Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Right off the great Deadpool news this sucks.

Not surprised they’re putting more effort into Deadpool than they are Blade. And I for one think Blade is the more interesting character.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    well Chad Stahelski is available
    It's tough because he would make an incredible action movie, but would he hit the subtle cultural themes as well?

But also word, I understand why they let Tariq go if that's where they're at with the movie after 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    It's tough because he would make an incredible action movie, but would he hit the subtle cultural themes as well?

But also word, I understand why they let Tariq go if that's where they're at with the movie after 2 years.
    If this script encompasses that I'd hope it would still be present no matter the director. The two elements I want maintained in Blade are horror and martial arts. If they find a director that can bring all that together and more great. Jordan Peele is available they should try knocking on his door
    The J-man

"I’m told that the current BLADE script is roughly 90 pages and features exactly TWO (lackluster) action sequences. Mahershala said to be very frustrated with the process. Feige said to be spread too thin. But hey, that’s just what sources are telling me. Don’t shoot the messenger"

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheInSnei...62338700009472

okay now I'm officially worried
    That sounds rough.

Mighty Member

If this script encompasses that I'd hope it would still be present no matter the director. The two elements I want maintained in Blade are horror and martial arts. If they find a director that can bring all that together and more great. Jordan Peele is available they should try knocking on his door
    It was two years ago, but back then he had no interest: https://www.rollingstone.com/tv-movi...reboot-861805/

Also it sounds like they're going to have to overhaul the script too because that report did not sound good at all, and I'm guessing the new director would have a big hand in that.

More to the point, it's why I never believe those random reports that come out about this movie. They don't even have a set script yet and every few months people "leak" which characters and villains are in the movie.

Mighty Member

Actually I'm remembering my hope back before they announced the director was Misha Green (Lovecraft Country)

Niffleheim

"I’m told that the current BLADE script is roughly 90 pages and features exactly TWO (lackluster) action sequences. Mahershala said to be very frustrated with the process. Feige said to be spread too thin. But hey, that’s just what sources are telling me. Don’t shoot the messenger"

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheInSnei...62338700009472

okay now I'm officially worried
    How is this even allowed?
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    How is this even allowed?
    So we are to believe that Kevin has to personally dogwalk every aspect of every Marvel production...? Funny how two of the controversial flicks have been Blade and Black Panther, wonder why? Poor Mr. Ali has been kicking around, getting older for the last 3 yrs. At this point we can't get Donald Glover to direct this...? Maybe Marvel needs to stop being so rigid with micromanagement.

Niffleheim

But 90 pages when they are just about to start shooting?
    Last edited by Tofali; 09-28-2022 at 04:44 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

But 90 pages when they are just about to start shooting?
    Most scripts (and probably some of your favorites) aren't completed prior to filming.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Most scripts (and probably some of your favorites) aren't completed prior to filming.
    You're lying? lmao! You've got me screaming with laughter here. Is the director riffing over 90 pages?

You're lying? lmao! You've got me screaming with laughter here. Is the director riffing over 90 pages?
    Well typically one page equals to one minute of film time. So it's over 90 minutes, excluding rewrites and additions. That's not out of the ordinary.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Well typically one page equals to one minute of film time. So it's over 90 minutes, excluding rewrites and additions. That's not out of the ordinary.
    Really? OK. Still surprised that all the dialogue and worldbuilding in 90 pages. I need to read more about moviemaking coz this is strange.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    So we are to believe that Kevin has to personally dogwalk every aspect of every Marvel production...? Funny how two of the controversial flicks have been Blade and Black Panther, wonder why? Poor Mr. Ali has been kicking around, getting older for the last 3 yrs. At this point we can't get Donald Glover to direct this...? Maybe Marvel needs to stop being so rigid with micromanagement.
    Should've just went with Wesley. The masses want him back whether some like it or not.

Ask Guillermo del Toro to come back. Blade 2 was awesome.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest