Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Strikeforce was just a weird collection of semi popular characters thrown together to milk some money outta the fans.

They were barely foils to one another, good characters but just a bad cast in general.

Read the FCBD story with Blade’s daughter. It sucked. Really not looking forward to this.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

edit- nvm I'm trying to keep it positive in here
    Last edited by Jabare; 05-09-2022 at 07:36 PM.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Read the FCBD story with Blade’s daughter. It sucked. Really not looking forward to this.
    A story by Danny Lore sucked? I'm shocked. Tim Seeley would have been better, but I want this character to fade into obscurity so Lore is perfect. It's bad enough that this character may find her way into the MCU.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 05-09-2022 at 11:34 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    A story by Danny Lore sucked? I'm shocked. Tim Seeley would have been better, but I want this character to fade into obscurity so Lore is perfect. It's bad enough that this character may find her way into the MCU.
    And when you take into account that Mahershala Ali will be 50 by the time this movie comes out…
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    And when you take into account that Mahershala Ali will be 50 by the time this movie comes out…
    maxresdefault.jpg

Somebody at Disney must hate Blade if handing the franchise over to his daughter is the plan.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 05-10-2022 at 07:07 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

let's just see what happens. Trusting in Feige here.

That said Blade is litterally the last Marvel film I have any expectations for and if it doesn't work out it's going to save me a lot of money longterm
    The J-man

Mighty Member

Yea this is pretty extra. The whole story was 2 pages. Looks like the character is gonna be more marketed towards middle school/high school ages for their champions line. I'll probably check it out but it's clearly not being marketed towards Blades fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Yea this is pretty extra. The whole story was 2 pages. Looks like the character is gonna be more marketed towards middle school/high school ages for their champions line. I'll probably check it out but it's clearly not being marketed towards Blades fans.
    What I’m thinking aswell

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I just read that Judgement Day FCBD issue with the daughter of Blade short story.

It was all of 4 pages. It's function was that of a teaser and largely a promise that says, "We have not forgotten about her from 7yrs ago, here she comes, for real this time".

I found nothing in those 4 pages worthy of such damnation as sucked but hey you have at your hyperbole.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Mighty Member

Exactly. Maybe someone might not like it, but all this for a handful of panels is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I just read that Judgement Day FCBD issue with the daughter of Blade short story.

It was all of 4 pages. It's function was that of a teaser and largely a promise that says, "We have not forgotten about her from 7yrs ago, here she comes, for real this time".

I found nothing in those 4 pages worthy of such damnation as sucked but hey you have at your hyperbole.
    If you think “sucked” is heavy damnation you have thin skin indeed.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

maxresdefault.jpg

Somebody at Disney must hate Blade if handing the franchise over to his daughter is the plan.
    Probably the same people gunning to erase T'Challa. None of this is a surprise at all if that is the path they take.I love Ali, but the first thing I thought was how old dude was. However this tends to occur frequently where good black actors have to work longer before they get the better roles.

Ultimate Member

maxresdefault.jpg

Not if that is someone looking over at Buffy The Vampire Slayer or My Babysitter is a Vampire or the mess known as The Vampire Dairies.

And not to mention any other female lead vampire slayer book line.

So from that standpoint I can understand what they are doing.

However I would NOT do it by tossing Blade aside.

Marvel is going nuts with this inclusion. It’s going to hurt the franchise.