Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

How could things be said if Marvel month after month does not mention the Enchantress anywhere or take advantage of anything?

This situation has lasted and been a negative trend for decades, it is practically as if there was only something related to her once a year and sometimes not even that. Marvel really doesn't know what to do with her and if it weren't for the Copyright issue and stuff like that the Enchantress's name would no longer exist in Marvel and Amora would be known only as Amora and Sylvie Lushton as Sylvie (no relation to the Sylvie from Loki's Disney+ series, at least Marvel hasn't done anything at all in that regard unlike other things from Disney+ series and the MCU Movies) and the only Enchantress that would exist would be DC's one. Almost the same way that happened with the names of Captain Marvel / Shazam ...

There are times when I sometimes wonder why Stan Lee and Jack Kirby even bothered to create the character on Thor if then the Marvel people themselves after the 70s hardly even bothered to make an origin and a story of her own (which being in 2022 is still going on or has become a worse situation than years ago) or why many writers who supposedly like the character have never really risked in treating her better and giving her much more depth (here I owe thousands of thanks to Walt Simonson and what he did in Thor because otherwise Enchantress wouldn't even be a memory anymore and a character so obscure she would be long dead).

I have asked the people of Marvel thousands of times, both by email and on twitter and I have never received any response and there come times when if you see that nothing changes and everything remains the same, you almost start to give up because you will never see anything good when writers and editors simply want to use her to fill in a specific story and not give it continuity, forgetting over time like nothing ever happened.

It is sad but true and I really think in that way because I really Amora as a character more than anyone on Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    How could things be said if Marvel month after month does not mention the Enchantress anywhere or take advantage of anything?

This situation has lasted and been a negative trend for decades, it is practically as if there was only something related to her once a year and sometimes not even that. Marvel really doesn't know what to do with her and if it weren't for the Copyright issue and stuff like that the Enchantress's name would no longer exist in Marvel and Amora would be known only as Amora and Sylvie Lushton as Sylvie (no relation to the Sylvie from Loki's Disney+ series, at least Marvel hasn't done anything at all in that regard unlike other things from Disney+ series and the MCU Movies) and the only Enchantress that would exist would be DC's one. Almost the same way that happened with the names of Captain Marvel / Shazam ...

There are times when I sometimes wonder why Stan Lee and Jack Kirby even bothered to create the character on Thor if then the Marvel people themselves after the 70s hardly even bothered to make an origin and a story of her own (which being in 2022 is still going on or has become a worse situation than years ago) or why many writers who supposedly like the character have never really risked in treating her better and giving her much more depth (here I owe thousands of thanks to Walt Simonson and what he did in Thor because otherwise Enchantress wouldn't even be a memory anymore and a character so obscure she would be long dead).

I have asked the people of Marvel thousands of times, both by email and on twitter and I have never received any response and there come times when if you see that nothing changes and everything remains the same, you almost start to give up because you will never see anything good when writers and editors simply want to use her to fill in a specific story and not give it continuity, forgetting over time like nothing ever happened.

It is sad but true and I really think in that way because I really Amora as a character more than anyone on Marvel.
    What is most frustrating to me is writers can write good stories with Amora if they want to but they are not followed up on. Strange Academy tie in featuring Amora was a good story and it showed Amora from a different perspective, a mother who is trying to do her best for her kids. They could have further established Alvi and Iric's relationship with Amora and revealed who the father was but they didn't and now it's a dangling plot thread just like Sylvie with wherever Amora sent her. Marvel just loves wasting potential storylines with a different and interesting premise. They rather cycle old storylines with secret invasion 2 being the newest example.
    Last edited by Doom'nGloom; 02-10-2022 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    What is most frustrating to me is writers can write good stories with Amora if they want to but they are not followed up on. Strange Academy tie in featuring Amora was a good story and it showed Amora from a different perspective, a mother who is trying to do her best for her kids. They could have further established Alvi and Iric's relationship with Amora and revealed who the father was but they didn't and now it's a dangling plot thread just like Sylvie with wherever Amora sent her. Marvel just loves wasting potential storylines with a different and interesting premise. They rather cycle old storylines with secret invasion 2 being the newest example.
    I also think so and it is really hard to believe that they waste their time on nonsense like recycling old concepts and repeating them believing that they will have the success of the above and then demonstrate that it is not so and also continue doing it again, how many times has the Clone saga been explained in Spider-Man (which they have even come to repeat in a character like Miles Morales) or the Civil War and now Secret Invasion because soon it will be related to one of the upcoming MCU movies, meanwhile, they leave behind a multitude marginalized of characters, between one of them is Amora the Enchantress, of which they don't even bother to take advantage of anything, 4 Thor movies and nothing, the Loki series, nothing, Agents of SHIELD, does anyone remember Lorelei? Marvel is a difficult case but they end up being justified by the success that their MCU movies and some series are having, while in DC they have it more difficult although from time to time it works for them.

It's terribly frustrating, I try and make an effort to try to be positive but there are many times when it's impossible to be and nobody seems to care about all this, I don't even know what to think anymore, they don't take advantage of anything that exists and when there is, there is no continuity in it and the next thing that comes is as if nothing had happened afterwards.

I also think so and it is really hard to believe that they waste their time on nonsense like recycling old concepts and repeating them believing that they will have the success of the above and then demonstrate that it is not so and also continue doing it again, how many times has the Clone saga been explained in Spider-Man (which they have even come to repeat in a character like Miles Morales) or the Civil War and now Secret Invasion because soon it will be related to one of the upcoming MCU movies, meanwhile, they leave behind a multitude marginalized of characters, between one of them is Amora the Enchantress, of which they don't even bother to take advantage of anything, 4 Thor movies and nothing, the Loki series, nothing, Agents of SHIELD, does anyone remember Lorelei? Marvel is a difficult case but they end up being justified by the success that their MCU movies and some series are having, while in DC they have it more difficult although from time to time it works for them.

It's terribly frustrating, I try and make an effort to try to be positive but there are many times when it's impossible to be and nobody seems to care about all this, I don't even know what to think anymore, they don't take advantage of anything that exists and when there is, there is no continuity in it and the next thing that comes is as if nothing had happened afterwards.
    Devil's Reign is just Dark Reign/Civil War mashup on a smaller scale. The only saving grace for me is Chip Zdarsky who I generally enjoy. Other than that it's the same thing we have already seen before. I don't understand why marvel doesn't see MCU as a good enough reason to capitalize on Amora or Sylvie. Because they are different than how Sylvie was in the show? Kang (or Immortus) in comics has nothing in common personality wise with how he's depicted in the show yet he got a mini and a one shot out of it. Wanda also recently had Darkhold which was way overdue but at least she got it. Meanwhile Amora and Sylvie are in the character limbo waiting for a writer to take an interest in them. They are maybe the only major marvel characters who didn't get anything in comics out of MCU appearance (Monica Rambeau too)

Devil's Reign is just Dark Reign/Civil War mashup on a smaller scale. The only saving grace for me is Chip Zdarsky who I generally enjoy. Other than that it's the same thing we have already seen before. I don't understand why marvel doesn't see MCU as a good enough reason to capitalize on Amora or Sylvie. Because they are different than how Sylvie was in the show? Kang (or Immortus) in comics has nothing in common personality wise with how he's depicted in the show yet he got a mini and a one shot out of it. Wanda also recently had Darkhold which was way overdue but at least she got it. Meanwhile Amora and Sylvie are in the character limbo waiting for a writer to take an interest in them. They are maybe the only major marvel characters who didn't get anything in comics out of MCU appearance (Monica Rambeau too)
    True, and also taking advantage of a success of the 80's era as it was one of the best Daredevil stories such as Born Again and a kind of continuation or simply something related to what the Kingpin discovered Daredevil's secret identity and decided to destroy him completely before Matt rises again.

I don't understand that either, and luckily they haven't decided to change either of them to make them unrecognizable, although I don't know what they would have done if decided to take advantage of the Loki series, which they only took advantage of a little within the series itself and not seems that people several months ago since the Disney+ series are exactly happy to say the least.

Amora is, Sylvie would have the potential to be, they are different things and yes, if any writer would even bother to try it I would be so hugely grateful, but none do and my greatest fear (and it is something that makes me to panic), It is that some writer decides to kill her off in a bad way, I already had a very bad time when Oeming killed her off in that unfortunate way at the time as if it were nothing simply because what he wrote was a Ragnarok story and he could have taken better advantage of it than killing her outside of panel.

Monica Rambeau appeared in the Wandavision series and will soon be seen in the next Captain Marvel movie and possibly in Secret Invasion, while nothing is known about Amora and nobody is interested in it, the news from the MCU bores me and not make me exactly excited and more if there is nothing or a sad mention.

There is also another thing, Sabretooth was gone since the beginning of Hickman's X-men era and now he has a miniseries recently published explaining whatever happened to him since it was exiled, while Sylvie Lushton that was missing since 2016, no one knows anything about her since Amora banished her to an unknown realm throughout the Ten Realms of Asgard.

Mutants, don't matter how and who always has a chance to shine, even Thunderbird died a very long time ago since the Beginning of Claremont's X-men during the 70s now is resurrected and has a one-shot.

It's really depressing and frustrating how Marvel ignores major part of their characters and characters no one ever asked for, has something.

There is also another thing, Sabretooth was gone since the beginning of Hickman's X-men era and now he has a miniseries recently published explaining whatever happened to him since it was exiled, while Sylvie Lushton that was missing since 2016, no one knows anything about her since Amora banished her to an unknown realm throughout the Ten Realms of Asgard.

Mutants, don't matter how and who always has a chance to shine, even Thunderbird died a very long time ago since the Beginning of Claremont's X-men during the 70s now is resurrected and has a one-shot.

It's really depressing and frustrating how Marvel ignores major part of their characters and characters no one ever asked for, has something.
    Marvel is always willing to take chances with mutant characters. Even when Inhumans were supposedly replacing them X-men had multiple books.

Marvel is always willing to take chances with mutant characters. Even when Inhumans were supposedly replacing them X-men had multiple books.
    Yeah, it's hard to make a chronology on it because I have the feeling that every mutant from X-men already has a limited series (multiple volumes in some cases) or an ongoing book (maybe with the exception of Charles Xavier)

I just want to know whatever happened with Sylvie Lushton and how she will meet again with Amora.

Yeah, it's hard to make a chronology on it because I have the feeling that every mutant from X-men already has a limited series (multiple volumes in some cases) or an ongoing book (maybe with the exception of Charles Xavier)

I just want to know whatever happened with Sylvie Lushton and how she will meet again with Amora.
    I want to know it too. It happaned back in 2016. It has been 6 years and we still don't have an answer.

I want to know it too. It happaned back in 2016. It has been 6 years and we still don't have an answer.
    Yeah, for a moment with the War of the Realms crossover two or three years ago (i can't remember now), I have had the hope and I thought naively to see her but this never happened.
    Last edited by Charlie_1981; 02-12-2022 at 03:37 AM.

When I wrote this I wasn't expecting her to appear in a thunderbolts mini. The lineup doesn't fit the former/current villains trying to act like heroes narrative thunderbolts have. Funnily enough Amora fits more with her being a former villain although it would still be random like this lineup but good for Monica. Now only if Amora was as lucky.

When I wrote this I wasn't expecting her to appear in a thunderbolts mini. The lineup doesn't fit the former/current villains trying to act like heroes narrative thunderbolts have. Funnily enough Amora fits more with her being a former villain although it would still be random like this lineup but good for Monica. Now only if Amora was as lucky.
    I agree, personally I expected something different. I have the feeling this is not going to last for so long. Glad only is a mini.

And yeah if only Amora can be so lucky at least just one time but it is What I said before, it's unfortunately a constant trend and a negative one for that it lasted for decades. It's hard to be a fan.

Advancing just one day to Valentine's Day

4 pics

Damn none can escape Amora's charm.