Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

It was part of "Thor: the Reigning" IIRC.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    hmmmm this really should have been posted last week, but.....
    I enjoyed the series where Thor and Amora got together. Those two are my favorite and preferred couple in Thor. Also if I remember correctly Thor and Amora had a child together didn't they?

Quote Originally Posted by IonRyner View Post
    I enjoyed the series where Thor and Amora got together. Those two are my favorite and preferred couple in Thor. Also if I remember correctly Thor and Amora had a child together didn't they?
    Yeah, this guy: https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Magni...n_(Earth-3515) I liked him.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    For me, clearly Amora the Enchantress isn't exactly a villainess, she can be more of a antihero because sometimes she helped her own people when a threat is so huge that need all of Asgard to battle, it was seen multiple times.

Amora the Enchantress is the embodiment of Asgardian love, she can sense and amplifly it when it comes to her charms but she, herself is unable to really know the true meaning of it, with Thor, with her sister Lorelei, Loki and even with her own sons and the majority of people she knows it already happened and even she on her own is able to recognize it but don't have the ability or just don't know how to begin with it.

While Thor has to need to learn lessons of humility, Amora should know more about love to be able to improve, be better and evolutionate to the next level.

All of these things are part of who she is, her personality and everything. I think because of it, she's so complex and people loves and expect more of her.

This is just what I think and seen while rereading the thor comics slowly. That is Amora "loves" Thor and that according to her she has always loved Thor and Always will. That out of everyone Thor is the one she wants and always wanted, as she says in the 1998 thor series. Where she finally gets what she wants to be his lover, queen and mother of his child. Where she tries telling Thor how she really feels about him and finally not using any magic to get what she wants. She seemed suprised I guess that he reciprocated her feelings and the rest is history.

Thor and Amora are my favorite couple especially from what I have seen in the 1998 series. I would like to see those two back together again.
    Last edited by IonRyner; 03-08-2022 at 02:15 AM.

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

This is just what I think and seen while rereading the thor comics slowly. That is Amora "loves" Thor and that according to her she has always loved Thor and Always will. That out of everyone Thor is the one she wants and always wanted, as she says in the 1998 thor series. Where she finally gets what she wants to be his lover, queen and mother of his child. Where she tries telling Thor how she really feels about him and finally not using any magic to get what she wants. She seemed suprised I guess that he reciprocated her feelings and the rest is history.

Thor and Amora are my favorite couple especially from what I have seen in the 1998 series. I would like to see those two back together again.
    True, and I agree, I also remember the first issue of Tom DeFalco's run, the one of the Secret Wars story, in which Amora tries to explain and make her sister understand her feelings with Thor and that her sister shouldn't treat in a way so superficially and so cruelly to men who could become (if given the opportunity) the love of her life (something that I think already happens, because Lorelei is with Sigurd since the Loki: Agent of Asgard series)

Right now, I don't know very well what kind of relationship Amora could have with Thor, especially since it is known that she has two sons such as Alvi and Iric from the Strange Academy series with another man whom she left to take care of them so that they were not involved in the complicated life that she has and were not in constant danger because Amora has many enemies and any of them could use them to harm her, Amora is very proud and ambitious but she also loves her children although it is difficult for her to give them a kiss or a hug but she loves them and prefers that they live a normal life even if it is far from her.

Thor and Amora's relationship could be different now, maybe Thor can stop criticizing her or believe that she is a bad person which I doubt he believes it himself. Amora is more important to the life of the God of Thunder than he can admit and surely Thor is very good with children.

Amazing Member

Would a Amora series work? could she hold her own title or would it be better for her to be part of a team?

Something I've also wondered is just how strong/powerful is Amora

Would a Amora series work? could she hold her own title or would it be better for her to be part of a team?

Something I've also wondered is just how strong/powerful is Amora
    That is something that I have been thinking for many years, it is curious that until the Strange Academy special came out in November of last year, we had never had a story focused on her and it is strange because the first appearance of the character was in 1964 and it has hardly been possible to see something focused on her or just her as the main character of the story.

Always I will have loved a limited series or an ongoing with her as the main character, hope someday this will happen.

When Mjolnir comes crashing through Jane Foster’s apartment window, she fears the worst has happened to Thor. As Asgard’s greatest enemies—including Hela, Ulik the Troll, and Enchantress—mount an assault on the Golden Realm, Jane must find Thor and save Asgard—even if that means she must once again risk her life to become Thor herself!

https://www.themarysue.com/jane-fost...-cover-reveal/

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    When Mjolnir comes crashing through Jane Foster’s apartment window, she fears the worst has happened to Thor. As Asgard’s greatest enemies—including Hela, Ulik the Troll, and Enchantress—mount an assault on the Golden Realm, Jane must find Thor and save Asgard—even if that means she must once again risk her life to become Thor herself!

https://www.themarysue.com/jane-fost...-cover-reveal/

They are going to forget Amora's children and again wasting Amora as being the Villain again? Don't look good and I hate Jane Foster, when is she going to die already?

So I guess continuity doesn't mean anything huh?! Back to a villain just the way editorial likes it. And what's up with Jane? First she was a love interest, then she got cancer and became Thor, then Valkyrie and now back to Thor again? They just don't seem to know what to do with her. I don't like killing characters off but I think they should give her a time out and focus their efforts on lesser used characters like Amora right now. And if a writer comes with a good direction for Jane then use her. Not treading the same water like they do with Amora.
    Last edited by Doom'nGloom; 03-16-2022 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    So I guess continuity doesn't mean anything huh?! Back to a villain just the way editorial likes it. And what's up with Jane? First she was a love interest, then she got cancer and became Thor, then Valkyrie and now back to Thor again? They just don't seem to know what to do with her. I don't like killing characters off but I think they should give her a time out and focus their efforts on lesser used characters like Amora right now.
    It's just a total waste of time, I don't want to read that crap, there are other Thor villains, why don't leave her alone and treat her with better respect than that nonsense, with Loki currently they seem unable to change his status due to the MCU, the movies and the series apart from all the development from JMS through Gillen and Ewing, but with Amora they are not capable of doing anything, it shows that she suffers the consequences of not being part of the MCU, but it is already something that happened before the MCU existed.

Also Lorelei is being forgotten again, her last appearance was in Civil War II: Gods of War, and Sylvie Lushton no one knew anything since 2016, the ending of Illuminati short series.

It's just a total waste of time, I don't want to read that crap, there are other Thor villains, why don't leave her alone and treat her with better respect than that nonsense, with Loki currently they seem unable to change his status due to the MCU, the movies and the series apart from all the development from JMS through Gillen and Ewing, but with Amora they are not capable of doing anything, it shows that she suffers the consequences of not being part of the MCU, but it is already something that happened before the MCU existed.
    To be fair I enjoy current Loki. I think it's a natural progression of his character. But it's hipocrisy that they don't show respect to Amora as a character unlike the case with Loki.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    To be fair I enjoy current Loki. I think it's a natural progression of his character. But it's hipocrisy that they don't show respect to Amora as a character unlike the case with Loki.
    Of course it is.

Don't matter, they will never show any respect to her, when it comes to her, Marvel don't care, also if you tried to ask something, you will only have ignorance, silence and no answers why they are doing this with her.

Of course it is.

Don't matter, they will never show any respect to her, when it comes to her, Marvel don't care, also if you tried to ask something, you will only have ignorance, silence and no answers why they are doing this with her.
    It sucks so much. If they are gonna butcher her character progression then I prefer they don't use her until someone who cares about her comes to tell a story. Having nothing is better than having a hot mess.