Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    I think I disagree with just about everything you just wrote
    That's cool.

haha the watchmen show might be the most successful comic book show..
    Waiting for the mention of awards that have no relevance anymore

..ever just in terms of awards,
    There we go.

and Lore's Blade one-shot is probably one of the better Blade stories of the last few years
    I...really doubt that.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    That's cool.

Waiting for the mention of awards that have no relevance anymore

There we go.

I...really doubt that.
    Emmys don't have relevance anymore? How about viewership? It's cool to say you personally don't like something, it's wild to just say its bad when it was extremely popular and highly rated.

Same thing for her Blade one-shot. Pretty well received by everyone I've seen discuss it.

Emmys don't have relevance anymore? How about viewership? It's cool to say you personally don't like something, it's wild to just say its bad when it was extremely popular and highly rated.

Same thing for her Blade one-shot. Pretty well received by everyone I've seen discuss it.
    Watchman was canned after one season. The most high profile series at the time since Game Of Thrones. One season, and fans like to say "It was only meant to run one season!" Bullpucky you don't think that HBO wasn't ready to pull the trigger on a season two, didn't want to pull the trigger on a season two?

It didn't have the ratings. the ratings for the current television season put Watchmen only 8th in HBO's highest rated shows, behind the likes of Veep (6th), Big Little Lies (4th) and Barry (2nd). The continuing adventures of the glowing blue nudist did beat out His Dark Materials (18th), Silicon Valley (13th) and Ballers (12th).

https://screenrant.com/watchmen-hbo-...ip-popularity/ It didn't have the ratings to justify the second session. Hence the "it was only supposed to be one season" stuff on the part of the fans and forerunners to save face.

As for the Blade one-shot? I'll respect your opinion.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 04-06-2022 at 11:02 AM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    Me too. It has potential. Snipes did a lot of good but I like Blade's English roots. I'd like to see more focus on it as well as Jamal Afari. I know most are familiar with Whistler due to the movies and Spidey cartoon, but I want to learn more of Jamal even if it's in flashbacks.
    Yes, if there's any kind of push give him some depth. This is the route to go. Let's bring in elements that already existed and just tweak them. I would love to see just how Blade was trained to be one of the best fighters in Marvel. I want to see the relationship with man who helped Blade develop the ice cold killer mentality. This mess about a daughter is plain stupid. It has the vibe of how Marvel is trying to slow walk fans of Black Panther into the Shuri character.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Yes, if there's any kind of push give him some depth. This is the route to go. Let's bring in elements that already existed and just tweak them. I would love to see just how Blade was trained to be one of the best fighters in Marvel. I want to see the relationship with man who helped Blade develop the ice cold killer mentality. This mess about a daughter is plain stupid. It has the vibe of how Marvel is trying to slow walk fans of Black Panther into the Shuri character.
    Marvel has a problem with masculinity, especially black masculinity.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Watchman was canned after one season. The most high profile series at the time since Game Of Thrones. One season, and fans like to say "It was only meant to run one season!" Bullpucky you don't think that HBO wasn't ready to pull the trigger on a season two, didn't want to pull the trigger on a season two?

It didn't have the ratings. the ratings for the current television season put Watchmen only 8th in HBO's highest rated shows, behind the likes of Veep (6th), Big Little Lies (4th) and Barry (2nd). The continuing adventures of the glowing blue nudist did beat out His Dark Materials (18th), Silicon Valley (13th) and Ballers (12th).

https://screenrant.com/watchmen-hbo-...ip-popularity/ It didn't have the ratings to justify the second session. Hence the "it was only supposed to be one season" stuff on the part of the fans and forerunners to save face.

As for the Blade one-shot? I'll respect your opinion.
    It didn't get canceled? It was a limited series. The creator said that from the beginning. It doesn't matter what HBO wants if the creator isn't signed for that many seasons. You don't think HBO wanted more seasons of Game of Thrones? It was the creators who decided they were done. This logic of yours isn't working.

Like did you just try to argue the 8th highest rated show on their network is somehow not successful? Like extend your logic. Look at the top ten highest rated shows..how many of them went for multiple seasons.

Exactly. That's because they had a large viewership and creators willing to continue. Like how can you look at the fsct the several of the shows with lower ratings that you yourself picked out went for multiple seasons and contort that it didnt have the ratings for another season. This is just such a bizarre spin. Requires you to ignore the ratings and what everyone involved directly stated.
    Last edited by Tracks; 04-06-2022 at 12:54 PM.

Which Blade one-shot?
    The J-man

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Which Blade one-shot?

She did the death of Dr. Strange Blade one shot.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    Marvel has a problem with masculinity, especially black masculinity.
    Yes, and its killing any kind of enjoyment with the overzealous nature of the moves they're making.

Astonishing Member

Blade made a appearance with rest of the Aaron Avengers team in the cutesy Marvel Meow: Infinity Comic Comic when Dr Shapiro(the High IQ cat from Slott Iron-man(one of the few good things about it I suppose) had the Marvel cats get the Avengers attention and it end with the Avengers including Blade attending to that kitties attention. I recalled Marvel 1000, one of the 1 pagers focus on Blade day to day routine of slaying vampires and Sunday, chilling in his home with his cat. Could this mean Eric Brooks is a kind-hearted cat lover.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Well there’s a good chance T’Challa has to worry about being usurped by more than just his little sister. Ewing let it slip in a podcast there are plans “on the schedule to introduce the product of a son” via X-Men Red. Which strongly hints Hickman’s atrocious plan to give T’Challa a kid by his ex-wife is back on.

But yea, not looking forward to Blade’s daughter and the inevitable push she’ll get to take his place.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Well there’s a good chance T’Challa has to worry about being usurped by more than just his little sister. Ewing let it slip in a podcast there are plans “on the schedule to introduce the product of a son” via X-Men Red. Which strongly hints Hickman’s atrocious plan to give T’Challa a kid by his ex-wife is back on.

wait wait wiat wait wiat WHAT?!
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post

But yea, not looking forward to Blade’s daughter and the inevitable push she’ll get to take his place.
    At times like this I have to take a deep breath and repeat "It's not as bad as DC"

"Lindelof told USA TODAY this week that he's told the story he wants to tell and has no interest in a second season, though he's "given my blessing" to HBO should it want to pursue a new installment with another writer-producer."

In other words...

HBO:: Hey man, we are going to have to cancel this

Damon:: But I ended the first season on a cliffhanger!

HBO:: Yeahhhh...sorry

Damon:: Can you at least let me say it was my decision to leave and you didn't want to do the show without me?

HBO:: Okay.

HBO won't pursue second season of 'Watchmen' after creator bows out https://www.usatoday.com

Mighty Member

So in your version of events HBO chose to cancel its 8th most successful show in terms of overall viewership that had won multiple awards because it was secretly bad...and unlike all the other shows that are plainly cancelled for those reasons, they manufactured a conspiracy...but they couldn't get past you.

Or maybe it was a limited series that HBO didn't extend after the creator ended it.

Like I said it's fine if YOU didn't like a show. Inventing a conspiracy to try and make your opinion objective is bizarre. The first episode broke a viewership record for the network and by the last episode it was their most successful new series since big little lies (which had 2 seasons with similar viewership).