Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I must said is kind of admirable and sad the way Charlie_1981 devotes to Enchantress as character. Maybe some author can come with some idea to give her more relevance. There is always the possibility than some writer can weant to write an story involvoing her.

That said, I don't think that is going to be happening soon. Not under the modern circunstances. The archetype than Enchantress represents is not something than some people wants to see in the pages.
    Thank you, sometimes it is difficult for me and I try to do my best, but I am glad to see that someone can see it.

When you talk about archetype, what exactly do you mean? She was the first Marvel femme fatale and it is strange that since 1964 of her first appearance, Marvel has found it so difficult to explain her history and origin while the rest of the female characters of that time have advanced so much for decades and Amora has remained as stuck in the same with a few small changes that any smart writer could have used to improve.

I have always wanted to see different things about Amora than usual and above all I like the stories in which she shows herself to be more human than most of her people, especially in terms of recognizing her own mistakes, during the whole past year between the Captain Marvel series and Strange Academy books, they have made her a mother and apparently it seems like the current trend that could follow that line and move forward to see an interesting evolution in the character, especially with her children of the Strange Academy and maybe leave her legacy as the Enchantress in taking in and teaching the young Sylvie Lushton to be her disciple and natural successor considering that her younger sister Lorelei has followed a different path from her since Loki: Agent of Asgard.

I've been waiting for decades to see some writer do something real, take a risk and that can remain in some way without going back. Amora is more complex as a character than Loki, even when it comes to being bisexual (considering who she is and what she is able to do, it can't be a surprise for anyone) and all that.

Precisely to the femme fatale archetype. She had that role on the (Marvel) Thor myth. She was the evil temptress, the seductress than manipulated men with her charms, to use them as her tools. Her most notable stories are related to that role. And that role is not very popular right now. The option is give her other role and some way that also is making her a different character. Now they made her a mother and that is, well, a very different aspect of the manipulative female, but than goes far from what made her a more attractive character.

Doesn't help than her role has been usurped in the MCU by that hybrid Loki/Sylvie than is neither one character or the other but something different. IS almost like Marvel don't want to use a character with such a sex appeal in their #z_"for all the family" media products.

Maybe some writer will use her in a creative yet more close to her roots in the comics, but she always could come back to relevance at any time. You never know.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Well, there are many characters that fit that role and there you have them, especially in the case of Mutants in which there are plenty of characters of that type and the writers have no problem doing various things with them, while in other corners of the Marvel Universe , Marvel seems to have forgotten the first one that appeared, which is Amora the Enchantress, a character that they should respect more because she was also the creation of Stan Lee and Jack Kirby.

Making her an enemy of the Avengers was a mistake, that she was never part of the group in many moments too, changing things related to her personality is fine because it allows you to really know her but not to the point of making her unrecognizable. I think that a character like her fits more into the role of an ally that can help from time to time, not a villain because that motivation disappeared years or decades ago. Amora has a level and experience in addition to great knowledge related to magic, she would be a great teacher and also good. The sexy touch in her is different because it is not pure sexuality, but rather elegance and maturity, also charisma, in other characters it is different, but with her nothing has always been seen that sexualizes her more than it should.

Anyway, Marvel has no way to make retcons with her, because they have never explained her history or details of her past at any time, except what we know since the 80s, her relationship with the Valkyries no one has ever explained, Aaron hasn't even mentioned her in any Valkyrie stories he's done.

I have no hope in the MCU because everything they could have done they have ignored. The only thing we really know about Amora on comics is her sister Lorelei and her real name since the time of Walt Simonson, with Sylvie Lushton in the last decade they could have used her much better and there she is, totally missing and wasted when it would clearly be her legacy and now we have Alvi and Iric, her children from the Strange Academy.

It's what I expect, and I've been waiting for decades, but I never see it and it worries me a lot and even makes me some anxiety, I'm aware that this isn't real, they're just comics, but when you like something so much, you expect from something good, the best.
    Last edited by Charlie_1981; 05-04-2022 at 04:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    The art seems so nice but i'm afraid on what kind of treatment she is going to have here also, since Aaron I prefer to skip any Jane Foster content.

An amazing new pic I found.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    An amazing new pic I found.

Hmm I wonder what the lettering is? It's not Norse.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Hmm I wonder what the lettering is? It's not Norse.
    No idea, some magic words or something.

Anyone has seen and read the last Thor issue?

I hope DeFalco and Frenz story it's the Enchantress one announced not something different.

I hope DeFalco and Frenz story it's the Enchantress one announced not something different.
    no amora History

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    no amora History
    seriously, this should be a joke, wasn't supposed to have it for issue 25 today?

There is an Enchantress story. It's basically a flashback. While enjoyable it's nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    There is an Enchantress story. It's basically a flashback. While enjoyable it's nothing new.
    I hope to read it soon, only I want it, I have no interest in the Banner of War storyline.

I just hope and need to see more Amora the Enchantress stories and if they can be like the Strange Academy special or even better, well, it can be a good thing.

I know seeing De Falco writing on Thor and with the adding of Frenz in the art, it can be more like an homage to Lee and Kirby work than something new, i was prepared for it.

it's baffling how Amora is wasted.

The art seems so nice but i'm afraid on what kind of treatment she is going to have here also, since Aaron I prefer to skip any Jane Foster content.
    she will be written by a woman so who knows, maybe she will do a decent job.

btw, there is a book called Legends of Asgard: Head of Mimir.

https://www.amazon.com/Head-Mimir-Ma.../dp/B08BZY9ND2

The book is set thousands of years ago.

Amora is one of the main characters there so you might want to check it out however, Norse Gods are way too humanized in those books so I don't like them.
    Last edited by GodThor; 05-18-2022 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    it's baffling how Amora is wasted.

she will be written by a woman so who knows, maybe she will do a decent job.

btw, there is a book called Legends of Asgard: Head of Mimir.

https://www.amazon.com/Head-Mimir-Ma.../dp/B08BZY9ND2

The book is set thousands of years ago.

Amora is one of the main characters there so you might want to check it out however, Norse Gods are way too humanized in those books so I don't like them.
    Yeah, it's sad and frustrating.

Hope, she's not wasted just for Jane Thor Glory, Amora is better than her.

I Will try, thanks for the info.

At last i read Amora's story from Thor 25, It was better than i thought, i really like It and clearly was the only worthy thing from this issue , Hope It has more follow Up , and i truly need more Amora's stories, Marvel don't sideline her anymore and make more Focus on her, at least this Will be a balance for the fact of not being in the MCU. Sure there are a lot of good writers and artists Who wants to do some.

I can't understand if not were with this two little stories, why a Thor book was more of a Hulk one than Thor,, It was an insult to real Thor fans.