Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Amora cameo or not cameo in Teaser Trailer comic marvel

https://twitter.com/captainmarvel/st...62196802953217
    That is basically the same as what you have put above but in video format, it does not add anything new.

I would have expected someone to say something about what I am commenting related to a possible redemption of Lorelei, the younger sister of Amora the Enchantress in a way that was not forced and more reasonable.

Today Amora in Two page in Jane Foster

Is one

Today Amora in Two page in Jane Foster

Is one
    Before saying anything, I'll try to read it, but what I've seen on first impression seems more of the same to me, I hope it develops better in the following issues but I have little hope she gets respected in any way, specially knowing that the writer is a Jane Foster fan.

As I know that juan678 will end up posting this, I already do it, whoever wants to comment go ahead, I'm a little tired to say anything and I have no opinion about it.

https://www.cbr.com/enchantress-back...k-thor-marvel/

I have definitely read it, because at first I had only glanced at it in passing pages, I don't know what the writer's intentions are with Amora from here to the end of the story, but I don't like that what happened in her previous appearance, which was in the Strange Academy special with her children finishes being ignored like nothing, I also thought something similar when I read Avengers Prime at the time and in the end Amora turned out to be on the side of the good guys and the story even when Bendis wrote it, was good, Alan Davis's drawing helped, but in this case I find it hard to think that there is no way to redeem Amora the Enchantress and that unlike Loki, she will always be stuck in the same thing over and over again and it is really painful to keep seeing this kind of thing again.

I don't know what happens to the people of Marvel with the Enchantress and I understand less that her personality fluctuates or changes from one comic to another as if nothing, if they said that she has been possessed or something similar, it would be understood but they seem to want to detract and do damage to the character whenever they have the chance and when someone tries to change that, it comes to nothing.

I am convinced that the editorial and most writers at marvel see Amora as a tool to further other characters' stories rather than her own character. Because of that Amora almost always appears in the context of someone elses story and usually as a villain at that. Any development like the Strange Academy special is swept under the rug so that Amora can be the villain when writers are too lazy to come up with anything else. And it's not even a new perspective on the character it's the same "I want Thor to be mine" thing over and over again. I don't think Amora can ever grow as long as she's used in other characters' stories which is made worse by the fact that those are the only stories she appears in.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    I am convinced that the editorial and most writers at marvel see Amora as a tool to further other characters' stories rather than her own character. Because of that Amora almost always appears in the context of someone elses story and usually as a villain at that. Any development like the Strange Academy special is swept under the rug so that Amora can be the villain when writers are too lazy to come up with anything else. And it's not even a new perspective on the character it's the same "I want Thor to be mine" thing over and over again. I don't think Amora can ever grow as long as she's used in other characters' stories which is made worse by the fact that those are the only stories she appears in.
    It is very sad but it is precisely what I mean, it seems that there is no human way to change this trend that lasts too many decades, as I said months ago, things like the Strange Academy special are the exception but even there and even if she was used in a smarter and better way, it was also in the context of other characters, in that case, her children.

With other characters they don't do these things, it seems that Amora is the only one with whom they do it, hence from 1964 to 2022 her story has never been explained nor do they even bother to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    It is very sad but it is precisely what I mean, it seems that there is no human way to change this trend that lasts too many decades, as I said months ago, things like the Strange Academy special are the exception but even there and even if she was used in a smarter and better way, it was also in the context of other characters, in that case, her children.

With other characters they don't do these things, it seems that Amora is the only one with whom they do it, hence from 1964 to 2022 her story has never been explained nor do they even bother to do it.
    Doing that would mean giving the audience who weren't interested in Amora previously a chance to connect with her and they don't want that because then they'd have to commit to her growth as a character. It's easier, and by that I mean lazier, to use her as the stock Asgardian villain. She used to share that role with Loki before he got MCUified.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Doing that would mean giving the audience who weren't interested in Amora previously a chance to connect with her and they don't want that because then they'd have to commit to her growth as a character. It's easier, and by that I mean lazier, to use her as the stock Asgardian villain. She used to share that role with Loki before he got MCUified.
    True, but if Marvel had at least bothered to do it, at least it would be easier to empathize with her, surely at some point, Simonson would have wanted to explain her story of having had more time because if not why revealing her real name (Amora) and the appearance of Lorelei (her younger sister), in addition to separating her from Skurge the Executioner.

In addition, explaining her history now means starting from scratch, there is no load of retcons or anything like that, but for that they should make an effort to unite all the pieces from her first appearance to the present and even add new things.

The MCU has perhaps condemned the character to the vain existence of the comics and even that of separating her from the book in which she was born only appearing in comics that have little to do with Thor is painful, besides all this Jane Foster and the Mighty Thor book only serves for the greater glory of the fans of Jane Foster, to anger those of Thor and as an incentive to see the Love and Thunder movie but with the difference that appear characters that nothing comes out or will come out in the movie.

Where is it

Where is it

Alligator Loki Infinity comic digital.

Amora 2099

preview today

Amora 2099

preview today

She doesn't look different unless is some grown-up Sylvie Lushton, isn't supposed Loki is the only god alive in 2099?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    She doesn't look different unless is some grown-up Sylvie Lushton, isn't supposed Loki is the only god alive in 2099?
    It does look like it could be Sylvie.