Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435 LastLast
    Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Good news. We are back on track

New director!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...el-1235267361/
    Awesome. I really liked the first two seasons of Top Boy and 71 is a really good film.

Yann has pretty interesting article about his life, identity and upbringing at the Guardian

Mighty Member

I like how Midnight Sons is being written. Gives each character a moment every issue. Blade has another nice heroic moment this issue. Conversely all out avengers kinda has him deliver a one liner while cutting no names in half for a couple panels every issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    I like how Midnight Sons is being written. Gives each character a moment every issue. Blade has another nice heroic moment this issue. Conversely all out avengers kinda has him deliver a one liner while cutting no names in half for a couple panels every issue.
    At least he doesn’t get clowned and the art is solid. Several other Avengers are just fighting those LMDs too.

Plus we learned Blade doesn’t use phones lol

I do like that they brought back the Axe for Blade in Midnight Suns
    The J-man

Looks like Blade handles combat training

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jr29AOoTCbA
    The J-man

Looks like Blade handles combat training

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jr29AOoTCbA

I’m a little undecided on the animation. But Blades portrayal was pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I’m a little undecided on the animation. But Blades portrayal was pretty cool.
    Blade's animated short is fine. Michael Jai White does a fantastic job as the voice actor, love the character design too. The action animation is okay. I didn't love it at first but it grew on me.

As for Blade in the game. He's great in combat. Voice acting is great too. Your mileage may very with some of the RPG elements for him and the some of the secondary storylines and plot points. It gets a little Mass Effecty.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Awesome. I really liked the first two seasons of Top Boy and 71 is a really good film.

Yann has pretty interesting article about his life, identity and upbringing at the Guardian
    Just watched the trailer to the New John Wick movie and I'm still pissed Chad Stahelski isn't doing this. https://www.ign.com/articles/john-wi...u-blade-reboot
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

so I'm over 20 hours into the game. The combat is very fun, despite the card system it adds a different element to the strategy part.

This game is very much an RPG. There is so much dialogue and content that you can't ignore. At times Blade and the other characters seem like themselves and at other times they feel more like Saturday Cartoon versions or characters in a Bioware RPG. So far the story isn't as dark as I thought but it's not bad. There is just a lot packed into this game.

I can't think of another story or game that's given Blade this many character interactions with other heroes. Again your mileage may vary with some of the characterizations I can see some people loving this and others rolling their eyes at times
    The J-man

Blade's animated short is fine. Michael Jai White does a fantastic job as the voice actor, love the character design too. The action animation is okay. I didn't love it at first but it grew on me.

As for Blade in the game. He's great in combat. Voice acting is great too. Your mileage may very with some of the RPG elements for him and the some of the secondary storylines and plot points. It gets a little Mass Effecty.
    Actually I like everything except MJW's voice. Wish they would've asked Wesley.

Mighty Member

the game has been great. I definitely wish you didn't have to do so many little tasks between missions.

Mighty Member

Weirdest thing about this game is the decision to make Blade 20 to fit in with the other midnight suns. They references he might be older but he thinks of himself as 20 something

he is physically 20 something but not literally in his 20s as other conversations and texts clearly make him much older. And that's far form the weirdest creative decision they made with Blade in this game
    The J-man

Mighty Member

he is physically 20 something but not literally in his 20s as other conversations and texts clearly make him much older. And that's far form the weirdest creative decision they made with Blade in this game
    The captain marvel crush yea, but it is odd. They keep referring to the midnight sons has inexperienced and as kids with Blade right there. There's one scene where Blade says he thinks of himself as 20....because he lost himself fighting vampires for so long...which just makes no sense because he's clearly gathered wisdom over the years.

The captain marvel crush yea, but it is odd. They keep referring to the midnight sons has inexperienced and as kids with Blade right there. There's one scene where Blade says he thinks of himself as 20....because he lost himself fighting vampires for so long...which just makes no sense because he's clearly gathered wisdom over the years.
    It's really just Ironman that does it. And that doesn't make sense considering he's far younger than Caretaker, The Hunter, Blade, Wolverine and Captain America. Maybe even Captain Marvel it's unclear to me how much MCU synergy they are going for with her. Then at the same time Stark calls the player character boss all the time and it feels weird.

I just beat the game today. It took me a long time. I got all the collections, all the costumes. I read every piece of text, listen to every dialogue choice. They packed so much into this game.

I don't have a big issue with the Captain Marvel and Blade storyline in totality. When I was first getting into it there were some eyeball moments. I don't know how far you are into the game so I won't go into detail because I don't want to spoil things.

The writers were clearly looking for additional story elements for Blade to make him an integral character. Overall he fits in nicely. He's the quartermaster of the team and makes sure everyone is battle ready.

I'm not sure why he has earrings. I did take issue with his current mantra and approach to Vampire hunting (there is a higher level friendship conversation you can unlock the feels off for Blade). I think I had another issue or two with either some dialogue or a character interaction, but I can't remember. I've got to be around 60 hours in so I can't remember everything off hand. I probably would have played this game slower under normal circumstances but I really didn't want to be spoiled. You know how Marvel fans are they spoil everything after a few days.

I'd replay this game for the combat and strategy elements but I wouldn't replay it for the RPG elements. There is so much dialogue into this game it easily consumes half your play through. Not to mention all the collections and text documents. I made sure to do everything because I'm a masochist but not again. Also maxing every characters friendship is a chore. I didn't even bother with the last hero you unlock.
    The J-man

Of course Carol wouldn't return the crush. She likes Robbie from what I hear.
    Last edited by LukeCagefan; 12-13-2022 at 08:39 AM.