustrated because I don't know what this is and because it seemed disappointing to me and if what happened here ends up being ignored it will be worse, because I feel the same since the thing with Amora's children happens the same since it happens from her saving their lives to wanting to destroy Asgard later is to fail in continuity if nothing is explained.

After almost 4 days, I expected someone to say something, but I see that there is nothing to discuss.

More or less the usual that always happen in this thread.

I can't find the enthusiasm in me to discuss the issue since by the looks of it it is the bog standard scheming Amora that we get in Jane Foster's book. However I'm more looking forward to seeing Amora in Captain Marvel
    because of Shadowcat's words.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    I can't find the enthusiasm in me to discuss the issue since by the looks of it it is the bog standard scheming Amora that we get in Jane Foster's book. However I'm more looking forward to seeing Amora in Captain Marvel
    because of Shadowcat's words.
    I'm not that I had a great enthusiasm either but I was wondering what was the meaning of all this miniseries and how much it would have to do with the Thor book, because I'm not sure that Cates has many intentions or plans regarding the Enchantress there.

I think there are ways to do things better, because what I've seen, even if I had a good drawing, is practically completely irrelevant for the most part.

I'm not that I had a great enthusiasm either but I was wondering what was the meaning of all this miniseries and how much it would have to do with the Thor book, because I'm not sure that Cates has many intentions or plans regarding the Enchantress there.

I think there are ways to do things better, because what I've seen, even if I had a good drawing, is practically completely irrelevant for the most part.
    I don't know but isn't an upcoming issue of Thor written by the writer of Jane Foster? There may be a connection there. I feel like Cates will stop writing Thor soon, just a hunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    I don't know but isn't an upcoming issue of Thor written by the writer of Jane Foster? There may be a connection there. I feel like Cates will stop writing Thor soon, just a hunch.
    Yeah, but at this point I have no idea what's going on, I just expect for something better.

Yeah, but at this point I have no idea what's going on, I just expect for something better.
    Yeah, preferably something that touches on Amora's relationship with his kids in Strange Academy. Also I'm not completely against seeing Ove again if it leads to meaningful development for Amora.
    Last edited by Doom'nGloom; 10-08-2022 at 07:25 AM.