Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Strange Academy seems like a fluke at this point. Marvel only uses Amora once or twice a year and most likely as a villain at that.
    it's really sad and meanwhile they can't stop losing time with things no one ever asked for or limited series about characters that don't really have any interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    it's really sad and meanwhile they can't stop losing time with things no one ever asked for or limited series about characters that don't really have any interest.
    So true. Now we're getting a series on how Phoenix was Thor's mom all along. sigh

So true. Now we're getting a series on how Phoenix was Thor's mom all along. sigh
    A series that don't have any sense, why the retcon on it, everyone knows Gaea is his mother? Aaron is not even the Thor writer and he can't stop ruining it or make the current writer like has no voice.

But I care for Amora, it's really necessary a book about her, at least the day they are able to explain her story, they can't retcon anything just explaining what happened with both sisters, their relationship and differences, the day Amora meets Skurge for 1st time, her relationship with Loki or her first crush on Thor and even in what moment Amora has her children Iric and Alvi and of course, her first days with the magic or how she gets her power and how she takes little steps to be known as the Enchantress.
    Last edited by Charlie_1981; 04-09-2022 at 11:50 AM.

What do you think is worse, that throughout the year there is no appearance of Amora the Enchantress in any comic or that there are appearances but they are always the same, without any kind of story or improvement or evolution which makes people ignore her or it didn't even value her just as a character?

I still don't understand why Marvel keeps doing the same thing with her for decades, she seems like the only character out of all of Marvel's that never evolves and gets stuck and when apparently it comes to doing something, she doesn't even have continuity and goes back to the same thing.

And on top of that, now when there was supposed to be a story in next week's Thor special, it's been deleted like nothing, there's not even an explanation why.

And if that story really ended up existing, why do I have the feeling that it would end up being a reprint of a past story, because what I remember as a story made by De Falco and Frenz regarding the Enchantress was Thor 383.

What do you think is worse, that throughout the year there is no appearance of Amora the Enchantress in any comic or that there are appearances but they are always the same, without any kind of story or improvement or evolution which makes people ignore her or it didn't even value her just as a character?

I still don't understand why Marvel keeps doing the same thing with her for decades, she seems like the only character out of all of Marvel's that never evolves and gets stuck and when apparently it comes to doing something, she doesn't even have continuity and goes back to the same thing.

And on top of that, now when there was supposed to be a story in next week's Thor special, it's been deleted like nothing, there's not even an explanation why.

And if that story really ended up existing, why do I have the feeling that it would end up being a reprint of a past story, because what I remember as a story made by De Falco and Frenz regarding the Enchantress was Thor 383.
    I think it's better to have no appearances than being mischaracterized but at the end of the day it's a choice between two terrible options. Amora has bad luck in comics. I wish it was different at least in other media. Thor will have his fourth movie with no Amora in sight. Though considering they are cramming both Gorr and Jane into the same movie if she was in it she would either have very short screen time or worse be killed by Gorr.

Is that about the first Secret Wars? That's the only story that comes to my mind.

I think it's better to have no appearances than being mischaracterized but at the end of the day it's a choice between two terrible options. Amora has bad luck in comics. I wish it was different at least in other media. Thor will have his fourth movie with no Amora in sight. Though considering they are cramming both Gorr and Jane into the same movie if she was in it she would either have very short screen time or worse be killed by Gorr.

Is that about the first Secret Wars? That's the only story that comes to my mind.
    Yes, but the worst thing about not having appearances is that people gradually forget about her, think of the examples of Lorelei and Sylvie Lushton, for almost 6 years that neither of them has been seen in any comic.

It is true that it is a terrible decision between two equally bad options, and I wish I was more optimistic and think more positively but they never make it easy, if only someone from Marvel said something, but they never say anything.

The thing about the movie is that I don't want to see it directly, none of the three previous movies I liked and the trailer for this fourth part hasn't even caught my attention and it can't be that a movie called Love and Thunder doesn't even have not a single mention of the Enchantress as I already commented in the Thor appreciation thread.

And yes, it's the Secret Wars story, the one where Amora tries to explain her experience there to her sister.

Yes, but the worst thing about not having appearances is that people gradually forget about her, think of the examples of Lorelei and Sylvie Lushton, for almost 6 years that neither of them has been seen in any comic.

It is true that it is a terrible decision between two equally bad options, and I wish I was more optimistic and think more positively but they never make it easy, if only someone from Marvel said something, but they never say anything.

The thing about the movie is that I don't want to see it directly, none of the three previous movies I liked and the trailer for this fourth part hasn't even caught my attention and it can't be that a movie called Love and Thunder doesn't even have not a single mention of the Enchantress as I already commented in the Thor appreciation thread.

And yes, it's the Secret Wars story, the one where Amora tries to explain her experience there to her sister.
    If she were to appear in a book which would be the best place for her? I don't want her in Thor since I have no faith in Cates' edgy writing style. Strange by MacKay would be a good fit. I'd love Amora to interact with other magic users. Until now MacKay has written a pretty solid Felicia and Clea so I think he is a good fit for Amora. He can even write an Amora solo or mini since Clea herself is a pretty obscure character.

If she were to appear in a book which would be the best place for her? I don't want her in Thor since I have no faith in Cates' edgy writing style. Strange by MacKay would be a good fit. I'd love Amora to interact with other magic users. Until now MacKay has written a pretty solid Felicia and Clea so I think he is a good fit for Amora. He can even write an Amora solo or mini since Clea herself is a pretty obscure character.
    I don't know that, currently it doesn't seem that Kelly Thompson has many intentions to continue using her in her run in Captain Marvel, for many issues all that seems to have been forgotten and that of Strange Academy, the book has little left to finish and It is not known what will become of Amora's boys if they don't even appear in Thor's book.

Really, Cates has thrown me far from the beginning, he is the first Thor writer who doesn't exactly keep me reading month after month and his Venom run is extremely overrated.

What I want is respect and justice for this great character and especially that she is not forgotten in a bad way, it does not seem that your option is bad, it would really be something that would be good and I would like it too.

Could someone who already has Thor 24 today (or has started reading it), confirm whether or not the Enchantress story really is in there or has it definitely been discarded?

Because when it was first announced, it was supposed to be there and suddenly in the last few weeks it has disappeared from what was announced, I already mentioned it before but since it is published today, I just want someone to confirm it for me completely.

I couldn't resist myself and read it. Unfortunetely it's not there. There is not much else to say.

I couldn't resist myself and read it. Unfortunetely it's not there. There is not much else to say.
    So sad to Heard about It. I can't take this disrespect of Marvel towards her anymore, i can't understand why they did It.

It's weird but not a surprise after all they does It since a few decades ago with some little light sometimes from time to time but after this little thing they return to the usual same crap of always.

Apparently the story of DeFalco and Frenz with the Enchantress seems to have moved on to the next issue, honestly I have a hard time understanding why such a bad story of Jason Aaron in Thor 24 has gone ahead and the story of DeFalco and Frenz we will not see it until next issue and also within an absurd story seen thousands of times like Thor vs Hulk for the millionth time that will make a story centered on the Enchantress go unnoticed and barely mentioned.

Apparently the story of DeFalco and Frenz with the Enchantress seems to have moved on to the next issue, honestly I have a hard time understanding why such a bad story of Jason Aaron in Thor 24 has gone ahead and the story of DeFalco and Frenz we will not see it until next issue and also within an absurd story seen thousands of times like Thor vs Hulk for the millionth time that will make a story centered on the Enchantress go unnoticed and barely mentioned.
    It's good that they are still doing the story but why move the date? Now it will feel disconnected from the rest of the issue. Also agree on Thor vs Hulk, it's done to death. Cates' run feels like nostalgic hits but they are just soulless covers.

It's good that they are still doing the story but why move the date? Now it will feel disconnected from the rest of the issue. Also agree on Thor vs Hulk, it's done to death. Cates' run feels like nostalgic hits but they are just soulless covers.
    Yeah, it's what I said, I'm totally unable to understand why they does it. Also I remember that the Strange Academy Special was originally going to be published in October's Last week but it was published in November.

And the Hulk/Thor again, pass, i'm only interested in Amora's story not this Banner of War storyline

I must said is kind of admirable and sad the way Charlie_1981 devotes to Enchantress as character. Maybe some author can come with some idea to give her more relevance. There is always the possibility than some writer can weant to write an story involvoing her.

That said, I don't think that is going to be happening soon. Not under the modern circunstances. The archetype than Enchantress represents is not something than some people wants to see in the pages.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin