Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    I am truly having trouble following your logic here.

Random actor was a jerk and assumed Chadwick was pampered.

Chadwick didn't want to be public about his illness.

He passed away and the company he worked for is creating something, in part, in his honor.

Whether commercial art can be authentic about anything is a conversation. I don't see how you're connecting that point to Chadwick not wanting to be public with his illness....like do you think his family acknowledging he passed away publicly was violating his wishes somehow?
    First you have to answer how your creating something in someone's honor when you know it's against his wishes and character. lol. Ya'll can't have it both ways. The point was chadwick didn't want it known and when he himself knew what his joruney was he said BP was bigger than him so all this is not for him so the very least i ask for is people to stop acting like it is. When he said his public piece and marvel and no one else can change that. It's disingenuous, neurotic, sad, and i want to say condor like but they are nice creatures. No one will guilt me into sympathizing with their imagine pain when they are still here. And it's wrong to try to do it to other. And one day when the reel is played of chad's final interviews and disney's campaign of we miss him friends, history will write the true story of what it looked like. They can ignore it now but not forever, no one ever can. And i'm truly out now cause i'm bored.
    Last edited by jwatson; 09-29-2022 at 06:52 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    The ppl working and making the movie equated the legacy and the death of a real person with a fictional character and then made the death of a real person into a story of a movie. It might not be a cancer story as far as we know but it is crass whichever way you look at it.
    What about that is crass exactly. This has actually been done in television and film over the years to honor actor who prematurely passed by allowing their coworkers and fans into that grieving process. Is it crass when musicians sell songs about their friends who passed?

https://www.buzzfeed.com/noradominic...o-shows-movies

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    First you have to answer how your creating something in someone's honor when you know it's against his wishes and character. lol. Ya'll can't have it both ways. The point was chadwick didn't want it known and when he himself knew what his joruney was he said BP was bigger than him so all this is not for him so the very least i ask for is people to stop acting like it is. When he said his public peace and marvel and no one else can change that. It's disingenuous, neurotic, sad, and i want to say condor like but they are nice creatures. No one will guilt me into sympathizing with their imagine pain when they are still here. And it's wrong to try to do it to other. And one day when the reel is played of chad's final interviews and disney's campaign of we miss him friends, history will write the true story of what it looked like. They can ignore it now but not forever, no one ever can. And i'm truly out now cause i'm bored.
    What exactly is against his wishes. Detail that. Please demonstrate exactly where Chadwick stated "if you don't immediately recast me and ignore the fact that I passed in the VERY next movie, you are violating my wishes"

Again, see my point on many recast people being unreasonable.

You also didn't answer the question. How is acknowledging his death violating his wishes? Do you think when people choose to keep their health private they're expecting everyone to just act like nothing happen if/when they die?
    Last edited by Tracks; 09-29-2022 at 07:11 PM.

I’m sorry but isn’t this thread supposed to be about Blade? Anyways I’m hoping issues with production get sorted out. Last thing I want is for Ali’s talent to be wasted.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Mighty Member

Connected to a conspiracy that marvel was trying to erase Blade and Black Panther. And same. Last thing we need is what happened with Idris Elba and Dark Tower.

Connected to a conspiracy that marvel was trying to erase Blade and Black Panther. And same. Last thing we need is what happened with Idris Elba and Dark Tower.
    Hm, well T’Challas future is concerning for me across all mediums given Marvel loves MCU synergy. As for Blade, he’ll be fine. Even though Ali will be in his early 50’s by the time the film is complete.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Hm, well T’Challas future is concerning for me across all mediums given Marvel loves MCU synergy. As for Blade, he’ll be fine. Even though Ali will be in his early 50’s by the time the film is complete.
    Which I'm also fine with. I've lowkey always wanted an old man Blade story. Most we've ever gotten is that vision in the War of Realms one shot.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    EmperorJones, Jabare...you guy spoke eloquently about the recast issue. I would still insist that Marvel had options, and their decision to just phase out Black Panther, the character is wrong. I don't buy for a minute that the company is going all in to "honor" Chadwick.
    They didn't even have to shoot the movie right away. It's not like he died during production like Paul Walker. They could've delayed the sequel until time had past to recast him.

Which I'm also fine with. I've lowkey always wanted an old man Blade story. Most we've ever gotten is that vision in the War of Realms one shot.
    Then bring back Wesley. Hugh Jackman, Andrew Garfield, Tobey Maguire and Patrick Stewart got to taste MCU. Wesley deserves it.

october, no Blade one-shot or mini series for Halloween? That's awful.

not all Marvel movies are hits (to me) but I generally trust Kevin Feige and what he has built. In the last 12+ years he hasn't given me cause for serious concerns. Will see what happens.

The creative process isn't always easy. Disney tends to have a better track record than most and is usually more forward thinking than their competitors.

In the comics I still feel like Blade is the cameo guy lately. I know he's in Al-Out Avengers and the Midnight Suns mini. But those are teams of 8(+) other heroes. I've been waiting for the Midnight Suns video game to get to Blade. They've put out features and videos on every other hero but him and Ghost Rider.

The Ubisoft videogame rumor has been denied by Ubisoft.
    The J-man

The relationship between Marvel and Blade will always be strange to me.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    Then bring back Wesley. Hugh Jackman, Andrew Garfield, Tobey Maguire and Patrick Stewart got to taste MCU. Wesley deserves it.
    I still hope they let Wesley be Blade one more time. If I had to guess, they're gonna wait til the multiversal wars movie and I bet we get a scene with Wesley and Mahershala

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    october, no Blade one-shot or mini series for Halloween? That's awful.
    The daughter is getting the one-shot, I think his one shot is scheduled for November

Not a big fan of whom they've cast to play Blade. Dude is too old. They should have cast a younger actor and locked him into contracts for many movies to come - like they did it with Chris Hemsworth, Tom Holland and so on.

The original Blade movie came out in 1998. Wesley Snipes was 36 year old, when he played that role. A great age for an actor, who is supposed to star in a trilogy, which spans over a decade. Mahershala Ali, the new Blade actor is 48 years old now. He'll probably be almost 60, when his role is coming to an end. Even Robert Downey Jr. was younger, when he first played Iron Man at 43 years. And that's for a character like Tony Stark, who doesn't have to be as physical and agile as Blade. Even Oscar Isaac is younger at 43 years and he has the luxury of playing a completely mummified character, so the age doesn't show as much.