Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    If the script is being changed can they get rid of the kid?
    I think the blogs hopped on it Blade's kid being in it. All we know is they cast a girl. From the alleged leaked scripts, seems like it was supposed to be Dracula's kid?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    He was in an action role before: Hunger Games: Mockingjay
    True, I forgot about that one

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    I think Ali is a great actor but he wouldn't be my choice and still isn't.
    Same here!!!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    This reminds me of Ava Duvernay before Black Panther. Sounds like major creative differences for Marvel. Surprised they are getting a full rewrite

Reddits picks for new Blade directors
    https://screenrant.com/mcu-directors...-blade-reddit/

I don’t love this list but Jordan Peele and Antoine Fuqua have good proven ranges as directors. The other names while accomplished haven’t shown me everything I want in a Blade film. Will see what happens.

Details about the script

https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2022/...lade-revealed/
    My choices to direct MCU Blade are....

... Christopher Cowan: He has done brilliant work on YouTube, Kingsman, Wonder woman 1, Shang Chi amongst others due to his damn good action design. He is overdue to direct his first movie.

....Chad Stahelski. No explanation needed here.

...F.Gary Gray

...Donnie Yen: He helped choreograph some fights in Blade 2, it would be sweet for Marvel to let him direct MCU Blade.

Finally!!!!

Michael Jai White holding it down. It’s ironic because he and Wesley are tight and the game is clearly drawing heavily from the films with Blades fighting style. He had a funny DJvlad interview where he didn’t want to talk about this role because of an NDA he signed

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    My choices to direct MCU Blade are....

... Christopher Cowan: He has done brilliant work on YouTube, Kingsman, Wonder woman 1, Shang Chi amongst others due to his damn good action design. He is overdue to direct his first movie.

....Chad Stahelski. No explanation needed here.

...F.Gary Gray

...Donnie Yen: He helped choreograph some fights in Blade 2, it would be sweet for Marvel to let him direct MCU Blade.
    Does Donnie Yen direct?
    The J-man

my knock on Comicstorian is that he has casual comic knowledge of Blade and wiki knowledge. I've watched his other videos before and you can tell Blade is not a character he truly tracks
    The J-man

Brielle Brooks is about to inherit one deadly legacy.
    Introduced earlier this year in FREE COMIC BOOK DAY: AVENGERS/X-MEN, the daughter of Blade makes her long-awaited return in BLOODLINE: DAUGHTER OF BLADE by the new hero’s creators, writer Danny Lore and artist Karen S. Darboe.
    Brielle is a good kid, no matter what her teachers say—it's not her fault she's developing vampiric super powers and the undead want to brawl! And as if problems at school aren’t enough, Bri’s got a wild ride ahead of her… she's about to discover she’s the daughter of the infamous vampire hunter and Daywalker known as Blade!
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=184807742

I just wanted a Blade mini where he hunts vampires, werecreatures, and other monsters…
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

I just wanted a Blade mini where he hunts vampires, werecreatures, and other monsters…
    Don't sweat it, Danny Lore is writing it. It will be cancelled faster than the time it takes to boil an egg. This is just fodder for the inevitable D+ show no one will watch.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

This gives me Webtoon vibes
    The J-man

Mighty Member

Don't sweat it, Danny Lore is writing it. It will be cancelled faster than the time it takes to boil an egg. This is just fodder for the inevitable D+ show no one will watch.
    It's a mini series, like almost everything else Marvel is announcing. Seems like they're less willing to risk the uncertainty of on-goings with unexpected timelines. I appreciate it because it allows them to float out these sorts of stories continuously. We get midnight suns, the Blade one-shot, this mini, plus he's still in avengers.

Mighty Member

I'm still in the camp that they're setting up an extended world for Blade. The vampire state has been referenced in moon knight, black widow, wolverine, and the avengers. I'm curious whether midnight suns sets anything else up for him longterm.

I can't imagine the legion of Blade fans begging to read about Bloodline....Sweet Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    I'm still in the camp that they're setting up an extended world for Blade. The vampire state has been referenced in moon knight, black widow, wolverine, and the avengers. I'm curious whether midnight suns sets anything else up for him longterm.
    I hope not. Marvel Comics has pretty much missed the point completely with their take on it.

People become vampires to check out of human society. Instead they want to become a recognized nation so they can...get jobs and pay taxes?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    I can't imagine the legion of Blade fans begging to read about Bloodline....Sweet Christmas.
    I remember guggenheim writing back in 2006 it didn't make sense to write for Blade fans because there weren't enough to sustain a book. I still wish they'd try but to the point, I don't think this book is for Blade fans...its an attempt to expand interest probably

Mighty Member

I hope not. Marvel Comics has pretty much missed the point completely with their take on it.

People become vampires to check out of human society. Instead they want to become a recognized nation so they can...get jobs and pay taxes?
    I think you're thinking about nationhood from an American citizen standpoint as opposed to a global politics stand point. Having a recognized state cedes land to a group where they can establish their rules and order. To not get too deep, you can think of Israel or the attempted indigenous state that became Oklahoma...groups of people historically traumatized are given a sanctuary and can advance their political agenda.

In universe think of the difference between the fake vampire state in that xmen run vs the current vampire state in their interaction with the mutants. In curse of the mutants they turned mutants in an attempt to establish a state. They failed and had most of their state destroyed and were sent fleeing. Same thing happened in captain Britain. Now, the same plot was attempted but krakoa didn't want a full on war with a recognized state and so all they did was interrupt their plan and leave them alone.