Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 LastLast

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Shouldn't this be more in the Captain Marvel thread than in the Enchantress thread?

it's just that it's always the same old story and I'm sick of continuing to see and read this continuous nonsense and disrespect to the character, I can't take it anymore. I don't even bother reading that series anymore.

Here it doesn't say anything relevant and worth commenting on because it's the same horrible treatment as always that Marvel is not able to change regarding Amora and when someone tries it they already know how It finishes, gets quickly ignored and forgotten.

Until there's a true redemption arc and it's worth it, I'm starting to think Amora would be better off dead.

Please Hope for good news not more crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    Shouldn't this be more in the Captain Marvel thread than in the Enchantress thread?
    It may not be a plot you APPRECIATE, but its an Enchantress plot nonetheless. So here we are, APPRECIATING that she's appearing and seeing where the story takes her...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    It may not be a plot you APPRECIATE, but its an Enchantress plot nonetheless. So here we are, APPRECIATING that she's appearing and seeing where the story takes her...
    I can hardly do it when things are this way, I neither accept it nor intend to accept it, I don't care what others say, I've been dealing with all this nonsense for years and I need something different, not the same as always or worse.

At least with the November 2021 Strange Academy special, we had it and even that little DeFalco and Frenz story from Thor 26 a few months ago was different.

But between the Captain Marvel and that miniseries that nobody clearly cares about Jane Foster and the mighty Thor, the trend is the same again, I hate to see that they continue to be stuck with the same.

I care for her appearances but at least try to do something different not the same crap that makes people hate Enchantress and be beyond any kind of redemption.
    Last edited by Charlie_1981; 09-03-2022 at 03:36 AM.

Personally I agree what that list said about villains that need to be redeemed, specially Amora the Enchantress, it is what I always tried to say and should be a priority on Marvel more than what they are doing actually with her, The Strange Academy special was a right way to begin.

The only thing I'm not agreed is calling her B-List Villain.

about https://www.cbr.com/marvel-b-list-vi...redeem-comics/

Hmmmm *finds a copy*
    Carol starts out with a basic failure to understand how raising things works...
    Then there's a bunch of discussion about the trial.....
    eventually Amora goes to Earth and finds Kit... we never see what Amora does. There's a panel where Amora's magic wraps around Kit's hand.... then the next panel shows Carol starting down a Godzilla-sized grey dragon. Is the dragon Kit? The only clue as to where the dragon came from(other than timing) is that the dragon's eyes glow the same color as Amora's magic.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Hmmmm *finds a copy*
    Carol starts out with a basic failure to understand how raising things works...
    Then there's a bunch of discussion about the trial.....
    eventually Amora goes to Earth and finds Kit... we never see what Amora does. There's a panel where Amora's magic wraps around Kit's hand.... then the next panel shows Carol starting down a Godzilla-sized grey dragon. Is the dragon Kit? The only clue as to where the dragon came from(other than timing) is that the dragon's eyes glow the same color as Amora's magic.
    That's precisely what I don't like, I see it too out of character and an exaggeration, if she does it for herself it's one thing because it's a bit of her nature but she Is unable to hurt a kid for the sake of It, but if she does it for Ove who really is nobody for her, it's exaggerated, also after the Strange Academy special when she helps her children because she was who put them in this situation in first place after being born, also she was being honest with them because she truly loves them but can't be the BEST mother ever, this is too much, that they want to force a feud between Carol Danvers and Amora the Enchantress, let them do what they want, I don't have to like it because I expect something better than this

Amora's appearance in CM #41 today is fine for the most part. I was expecting something worse so I'm not exactly disappointed. However I really don't like how Amora is positioned as an antagonist for Carol. There are so many other much more interesting stories they can tell with Amora and this is the best they have? I also hate that they are continuing the animosity even though Amora now knows the full story. They are just continuing the conflict for the sake of it.
    Last edited by Doom'nGloom; 09-14-2022 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Amora's appearance in CM #41 today is fine for the most part. I was expecting something worse so I'm not exactly disappointed. However I really don't like how Amora is positioned as an antagonist for Carol. There are so many other much more interesting stories they can tell with Amora and this is the best they have? I also hate that they are continuing the animosity even though Amora now knows the full story. They are just continuing the conflict for the sake of it.
    I also expected something much worse than what I saw (in that sense, I'm satisfied with the portrayal), but there are things that don't make sense like Amora worrying about a son who will never be born in that timeline like Ove, let's not try to find parallels with the mutant line and characters like Cyclops, Jean Grey, Cable, Madelyne Pryor or Rachel Summers, that's another world, it's not the same in any way, the real children of Amora are Iric and Alvi from the Strange Academy and they are the ones I sincerely want to see more interaction with their mother and if possible also with their aunt Lorelei.

The antagonism with Captain Marvel, I still see it tremendously forced and unnatural.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Thompson’s got lots more planned for Amora, Ove, and Carol. This storyline might not be your cup of tea, but Kelly’s got plans to give Amora some development and respect that she deserves.

The end of today’s CM goes a long way to build something more than an antagonistic relationship between the two women.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Thompson’s got lots more planned for Amora, Ove, and Carol. This storyline might not be your cup of tea, but Kelly’s got plans to give Amora some development and respect that she deserves.

The end of today’s CM goes a long way to build something more than an antagonistic relationship between the two women.
    I try to be optimistic with so much negativity in the world so hoping for the best then

and I want to see it and that it's worth it but I hope Thompson just because it's Carol Story doesn't ignore important things like Amora's present children with whom Amora in the Deep of her heart wants to get closer and obviously Lorelei and Sigurd who are still around and who would deserve a lot of attention just the same not to forget about Asgard and its entire world and the unknown past and childhood of Amora and her sister. There are important things to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    I try to be optimistic with so much negativity in the world so hoping for the best then
    Me too but sometimes it's truly hard.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    and I want to see it and that it's worth it but I hope Thompson just because it's Carol Story doesn't ignore important things like Amora's present children with whom Amora in the Deep of her heart wants to get closer and obviously Lorelei and Sigurd who are still around and who would deserve a lot of attention just the same not to forget about Asgard and its entire world and the unknown past and childhood of Amora and her sister. There are important things to know.
    While I completely agree in regards to Amora, and her two children who are alive and well in Strange Academy, unfortunately any development between them is going to be relegated to the Strange Academy book. It’s just unfortunate the two books have separate editors. Same with Amora, and her childhood. I’d love to see that developed here, but she’s a Thor character, and Marvel would prefer to see those types of revelations to be explored in a Thor title.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

While I completely agree in regards to Amora, and her two children who are alive and well in Strange Academy, unfortunately any development between them is going to be relegated to the Strange Academy book. It’s just unfortunate the two books have separate editors. Same with Amora, and her childhood. I’d love to see that developed here, but she’s a Thor character, and Marvel would prefer to see those types of revelations to be explored in a Thor title.
    I agree But unfortunately Is not happening because the Thor book Is always Lost in cosmic battles, remakes of stories already done like the Donald Blake thing or recently Crossovers with other characters instead of doing good development on Asgard, their realms and entire lore, Thor needs a second or third books to expanding It more, it's sad to see characters since the 60s barely being developed in full mode.