Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Hey Blade fans, remember how the 1994 ongoing was cancelled prematurely and ended on a cliffhanger that did not resolved the Dracula plot?. if you pick up Ghost Rider one shot this week, you see a history of the Ghost riders and they go to the era of the Midnight Sons as you see Vengeance( Michael Badilino), Morbius and Blade confronting Dracula(as he appeared in the 1994 Blade series complete with the skull cape, see pic) which highly likely Ben Percy way of resolving a unresolved story from that Blade series which heavily implied to be not the real Dracula but a fusion of Frank Drake and Hannibal King.

https://storage.googleapis.com/hipco...f1063f-800.jpg

can't post image of what 90s Dracula look like here, too big but here's the link, hope it works.

Mighty Member

I went back to read crescent city blues, and I forgot they kinda retconned that original Dracula plot, which probably made it easy for Percy to resolve quickly with Vengeance just taking down Dracula.

Also re-reading that story, I'm pretty sure they're going to end up basing the movie somewhat on it. They also just hired the costume director from Black Panther.

Fantastic Member

I'm not opposed to Blade having a daughter-be it Fallon Grey or Brielle/Bloodline. However, I don't want him having a daughter that comes at the expense of Marvel-finally-doing more to make Blade an A-list character. They've never properly taken care of the gift the Wesley Snipes/David Goyer films gave them.

The occasional bones here and there are of varying quality, and some of the books have given Blade very questionable hairstyles. I like the idea of Blade having a daughter because that could bring a new dimension to the character and his world, and that means that somewhere, someway, he had sex (and it would be nice to see more Black male characters who aren't eunuchs). But Brielle gives me Krista (from Blade: The Series) vibes, where she will be the not so stealth main character and Blade will just be the brand name hook for her. My hope is that she's not depicted always disrespecting her father or he's not always apologizing for something.

Mighty Member

I think I agree with that. I think he would benefit from additional characters in his world. As it stands I think all of the "Blade" characters are dead and gone. All his Tomb of Dracula and nightstalker people are gone (Hannibal King received a cure for vampirism right? Or at least a cure for the thirst). There are those two hunters from his 2000 series that we never saw again and I guess his father who they're ignoring. His connection with Spitfire seems to have faded. So I'm not mad at them bringing back Safron and a daughter.

Also I think Aaron provided a subtle justification for Blade in historic avengers arc in that apparently man-thing was also a part of the team and Blade is currently on and off raising boy-thing.

Mighty Member

So in November, we're potentially getting Blade in All-Out Avengers, Avengers, Midnight Sons, and his Vampire State one-shot. Maybe in Black Panther if Ridley chooses to throw him in with the Avengers there.

The Forgiven are back-- I certainly didn't ask for them. I don't even see how they have a "cult" following. Seriously. Blade's already here, and of course Morbius, now here's a bunch more "misunderstood, heroic" vampires.

I'd like Blade to kill them all. But I'm willing to bet that some writer wants to do a story where Blade gets pwned by them..

https://www.gamesradar.com/marvels-v...ngers-in-2023/

Mighty Member

I disagree a bit, I have a feeling they're trying to set up a "universe" or vampire corner of the marvel universe that's bigger than Blade so his stories can carry more weight. I think they're anticipating the movies to be successful. Lets look at the major developments:

Dracula has a vampire state set in Chernobyl

There's an entire vampire dimension that the mutants have access to (Sevalith)

Moon Knight is dealing with a vampire order called the Structure

They're introducing Bloodline and now re-introducing the Forgiven.

I think they're honestly just trying to make Blade's world big enough to sustain a series of books. I think the issue right now is it doesn't feel like this is developed for Blade, it feels more like Blade is just one part of this overall corner.
    Last edited by Tracks; 08-31-2022 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    I disagree a bit, I have a feeling they're trying to set up a "universe" or vampire corner of the marvel universe that's bigger than Blade so his stories can carry more weight. I think they're anticipating the movies to be successful. Lets look at the major developments:

I think they're honestly just trying to make Blade's world big enough to sustain a series of books. I think the issue right now is it doesn't feel like this is developed for Blade, it feels more like Blade is just one part of this overall corner.
    ghost-blade has to go. no more repetitive names.

I don't trust that Marvel's that coordinated to pull that off. If it's one written crafting that narrative I'd buy it, but I don't see the cohesiveness in the supernatural and vampire store we've gotten over the last few years. There's a vampire nation, and I'm not sure if any larger storyline will come of it

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    The Forgiven are back-- I certainly didn't ask for them. I don't even see how they have a "cult" following. Seriously. Blade's already here, and of course Morbius, now here's a bunch more "misunderstood, heroic" vampires.

I'd like Blade to kill them all. But I'm willing to bet that some writer wants to do a story where Blade gets pwned by them..

https://www.gamesradar.com/marvels-v...ngers-in-2023/
    ugh. X-men and vampire stories are always so dull
    The J-man

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    ghost-blade has to go. no more repetitive names.
    Yea thats pretty unoriginal

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post

Agreed.

Blade isn't a bad character, but his corner of the MU needs far more development

Astonishing Member

I'm curious on real life events with the War in Ukraine affects the Vampire Nation. I mean Russia did made a deal with Dracula for Chernobly maybe, they had a arrangement. So maybe in the Marvel U, the Ukraine invasion happened but differently the Russian military been advised not to messed with the Vampire Nation unlike real life which Russian military did attack and fought in Chernobyl to the point that many wonder if Russian sending men there is suicide with the radioactivity.

The Marvel Midnight Suns twitter is trolling at this point. Everyone else gets video histories and highlights. But Blade just gets the tweet they put out today.
    The J-man

Mighty Member

I think that was a part of the random Twitter trend of companies tweeting out their one word descriptions.

Mighty Member

Blade was in all-out Avengers. It really seems like they're making his supernatural awareness his strongest power. Again he was the only one to notice their minds had been altered.