Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rochedalaix View Post
    This made me Tee-hee they should also destroy the Days of Futures past universe as well.
    Yaassssss. Please

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    The X-men Forever Universe and House of M Earth. That should be the next Incursion Earths--The Cabal should destroy both of those worlds.

Why? We've already encountered two mutant led worlds?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Why? We've already encountered two mutant led worlds?
    Not because I hate either world/universe ( I actually love X-men Forever)...But I want to see how far Namor would have to go for some to say..whoaa... he went too far... I don't think there is a threshold.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Not because I hate either world/universe ( I actually love X-men Forever)...But I want to see how far Namor would have to go for some to say..whoaa... he went too far... I don't think there is a threshold.
    I don't think so either, but I don't think this is a good yardstick for anyone to judge humanity against which seems to be what some are looking for.
    Too far for what, ExcelsiorPrime? He's often been on the borderlands of morality as it was. So he's a king, and a warrior, a conqueror and a hero to his people. He's doing the things that in someways are expected of kings when confronted with hostile or dangerous foreign forces. He's allied with Doom, Magneto, Evil Cyclops/Phoenix, even in the early years of comics
    Namor was one of the 1st anti-heroes: He Flooded Manhattan, and regularly attacked New york...
    This sort of thing he's doing is... "Bigger" but its not tremendously out of character for him if you look at all the things he's done over the years. You have to just like him or love to hate him.
    I frankly just like him, for all the people who complain about where this series is going I'm just glad it hasn't
    become a terrible reboot ploy like DC uses. Our heroes go spend time with their families (personal demons... a good book) wait... 616 is no more, and our Story is continued on
    EARTH 652!
    I'm okay with giving the author a chance to finish telling his tale.

Namor went too far ages ago. That he doesn't care is what made him fun. Tho right now I'm just happy Thanos is having a good time.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Namor went too far ages ago. That he doesn't care is what made him fun. Tho right now I'm just happy Thanos is having a good time.
    Clap. Clap. Clap. Exactly.

BANNED

Why are you so obsessed with getting people to not like Namor?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Everyone sure likes going over to Doom's place these days with its well stocked wine cellar. It's great to see Doom and Namor together again. A few of us fans asked if he would get around to having more scenes of them together Hickman's old tumblr Q & A a couple of years ago and he is finally getting around to it. *does the Snoopy happy dance*

I had to admit I laughed a bit at Proxima Midnight choking out Wonder Woman and Power Girl ( I think) getting run through by Corvious Glave. Hickman is corrupting us!
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-29-2014 at 02:18 AM.

The problem i have is that the Namor heel turn Cabel means that Black Swan is a villian. I kinda would like her to stick around and continue to help the avengers.
    Well ther goes that dream
    Truth is the best policy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    I can't tell if you're calling me a hater or not trident. I'm Pro-Namor. I LIKE him as Black Adam.
    If you are... I'm going to just laugh at you for being pedantic. Hahaha, "haters" puff daddy would be proud.
    If you mean the rest of them them, yeah, there's some ridiculously shallow outrage on these threads sometimes.
    Still
    Namor: The Destroyer is an appropriate title of a titular bad guy.
    I would call him Namor: Tortured Hero...
    ..but I think, I think "The Destroyer" is who he is now.
    The people who loved Namor as a Noble hero WERE NOT WRONG, he was awesome. He's STILL awesome
    He's just in the businesses of destroying worlds now, I don't hate him for it, I actually was really surprised that he pulled that trigger (I thought it would be reed). I even respect the character a bit, for doing what everyone came to do, I understand he's dealing with it as "Self-determination", and I can tell it sucks for him after seeing these pics with thanos killing hyperion,
    but "We're all monsters now"

I like his "End Speech" also.
    "everything dies..."

EDIT:
    I genuinely DON'T know Mark, but that's what makes this comic so compelling in my eyes, if an issue or so from now that's exactly what Namor comes across, it would be totally awesome and just for him to come across that. Moreso, exciting to see what happens then.
    I'd imagine he'd turn on his cabal, help the other namor... and replace him. Imperious REX!
    Chill. I wasn't calling you a hater. I'm referring to the usual suspects who will do anything to throw sand on other character just to avoid anyone addressing how foolish their favorite character and his situation is. Namor will not be the "Great Destroyer" at the end of this tail. If those who try so hard to defame him on this board actually read any of his stories they would realize how compassionate the character can really be and that his pompous demaner at times can be a false face.

They also wouldn't continually pretending to be ignorant to the fact that the Phoenix is a cosmic force that controls it's victims and how the primary opponent in the AvX saga has continued to profess how he was possesed in the present day.

But no for years now we keep getting the same negativity and hate from the same people over minor characters that recovered in a weeks time as if the event happen yesterday. Even after they got what they wanted with the destruction of Atlantis

We continue to hear the same old tired complaints and veil spewing of hatered towards Namor.

Funny thing is before all this business started many Namor fans could careless about the Black Panther or his country and several of us could careless even now. They barley touched his spear of influence and I for one can't wait until that day returns.
    Last edited by Trident; 08-29-2014 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Chill. I wasn't calling you a hater. I'm referring to the usual suspects who will do anything to throw sand on other character just to avoid anyone addressing how foolish their favorite character and his situation is. Namor will not be the "Great Destroyer" at the end of this tail. If those who try so hard to defame him so hard on this board actually read any of his stories they would realize how compassionate the character can really be and that his pompous demaner at times can be a false face.

They also wouldn't continually portending to be ignorant to the fact that the Phoenix is a cosmic force that controls it's victims and how the primary opponent in the AvX saga has continued to profess how he was possesed in the present day.

But no for years now we keep getting the same negativity and hate from the same people over minor character that recovered in a weeks time as if the event happen yesterday. Even after they got what they wanted with the destruction of Atlantis

We continue to hear the same old tired complaints and veil spewing of hatered towards Namor.

Funny thing is before all this business started many Namor fans could careless about the Black Panther or his country and several of us could careless even now. They barley touched his spear of influence and I for one can't wait until that day returns.
    I agree with your hope about Black Panther and Namor having nothing to do with each other. I have never cared about Namor and I doubt I ever will. I try to avoid books with Namor in them but new avengers had Iron Man, Black Panther, Black Bolt and Doctor Strange so I decided to grin and bear it. As for this upcoming issue, I hope Doom sides with the Illuminati and not the Cabal.

Quote Originally Posted by DeamonSnow View Post
    I agree with your hope about Black Panther and Namor having nothing to do with each other. I have never cared about Namor and I doubt I ever will. I try to avoid books with Namor in them but new avengers had Iron Man, Black Panther, Black Bolt and Doctor Strange so I decided to grin and bear it. As for this upcoming issue, I hope Doom sides with the Illuminati and not the Cabal.
    I actually preferred when Namor and Black Panther were allies. When it was them, Doom, Black Bolt, (and Magneto at one point) as the monarchs that set the real world in motion, while other heroes played at world building. I'd love to see a return to that status quo. The five kings. But to do that, Namor and T'Challa have to resolve their feud.

As a fictional character, I enjoy reading about Namor. But as a person, I despise him. He comes off as a big punk who needs to have his butt kicked. And that's why I'd like to see T'Challa kill him. Narratively it'd be one of the few times that T'Challa has been allowed to avenge something outside of his solo titles, and it'd allow Namor to have that butt-kicking Namor needs on his resume to be more likable in-universe. Besides, it's Marvel. He'd be dead at most for a year or two, and then he could come back as pompous as ever.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    I actually preferred when Namor and Black Panther were allies. When it was them, Doom, Black Bolt, (and Magneto at one point) as the monarchs that set the real world in motion, while other heroes played at world building. I'd love to see a return to that status quo. The five kings. But to do that, Namor and T'Challa have to resolve their feud.
    This pretty much only took place in the Black Panther title and was largely ignored by the larger MU. Most of the stories Namor was involved in there had no baring on him or the other characters invovled greater myoths and can be largely ignored. I would much rather Namor have 0 involvement with T'Challa after Hickman is done with his story. For while Namor and his "narrative" had brought purpose and to some extent meaning to T'Challa the later has yet to bring anything that the character didn't already have or could get from some where else.

Just really over it at this point lol
    Last edited by Trident; 08-29-2014 at 07:37 AM.

Preview looks fantastic. I like Walker but to me his style not suited for the book at all so a much welcome return to Schiti. Looking forward to what Doom has to say.

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    As a fictional character, I enjoy reading about Namor. But as a person, I despise him. He comes off as a big punk who needs to have his butt kicked. And that's why I'd like to see T'Challa kill him. Narratively it'd be one of the few times that T'Challa has been allowed to avenge something outside of his solo titles, and it'd allow Namor to have that butt-kicking Namor needs on his resume to be more likable in-universe. Besides, it's Marvel. He'd be dead at most for a year or two, and then he could come back as pompous as ever.
    I agree. I love Namor and the conflict between them has made for some great dialogue over the course of this run but Namor has to die at the end of it. T'Challa has been the bigger man 10 times now, he ain't perfect and Namor is destroying worlds with Thanos. If they want Steve to hold anything against Tony then Namor needs to be taken out of the picture first.