Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

No idea, at this point I have very little trust regarding what they are doing with Amora.

I would like it to be clarified at some point, because it goes from good to bad as if nothing happened, there are never explanations for it and it becomes more and more difficult for me to follow its appearances, I felt good with the Strange Academy special and even had some hope with the story of Captain Marvel, but here they return to the same old thing, for me it is clear that no Marvel writer right now knows what he or she does with her and it scares me that in this miniseries how things are going to end for her.

I don't know what to think of this, they are practically going to put Amora as if she were to blame for everything when the guilty one for also involving her in all this and lying to her is Carol Danvers herself.

In addition, the justification given does not make sense and is absurd because it is something that has happened in an alternative future that does not exist and will not exist.

Also, Amora really shouldn't care, she doesn't even know Ove, even though he's her son from a world she hasn't lived in and she should be more worried about her real children who are in the Strange Academy, even knowing they're fine and more than safe even getting into trouble by themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    I don't know what to think of this, they are practically going to put Amora as if she were to blame for everything when the guilty one for also involving her in all this and lying to her is Carol Danvers herself.

In addition, the justification given does not make sense and is absurd because it is something that has happened in an alternative future that does not exist and will not exist.
    Well remember Civil War 2? The one where the writers seemed to be trying to make every superhero on Earth look like a bad guy? Well, Danvers was on the side who wanted to imprison and prosecute people for things they hadn't done yet. this seems to essentially be the same logic.

Now, there is the idea that since it's things that are part of Ove's past that they could be considered crimes he'd committed. However.... Two wrongs don't make a right. Danvers trying to argue she should be immune to trial simply because she had a reason for what she did it.... ridiculous. It's something to use as a reason for the court to not find you guilty... but a reason to skip the trial entirely? um... no.

Though... I do have to wonder why Amora cares. since the trial was ostensibly started because Amora brought the case up.
    Last edited by marhawkman; 07-08-2022 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Well remember Civil War 2? The one where the writers seemed to be trying to make every superhero on Earth look like a bad guy? Well, Danvers was on the side who wanted to imprison and prosecute people for things they hadn't done yet. this seems to essentially be the same logic.

Now, there is the idea that since it's things that are part of Ove's past that they could be considered crimes he'd committed. However.... Two wrongs don't make a right. Danvers trying to argue she should be immune to trial simply because she had a reason for what she did it.... ridiculous. It's something to use as a reason for the court to not find you guilty... but a reason to skip the trial entirely? um... no.

Though... I do have to wonder why Amora cares. since the trial was ostensibly started because Amora brought the case up.
    True, and I agree with you, Carol's justification for those things doesn't make any sense and it's not up to her to decide anything because it's not her thing and she has no authority to do so no matter how much she tries to force things.

About Amora, perhaps it's more a matter of principles than anything else and she can't let what happened go unpunished although she really shouldn't care because it really doesn't affect at least to our Amora.

Also why ask other wizards and witches for help when it is a subject that could be asked in Asgard? Does Amora no longer trust anyone there? Does she feel so bad with her people that she feels as if she is no longer her home?

although her children matter to her and she herself recognized that they were better off with her father than with her because of being who she is.

True, and I agree with you, Carol's justification for those things doesn't make any sense and it's not up to her to decide anything because it's not her thing and she has no authority to do so no matter how much she tries to force things.

About Amora, perhaps it's more a matter of principles than anything else and she can't let what happened go unpunished although she really shouldn't care because it really doesn't affect at least to our Amora.

Also why ask other wizards and witches for help when it is a subject that could be asked in Asgard? Does Amora no longer trust anyone there? Does she feel so bad with her people that she feels as if she is no longer her home?

although her children matter to her and she herself recognized that they were better off with her father than with her because of being who she is.
    Isn't Amora technically from Vanaheim not Asgard? *looks it up* nope. never mind. She doesn't usually LIVE in Asgard, but she was born there apparently. Still makes me question if she would feel as if they'd look out for her interests at all though. Amora has fought the rulers of Asgard many times.

BANNED

Also, Amora really shouldn't care, she doesn't even know Ove, even though he's her son from a world she hasn't lived in and she should be more worried about her real children who are in the Strange Academy, even knowing they're fine and more than safe even getting into trouble by themselves.
    I think she fears if Captain Marvel did something like this to Ove, what if there was some conflict between Captain Marvel and her actual sons?

It’s not a precedent she would stand for.

Things have been irredeemably bad between Amora and Asgard since he return after Ragnarok. So at this point, it makes since she’d turn to a tribunal of Earth magic users. Relations between her and all the others in the panel are better than it is between her and Thor or any of Asgard’s leaders.

BANNED

Isn't Amora technically from Vanaheim not Asgard? *looks it up* nope. never mind. She doesn't usually LIVE in Asgard, but she was born there apparently. Still makes me question if she would feel as if they'd look out for her interests at all though. Amora has fought the rulers of Asgard many times.
    So they probably wouldn’t be inclined to help.

But Earth’s magic users would be, particularly if felt what Captain Marvel did was particularly dangerous to their community. De powering the son of the Enchantress is a pretty big deal. Granted she got the potion from Amora to begin with.

She has always been from Asgard, it is true that she does not live there or at least she has not since she was a child. It is assumed that both Thor and Odin believe that she can change and be better, but Amora herself, due to her experiences and her life, does not believe it too much, possibly thinking that it is too late for it unless Thor really wants to be with her, that would give her hope and make her really believe that she can.

I think she and Loki have so much chemistry, empathy for each other and are friends because of things like this.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I think she fears if Captain Marvel did something like this to Ove, what if there was some conflict between Captain Marvel and her actual sons?

It’s not a precedent she would stand for.

Things have been irredeemably bad between Amora and Asgard since he return after Ragnarok. So at this point, it makes since she’d turn to a tribunal of Earth magic users. Relations between her and all the others in the panel are better than it is between her and Thor or any of Asgard’s leaders.
    It is possible, Amora is a mother and possibly she has that in mind and especially after being with her children as seen in the Strange Academy special, being threatened and seeing what has happened with Ove, she may have her fully aware that if something has happened to him, even without really having a relationship beyond an alternative future in which something happened between Amora and Namor, it can also happen with her children Iric and Alvi and she cannot consent to that happens in any way, Amora protects always that which is hers, that someone can take it from her , provokes distrust and she is capable of killing without having any doubts about it.

Asgard, it will be difficult for them to forgive her and on the contrary, Amora does not ask them for help because she knows that they will not give it to her and she will consider it an injustice on her part in the first place. If she knows that the magical community of the Earth can do something knowing that it could be a threat to them too, she has no problem forming alliances even if they are people she has once faced like Scarlet Witch and Magik, it's a matter of explain things rationally or at least appear so.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    So they probably wouldn’t be inclined to help.

But Earth’s magic users would be, particularly if felt what Captain Marvel did was particularly dangerous to their community. De powering the son of the Enchantress is a pretty big deal. Granted she got the potion from Amora to begin with.
    Yeah, but because Carol ask for it after everyone refuses to help her, Amora did it because Carol didn't explain the truth in first place.

I have read already Captain Marvel today and Amora just appear in the preview already seen, i'm feeling so disappointed, Hope in next issues she have more Focus and be treated well and with more respect.

I have read already Captain Marvel today and Amora just appear in the preview already seen, i'm feeling so disappointed, Hope in next issues she have more Focus and be treated well and with more respect.
    I liked seeing Amora among the other magic users but yeah her role was too minimal. Hopefully next issue remedies that and shows Amora in a positive light.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    I liked seeing Amora among the other magic users but yeah her role was too minimal. Hopefully next issue remedies that and shows Amora in a positive light.
    I just hope for it.