Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Emperorjones View Post
    I'm not opposed to Blade having a daughter-be it Fallon Grey or Brielle/Bloodline. However, I don't want him having a daughter that comes at the expense of Marvel-finally-doing more to make Blade an A-list character. They've never properly taken care of the gift the Wesley Snipes/David Goyer films gave them.

The occasional bones here and there are of varying quality, and some of the books have given Blade very questionable hairstyles. I like the idea of Blade having a daughter because that could bring a new dimension to the character and his world, and that means that somewhere, someway, he had sex (and it would be nice to see more Black male characters who aren't eunuchs). But Brielle gives me Krista (from Blade: The Series) vibes, where she will be the not so stealth main character and Blade will just be the brand name hook for her. My hope is that she's not depicted always disrespecting her father or he's not always apologizing for something.
    At this point that falls completely on Marvel, they years to give him another solo outside of that godawful Gugg series from the 2000s and never did so. For some reason they kept sticking him team titles and thought that was enough.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Blade was in all-out Avengers. It really seems like they're making his supernatural awareness his strongest power. Again he was the only one to notice their minds had been altered.
    wait, who altered their minds?
    The J-man

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    wait, who altered their minds?
    The narrator seems to be questionable. When Blade began questioning how they got there, the narrator says something like "we can't have that" and Blade just changes the subject.

ok I see what scene you're referring to. I didn't realize Blade was in that comic.

While it could be magic sense. I need another example in that series to be certain, because it could simply be Blade being aware or intelligent. As the wise old hunter Blade is quick at putting two and two together as he would need to be as a "solo act"/"one man army" for many years

the last instance I recall of a comic highlighting Blade's magic sense was Mighty Avengers

The J-man

Mighty Member

A couple of other instances a bit more recently:

Then in Heroes Return, Blade guesses it was his supernatural sense that allowed him to be the only one who could remember who reality used to be

Then here's him sensing Dr. Strange and Ghost Rider

ah yes, good showings.

What I like about the new Midnight Suns #1 is that it's Blade back in his element. The consulate hunter, teaching his craft to future generations, around other supernatural characters. I like how the story just straight up ignores the Sheriff role in vampire nation, which was ultimately going to be a dead end. Unless Marvel has an event or storyline planned no need for Blade to play mall cop in Russia.
    The J-man

ah yes, good showings.

What I like about the new Midnight Suns #1 is that it's Blade back in his element. The consulate hunter, teaching his craft to future generations, around other supernatural characters. I like how the story just straight up ignores the Sheriff role in vampire nation, which was ultimately going to be a dead end. Unless Marvel has an event or storyline planned no need for Blade to play mall cop in Russia.
    Lmao nice description. I prefer Blade as a drifter myself but I don’t mind the idea of Chernobyl being his “home base” as it were, with Blade periodically returning to check in on the vampires there and make sure they aren’t up to anything.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    The narrator seems to be questionable. When Blade began questioning how they got there, the narrator says something like "we can't have that" and Blade just changes the subject.
    I was so disappointed with that first issue. Was just trash.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Mighty Member

ah yes, good showings.

Honestly if I had to guess, they still night reference it. I'm guessing why he's just a "guest lecturer" when virtually everyone else, even people like Magik, still have full time jobs there even though we all know she lives in Krakoa.

That next Blade one-shot is all based in Chernobyl. I think thats going to be Blade's status quo until they intentionally shift it. Marvel has been trying to carry on these stories for their supernatural characters using events and their own series. Like when they eventually wanted to take Ghost Rider our of hell, they did it with a quick one-shot in the King of Black series. If I had to guess, we're not going to see any major developments in the flagship titles flat out ignored for a while.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I was so disappointed with that first issue. Was just trash.
    Yea, it's supposed to be all heavy action. But the actual action wasn't that compelling to me

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Mighty Member

Damn. I was actually really looking forward to his vision and it seemed like he had such a great relationship with Stacey and Mahershala

well Chad Stahelski is available
    The J-man

"I’m told that the current BLADE script is roughly 90 pages and features exactly TWO (lackluster) action sequences. Mahershala said to be very frustrated with the process. Feige said to be spread too thin. But hey, that’s just what sources are telling me. Don’t shoot the messenger"

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheInSnei...62338700009472

okay now I'm officially worried
    The J-man

Right off the great Deadpool news this sucks.