Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Nice thought, but I can't see Hickman allowing good, honest and honorable heroes to win against the group he's got going now. It wouldn't fit with the 'evil is good when it get's things done' that I think is one of the main themes of this story.

Quote Originally Posted by morgothsenior View Post
    That would be interesting.

For myself, I'm hoping that the last incursion we see is a world populated by pre-Secret War classic versions of the Marvel heroes who are truly horrified by how ethically compromised their 616 counterparts are--and then proceed to kick 616's asses.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    I can't tell if you're calling me a hater or not trident. I'm Pro-Namor. I LIKE him as Black Adam.
    If you are... I'm going to just laugh at you for being pedantic. Hahaha, "haters" puff daddy would be proud.
    If you mean the rest of them them, yeah, there's some ridiculously shallow outrage on these threads sometimes.
    Still
    Namor: The Destroyer is an appropriate title of a titular bad guy.
    I would call him Namor: Tortured Hero...
    ..but I think, I think "The Destroyer" is who he is now.
    The people who loved Namor as a Noble hero WERE NOT WRONG, he was awesome. He's STILL awesome
    He's just in the businesses of destroying worlds now, I don't hate him for it, I actually was really surprised that he pulled that trigger (I thought it would be reed). I even respect the character a bit, for doing what everyone came to do, I understand he's dealing with it as "Self-determination", and I can tell it sucks for him after seeing these pics with thanos killing hyperion,
    but "We're all monsters now"

I like his "End Speech" also.
    "everything dies..."
    Its easy to hate him but I would like to see the detractors against Namor actually hold that trigger and asks themselves if they can push it.
    Namor The destroyer of worlds has a much nicer ring to it.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    "So who has been giving you that haircut"

I would love for someone to ask what happened to his hair.
    i like his new hair cut tho..he seems so youthful..and annoying

Quote Originally Posted by Loulou View Post
    Oh man... This looks totally nuts!!! And I agree, Namor is definitely having some second thoughts about unleashing these people on these other Earths. I wonder if Doom will help?!
    Namor & Doom are the best tag team in marvel comics!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    What happens when Namor runs into a world where Atlantis has conquered the surface world and created a paradise with another Namor in charge?
    The X-men Forever Universe and House of M Earth. That should be the next Incursion Earths--The Cabal should destroy both of those worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by morgothsenior View Post
    That would be interesting.

For myself, I'm hoping that the last incursion we see is a world populated by pre-Secret War classic versions of the Marvel heroes who are truly horrified by how ethically compromised their 616 counterparts are--and then proceed to kick 616's asses.
    If Only.

It would satisfy the part of me that did not get the conclusion to Alan Moore's 1963 Annual. I thought Bendis would have done that when he brought the 05 X-men into the future.
    Last edited by ExcelsiorPrime; 08-28-2014 at 06:28 PM.

WAIT A SEC.
    this issue happens 8 months after the events of the last issue right?
    it might be namor confessing to doom the price he paid to make this still exist

lol what is maximus doing in that panel though

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I don't think Hickman wants anyone to side with anyone in this tale, I think he wants us to hate them all.
    That's why I think this divide has been executed better than "Civil War," where one side ended up clearly the "bad guys."

Here, we have Cap's side that has no solution to the incursion problem and instead of focusing his efforts on finding one, he is instead more concerned with getting the Illuminati, blaming them for destroying a world to save two universes.
    Then there's the Illuminati who created the world-busting bombs but elected not to use them, literally doing nothing in the face of multi-universal destruction.
    Then we have Namor, who destroyed a world to save two universes but who has now allied with the Cabal to help him destroy more worlds to save his own planet and universe.

Nobody is truly right here. And I find that fascinating.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

BANNED

And Namor has saved nothing or there would be no Cabal.

He merely bought more time--and clearly the Cabal as of now has no way of stopping the incursions. The Universe is still in danger.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    The X-men Forever Universe and House of M Earth. That should be the next Incursion Earths--The Cabal should destroy both of those worlds.

If Only.

It would satisfy the part of me that did not get the conclusion to Alan Moore's 1963 Annual. I thought Bendis would have done that when he brought the 05 X-men into the future.
    This made me Tee-hee they should also destroy the Days of Futures past universe as well.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

If I'm not mistaken the "House of M" universe was being eaten by the Galactus that Terrax the Truly Enlightened served.

Nobody is truly right here. And I find that fascinating.
    I agree. I find life, real life to be filled with situations like this complex issues like abortion, the death penalty, wars in general.
    Its often "Less wrong" and its not so easy to hate these characters to me, its really HARD for me to hate Namor.
    Actually, I straight up CAN'T bring myself to be too mad at him, he's on a path I'd like to NOT be on, but really...
    ...really I wouldn't blame anyone for "Measuring lives" as Cap says.

In someways I feel like in that same position, I'd be like... "I'll kill whatever comes out of these Universe Holes... you guys find an answer." I understand that concept as a warrior myself. In someway its about framing. . . I'm enjoying hickmans run because I'm really never sure whats going to happen next. So much so that I'm reading the companion piece. Also... WTH, Is that Captain Britain?

And Namor has saved nothing or there would be no Cabal.

He merely bought more time--and clearly the Cabal as of now has no way of stopping the incursions. The Universe is still in danger.
    Well, he saved the two universes from that particular incursion.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

I am become Namor the destroyer of worlds.
    Game Over man! Game Over!

In the Zombieverse, did the zombies ever succeed in infecting Thanos? Imagine if the Cabal wound up on some Zombie Earth unaware than hand-to-hand combat might not be the best option ...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    WAIT A SEC.
    this issue happens 8 months after the events of the last issue right?
    it might be namor confessing to doom the price he paid to make this still exist
    The comics are jumping eight months ahead of the release schedule for us in the real world. It may be as little as days or weeks in the story.
    And Namor has saved nothing or there ! be no Cabal.

Technically, their current methods would eventually put a stop to the Incursions. I'm sure there's a better solution out there to be discovered, but buying more time is essential, as time is needed for (probably someone else) to find a better way.

If I'm not mistaken the "House of M" universe was being eaten by the Galactus that Terrax the Truly Enlightened served.
    Nah, that was a different universe.

Amazing Member

God, have to wait an entire month for this issue. And we also have Strange doing his own schemes!

The "House of M" universe was just a warped 616 as I understood the story, it was restored at the end of the story.

----

Really tough to see the Squadron taken down that way here. I liked what JMS was doing with them, but I will tell myself this is just an inferior variation of them, like the different Illuminati versions we already saw killed earlier in the story.