Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    well looks like MArvel just cast Blade's daughter

guess will see how this film turns out
    I missed this news. Went and found a link for anyone else as well.
    I'm still being positive about her full on comic debut. However, if this is a casting of Fallon then Marvel tends to give the character a solid push.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Mighty Member

these media have sites have been a bit obsessed with fallon grey for years. reminder, that character officially doesn't exist. i'm still very skeptical they cast brielle already. I wouldn't be surprised if she was referenced towards the end of the movie or see in a flash forward at the end of the movie, but for this to be a key role already makes me think this is someone else.

Mighty Member

Cool to see Aaron writing Blade back in the 40s. Very brief, but I like when writers remember that he's been around for a century.

Mighty Member

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Cool to see Aaron writing Blade back in the 40s. Very brief, but I like when writers remember that he's been around for a century.
    Different canon

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Different canon
    different universe, but based on the fact that Blade's been around that long

Mighty Member

If Marvel's going through with Blade's daughter, do it right. Introduce her. Write her and develop her. Don't just randomly introduce her and be like here she is.

The fact that we've just gotten articles and lip service over the years doesn't bode well. If marvel wants Bloodline to be a genuine character, Blade should have had a series or ongoing that introduced her following that natural narrative.

I'm just not sure what the thought process is behind this character. Someone saw Michone from the Walking Dead and wanted that in Marvel, or they just wanted Buffy so they could capture that and make a CW tv show. I don't think Marvel even has a plan for the character.
    The J-man

I'm not against new characters off-hand but I'm not sure we need a Blade daughter.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not against new characters off-hand but I'm not sure we need a Blade daughter.
    I'm not sure we need 90% of the Legacy or "Inspired by" characters we've got....but we've got them.

I do agree it would've been nice for Blade to have an ongoing where a daughter introduction might could be more organic.

We got her actual debut in that 4 page FCBD piece then she is going to next show up in that Crypt of Shadows horror anthology in October. Or is she slated for somewhere else in between?
    I'm going to give her a change though.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'm not sure we need 90% of the Legacy or "Inspired by" characters we've got....but we've got them.

I do agree it would've been nice for Blade to have an ongoing where a daughter introduction might could be more organic.

We got her actual debut in that 4 page FCBD piece then she is going to next show up in that Crypt of Shadows horror anthology in October. Or is she slated for somewhere else in between?
    I'm going to give her a change though.
    I... I'm not.

Conceptually kinda bankrupt, but more than that... Wait for years for a Blade movie, a blade ongoing, hell a blade halloween special; Blade starts to get used?
    Get's the X-23 treatment. Its just irksome. gonna pass and hope she fades away.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

I just want a mini with Blade at this point. C’mon Marvel you keep putting out so much trash, you can give me that.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Mighty Member

At this point, doesn't seem like we'll get anything close until the Midnight Sons mini. On the one end I appreciate marvel keeping him around, but we've really only gotten on story over the last few years that have really leaned on Blade as a character.

The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    I... I'm not.

Conceptually kinda bankrupt, but more than that... Wait for years for a Blade movie, a blade ongoing, hell a blade halloween special; Blade starts to get used?
    Get's the X-23 treatment. Its just irksome. gonna pass and hope she fades away.
    The character is not going to fade away because Marvel comics never admits that's it wrong.

They will give it a comic that will bomb.

Cartoon appearance that will bomb.

Eventually a Disney+ show or special around Halloween that will bomb.

Once all that gets done bombing, Marvel Comics in it's infinite wisdom will just say "I guess Blade just isn't very popular" Nevermind the fact that the character isn't Blade. Remember when that New Warriors revamp was laughed off the internet?
    Last edited by Anthony W; 07-21-2022 at 10:48 AM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest