Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

that's an interesting idea. I could see that

Do we know if Marvel is planing to intoruce Elsa?

Punisher has no business being part of a Supernatural team. I know the artwork you're talking about. If it's a Punisher series and they do a one-off supernatural story or he's Frankencastle again fine. Marvel has too many characters that work on Midnight Sons to force the Punisher on the team.
    The J-man

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Yep those are the only two times, I have a feeling we might get another Eternals style reveal...maybe just his voice recruiting him to the same team as Black Knight, then I feel like we'll get a few other heroes introduced in his actual movie. You can never trust rumors, but the most consistent rmors about Blade suggest he's gonna introduce several other supernatural heroes.

I have a feeling the Midnight Sons are going to be a combination of the original team, MI:13, and the new team. The biggest issue with them is its always been a largely male dominated team. Although Wanda is a hero, I have a feeling she'll be the villain for them at least the first time (depending on how Strange's movie goes). :

1. Blade
    2. Moon Knight
    3. Black Knight
    4. Elsa Bloodstone
    5. Werewolf by Night and/or Vampire by Night?
    6. Fan-favorite vampire hunter from Blade (one of the Van Helsings?)

Ghost Rider is going to join them down the line, but I don't think they'd want to outshine Blade in his movie just yet. I also have a feeling they're going to want to mix in whichever character from Blade fans like, so many one or two of Quincy Harker's vampire hunters. Strange is an odd one because he's so powerful, but he's technically not sorcerer supreme anymore, so maybe he's involved too.

Also one of my pet peeves, it people *always* lump Punisher in with this team because of some art that went viral even though he's never been on the team, and he's worked with the Night Stalkers once, but even that was more of an accident.
    The whole idea is and has been that he's always somewhere "by accident" I have a few issues back in the day where he's teamed up with Ghost Rider mostly so when they introduced him as cosmic ghost rider I thought "Ah, someone may have been doing some deep dive reading" *shrug* maybe not. I can't help but think though that having the punisher on the team might see more popularity than Elsa Bloodstone. I've seen them "Batman" with characters a lot and I guess ultimately I can't fault an author for using a favorite character either if they have it in mind to do so, happens all the time. One thing that stands out is that the punisher and moonknight seem to really dislike each other and its been going on since at least the 90's. They tended to meet in spiderman and have showdowns, but... blade and moonknight I can't remember them crossing each other much.

It is hilarious in a way...
    I never noticed that the Midnight Sons had the issue of being a frat.
    The biggest issue with them is its always been a largely male dominated team.
    Its... never crossed my mind. I guess because I thought of them as a comics version of a superband more than anything else, they way they took the most popular "Street" magical vigilante types and threw them on an action team. Did Elsa ever have her own book? I mean later, post nightstalkers?
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Elsa has only had one shots and team up events. Her father is a different story.

Punisher makes no sense on the team especially for live action. If you just want a super popular character to draw more viewers throw in Spider-Man or Wolverine. Both those characters are better fits and have closer relationships with the potential team. They aren’t perfect fits either but if you’re forcing such randomness those two are far better options
    The J-man

it looks like Kitt Harrington will be reprising his role as Dan Whitman (the Black Knight) in Blade

The J-man

Mighty Member

So looks like we'll be getting a hybrid of MI:13 and Quincy Harker's vampire slayers.

Astonishing Member

You think Hannibal King will ever appeared in the Blade movie too, and he wasn't seen since the Marc Guggenheim series. I remember in a interview, Jason Aaron expressed that had the idea came to him earlier before he was doing Original Sin, he would had Hannibal be one of the Detectives to solve the mystery of the murdered Utau, Im a fan of Aaron writing and I would follow his interviews and a Tomb of Dracula fan, I remembered that clearly, maybe since Aaron started using Blade, maybe he will use Hannibal soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    You think Hannibal King will ever appeared in the Blade movie too, and he wasn't seen since the Marc Guggenheim series. I remember in a interview, Jason Aaron expressed that had the idea came to him earlier before he was doing Original Sin, he would had Hannibal be one of the Detectives to solve the mystery of the murdered Utau, Im a fan of Aaron writing and I would follow his interviews and a Tomb of Dracula fan, I remembered that clearly, maybe since Aaron started using Blade, maybe he will use Hannibal soon.
    Doubtful for the MCU. Also, the comic incarnation of Hannibal isn't that different from Blade and Morbius anymore.

Marvel could use him, but I don't see it happening in the first films.

Hannibal's been in limbo forever. Guggenheim cured him of his vampirism as well. Although that series doesn't appear to be canon anymore based on Blade's other appearances
    The J-man

Mighty Member

I think its soft canon, like they never reference those stories now, but they did directly lead into MI:13, which they used to reference a bit more frequently.

Either way yea, Hannibal King probably isn't going to pop up again until Blade's next solo. It's also wild that as the movie gets closer we're actually seeing less of the character. I truthfully don't understand it from Marvel's perspective. I can't think of another character with his level of popularity that hasn't gotten a mini or a series in over 10 years.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I just wish we could get a solid creative team on Blade, especially with Ghost Rider getting a solo this month. Percy should definitely use that title to begin reform the Midnight Sons, but make it a bit more modern. I’d have them launch a Blade title to take the place of Morbius, since he’s a Sony Films property, maybe a Voodoo ongoing/mini, I’d love to see the Darkhold involved in some way, but instead of Wanda, maybe have Calypso, Topaz, or Jennifer Kale involved. Speaking of Kale, I really hope she’s in the upcoming Ghost Rider book, since, y’know, they’re related.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Mighty Member

Agreed 100%

Also people are guessing that Wesley Snipes Blade is on the illuminati in Dr. Strange

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Agreed 100%

Also people are guessing that Wesley Snipes Blade is on the illuminati in Dr. Strange
    based on what? I heard Patrick Stewart's voice so I'm thinking X-men maybe eternals

It would be cool if Blade and some other supernatural characters previously mentioned popped up, but I need to hear the logic for this Illuminati theory
    The J-man

Mighty Member

If you go to the trailer when strange first meets the illuminati, there's a silhouette of a character walking towards a chair. It looks like the character is in a trench coat with a sword on his back.

We also know that Marvel edits these trailers around to prevent anyone from guessing anything, but it actually looks really similar.

looks like a job for the Sherrif Blade

The J-man

another Blade casting. We won't see this movie before 2024 at this rate.

I wonder if the script is even ready
    The J-man

Mighty Member

I think it'll be fine. They'll probably start filming this summer.

Also Dark Ages is the one Blade fix, and it's not all that satisfying since he's pretty much wall paper in the story.