Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Big question is, if he's from the X-Men timeline (and if so which one) or if he's from the MCU proper.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Big question is, if he's from the X-Men timeline (and if so which one) or if he's from the MCU proper.
    Ryan Reynold said that it takes place before Logan. So it it likely the one from the XMCU.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

There are 3 X-Men timelines so that still doesnt narrow it down. Plus we know its set in the MCU, and that the MCU has a Wolverine.

There are 3 X-Men timelines so that still doesnt narrow it down. Plus we know its set in the MCU, and that the MCU has a Wolverine.
    Logan was said to be set in the new timeline created by DOFP.

People were asking why Wolverine is alive if he died in Logan. Ryan Reynolds answered that question by saying that Logan took place in 2029 and Deadpool 3 is set before that. So it is X-MCU Wolverine.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 10-01-2022 at 02:29 PM.

BANNED

He will probably feature in Avenger films. It was already rumoured during Endgame

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    He will probably feature in Avenger films. It was already rumoured during Endgame
    That was just a google search error.

BANNED

A.X.E X-Men featured Logan to be too supporting. It felt a bit cringe in the beginning.

There is a new Manga Comic featuring Wolverine coming next week. I can definitely see Logan being a manga for obvious reasons. Reminds me of how Anime featured X-Men
    Last edited by Vishop; 10-09-2022 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    Logan was said to be set in the new timeline created by DOFP.

People were asking why Wolverine is alive if he died in Logan. Ryan Reynolds answered that question by saying that Logan took place in 2029 and Deadpool 3 is set before that. So it is X-MCU Wolverine.
    The movie Logan itself set the date as 2029. Ryan didn't tell us anything that watching the movie did not. So of course Deadpool 3 will be set before that.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I hope it’s post-DoFP Wolverine, with the gray temples and whatnot. Seriously doubt it’s the MCU Wolverine, but it’s possible I suppose. Also could be some other variant.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Speaking of MCU Wolverine. I was just wondering...what if that She-Hulk easter egg was referring to Daken instead of Logan? I would be cool if he was a secret member of the Thunderbolts.

I’m not a huge Daken fan but have been warming up to him lately. I don’t see him being introduced and used in Thunderbolts, though. He may yet show up, but I think it’ll be awhile.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    Speaking of MCU Wolverine. I was just wondering...what if that She-Hulk easter egg was referring to Daken instead of Logan? I would be cool if he was a secret member of the Thunderbolts.
    Doubtfull. Though i wonder if they would just give him 3 side by side blades, or keep the (in my opinion) extremely awkward looking setup from the comics?

And before someone comes with the term "iconic" in regards to his setup, i have to disagree. Daken is a niche character unkown to wider audience, since there hasn't been a major X-men cartoon in 14 years he could have appeared in, no serious X-men video game and he hasn't appeared in the FoX-men movies either.

So there is nothing "iconic" about Daken, because barely anyone has noticed he exist yet.

As such it could make sense that the people in charge of designing MCU characters, might feel it would be a much safer bet if the "Son of Wolverine" has his fathers classic blade setup to mark him as such, instead of risking ridicule for his comic version's, especialy since the wider audience is allready familiar with X-23 and hers.
    Last edited by Grunty; 10-11-2022 at 09:00 AM.

I think it was a reference to Logan for sure. he is known for bar fights and he has metal claws, Daken doesn't (even if artists often mess it up). Daken had an easter egg on the Falcon and Winter soldier show's Madripoor website though, so I guess he'll be introduced too, but I agree, it'll be probably a while.
    Be kind, it's FREE

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    I think it was a reference to Logan for sure. he is known for bar fights and he has metal claws, Daken doesn't (even if artists often mess it up). Daken had an easter egg on the Falcon and Winter soldier show's Madripoor website though, so I guess he'll be introduced too, but I agree, it'll be probably a while.
    Didn't Daken get his claws infused with Muramasa?
    Last edited by Gnostic; 10-11-2022 at 06:48 PM.

He did briefly but Logan forcibly removed them.