Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    I actually preferred when Namor and Black Panther were allies. When it was them, Doom, Black Bolt, (and Magneto at one point) as the monarchs that set the real world in motion, while other heroes played at world building. I'd love to see a return to that status quo. The five kings. But to do that, Namor and T'Challa have to resolve their feud.

As a fictional character, I enjoy reading about Namor. But as a person, I despise him. He comes off as a big punk who needs to have his butt kicked. And that's why I'd like to see T'Challa kill him. Narratively it'd be one of the few times that T'Challa has been allowed to avenge something outside of his solo titles, and it'd allow Namor to have that butt-kicking Namor needs on his resume to be more likable in-universe. Besides, it's Marvel. He'd be dead at most for a year or two, and then he could come back as pompous as ever.
    I always enjoyed Namor as a character independent of everyone other than his being an integral part of the Invaders where I feel hi camradarie with his WW2 battle brothers really showcased the deep nobility of his character.

I hated his period with the X-Men, detested his uage during AvX and have been more ot less indifferent to his role in the NA book until the lat few issues where hi actions have been quite impactful on the ongoing narrative to uch a degree that one just has to it up and take notice of Namor the Detroyer of worlds and the murderous Cabal.

Imperius Rex.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Chill. I wasn't calling you a hater. I'm referring to the usual suspects who will do anything to throw sand on other character just to avoid anyone addressing how foolish their favorite character and his situation is.
    I am adequately chilled now, sir. Thank you. I just didn't want to get clumped into the "usual suspects".
    When I was a kid I remember liking Namor but until this series (and the Illuminati in general) I'm not going to lie...

I considered "Black Panther" to be a ridiculous "Batman-wannabe-Token-guy", being a black guy myself I kinda just always turned just shook my head at him. I hadn't considered till I found this forum just HOW popular he is. Nor that he and Namors feud would cause such backlash.
    Bravo Hickman and Bendis too for helping me get a better Idea of how complex a character the black panther can be. I was kinda dissapointed that they gave him a "Garden" like the Doctor from the Authority, and I was surprised when he bloodied Namor's Nose with the Energy fist...but he did help build a anti-matter bomb so I now consider him a technophile like the rest of the Illuminati.
    (when I first was offered on the team, I felt like Doom on the original cabal when TaskMaster showed up, like... What is THAT guy doing here?)
    ...That being said... It's just characterization by one author (or 2) authors. He took a few characters in the MDU on the perimeter of things and gave them the infinite concern of the readership. I can hardly wait to see what new crisis appears each issue.
    Last edited by Midnight_v; 08-29-2014 at 07:46 AM.

I saw Kristoff in the preview and I wondered what he might add to this story. I know what Dr Doom brings to the table but what about Kristoff? How smart is he? Can he help come up with new ideas? Those who have followed the character, do you think he is an asset to the illuminati or the Cabal? Is he a character worth looking into (buy old comics featuring him)?

Hickman barely found enough time to give Doom his dues over his FF run. Don't expect much from Kristoff.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeamonSnow View Post
    I saw Kristoff in the preview and I wondered what he might add to this story. I know what Dr Doom brings to the table but what about Kristoff? How smart is he? Can he help come up with new ideas? Those who have followed the character, do you think he is an asset to the illuminati or the Cabal? Is he a character worth looking into (buy old comics featuring him)?
    You could always go back to the Byrne issues where he was introduced. You might want to pick up the Cristos Gage mini Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four also. Kristoff eventually got lost, editorially speaking, after the Onslaught/Heroes Reborn/Heroes Return era and was one of a group of characters that no one was interested in. Wyatt Wingfoot, another FF character comes to mind.

Kristoff was brought back by Hickman to act as Regent of Latveria when Doom became brain damaged at the end of Fall of the Hulks. I guess you might have to blame me for him being around Doom because when he was at the first C2E2 con in Chicago, he had just begun his FF run and I suggested bringing back some of the forgotten FF characters like Kristoff and Wyatt. He had already brought back Nathaniel Richards, who did play a significant role. But I think it's mainly that Kristoff serves to humanize Doom, who with the exception of Boris, seems to be a very solitary figure with no surviving family members to speak of and very few that one would call friends or confidantes.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-29-2014 at 09:20 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    Why are you so obsessed with getting people to not like Namor?
    Its not about disliking Namor. Its being appalled by an action.

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    Its not about disliking Namor. Its being appalled by an action.
    If T'Challa had pulled the trigger and had made the Cabal, would your reaction be the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    If T'Challa had pulled the trigger and had made the Cabal, would your reaction be the same?
    mine. Yes.
    I was glad he didn't do it. The reaction would have been different and people would not be celebrating it.
    SO LET THIS BE A LESSON. LEARN. YOUR. PLACE. - Prince Freeman

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Freeman View Post
    mine. Yes.
    I was glad he didn't do it. The reaction would have been different and people would not be celebrating it.
    Maybe some wouldn't. Some would. Myself, I'd find it justified if T'Challa had done it but it's clearly not how Hickman wants this narrative to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    You could always go back to the Byrne issues where he was introduced. You might want to pick up the Cristos Gage mini Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four also. Kristoff eventually got lost, editorially speaking, after the Onslaught/Heroes Reborn/Heroes Return era and was one of a group of characters that no one was interested in. Wyatt Wingfoot, another FF character comes to mind.

Kristoff was brought back by Hickman to act as Regent of Latveria when Doom became brain damaged at the end of Fall of the Hulks. I guess you might have to blame me for him being around Doom because when he was at the first C2E2 con in Chicago, he had just begun his FF run and I suggested bringing back some of the forgotten FF characters like Kristoff and Wyatt. He had already brought back Nathaniel Richards, who did play a significant role. But I think it's mainly that Kristoff serves to humanize Doom, who with the exception of Boris, seems to be a very solitary figure with no surviving family members to speak of and very few that one would call friends or confidantes.
    Thanx, I will start with the Byrne issues and see if I want to read more about him. I read his summary on comicvine but those summaries don't really show you how someone is portrayed in a story. I'm very interested to see what Doom will do. Do you think we will also see The Mapmakers this next issue? I ask this because of that piece of dead earth that was left in Latveria. Having the Mapmakers attack while everyone is distracted will add even more chaos to this next issue.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    NAMOR: The Destroyer
    Cool name.

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post
    Namor The destroyer of worlds has a much nicer ring to it.
    That works as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    WAIT A SEC.
    this issue happens 8 months after the events of the last issue right?
    it might be namor confessing to doom the price he paid to make this still exist
    Or Namor about to before changing his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    The problem i have is that the Namor heel turn Cabel means that Black Swan is a villian. I kinda would like her to stick around and continue to help the avengers.
    Well ther goes that dream
    I think that was always a dream to be honest, I shared the same dream as I found her an interesting character as well.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeamonSnow View Post
    Thanx, I will start with the Byrne issues and see if I want to read more about him. I read his summary on comicvine but those summaries don't really show you how someone is portrayed in a story. I'm very interested to see what Doom will do. Do you think we will also see The Mapmakers this next issue? I ask this because of that piece of dead earth that was left in Latveria. Having the Mapmakers attack while everyone is distracted will add even more chaos to this next issue.
    You'r welcome. I really wonder what role the Map Makers will play in this. I can't imagine Hickman planting this seed and not seeing anything come of it at some point.

What questions will be answered this September? That the Avengers take down each member of the Illuminati? That the last Incursion occurs and they stop?

BANNED

Marvl, u had betta release a Dark Avngrs/Cabal series....it just 2 perfect 2 miss-out on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I always enjoyed Namor as a character independent of everyone other than his being an integral part of the Invaders where I feel hi camradarie with his WW2 battle brothers really showcased the deep nobility of his character.

I hated his period with the X-Men, detested his uage during AvX and have been more ot less indifferent to his role in the NA book until the lat few issues where hi actions have been quite impactful on the ongoing narrative to uch a degree that one just has to it up and take notice of Namor the Detroyer of worlds and the murderous Cabal.

Imperius Rex.
    I'll have to check out Invaders. I never picked it up, but I've heard nothing but good things.