Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    As for continuing the OML story in the Wasteland, well, there was a one-shot that came out not too long ago. Plus the podcast series 'Wastelanders.' Which was okay, but not great IMO.
    Was the fate of the Morlocks in that world ever mentioned? Because i just had to imagine them leaving the tunnels under New York after the death of the X-men and the victory of the super villains and instead becomming like the Nomads from the Cyberpunk RPG setting (see 2077).

A collection of nomadic clans traveling across the devestated remains of the USA in self maintained and modified high tech vehicles, offering their mercenary services to the various factions still remaining, when they aren't stealing and scavenging from them (also somehow their children keep being mutants).

It would both fit their nature as survivors, while also being an interesting contrast to their classic depiction. Going from people so afraid of how the world would treat them because of their super powers that they hide in tunnels, to freely traveling across the country, not giving a damn what the world thinks of them and openly displaying their powers as a proud sign of thei identity.

And of course there could be some story where OML works with some of them, but never staying because he can't feel at home with them or getting too much reminded to the X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Been re-reading the Bendis/Lemire Old Man Logan run. Eager to see what others think.

I like it overall (especially Sorrentino’s art), but I find myself constantly enjoying the A and B plots separately more than together (they tend to be a mix of Logan in the ‘present’ day Marvel timeline and flashbacks to his time in the wasteland, usually they’re thematically tied to each other)

Obviously Bendis’ run is a secret wars tie in, and it’s fun enough, if a bit breakneck pace.

Lemire’s is the one that had the most potential, but I just don’t think I like OML in present day. I can’t believe Marvel haven’t just continued the OML story in the Wasteland. So much untapped potential.

The stories set in the ‘present’ day continuity would have worked so much better had they been adapted for the ordinary Logan

Any body else have thoughts??
    The arc by Lemire and Sorrentino with OML on the sword station fighting the brood is probably the most underrated Wolverine story ever imho. It’s Wolverine if he was in the movie Alien, how amazing is that!
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Speaking of OML, I sometimes just think to myself "Oh yeah, Mariko's still alive huh?"

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    The arc by Lemire and Sorrentino with OML on the sword station fighting the brood is probably the most underrated Wolverine story ever imho. It’s Wolverine if he was in the movie Alien, how amazing is that!
    So good. Loved that arc. Also loved the one in Alaska or somewhere in northern Canada with Lady Deathstrike.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Yep, that and the Deathstrike arc Jackaraow mentioned were the best I think. With Sorrentino’s art being a perfect fit. With the Brood arc, I just wish they didn’t throw Jean in as the reason his mind was going weird - would have been great if it was just the Brood being extra scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Speaking of OML, I sometimes just think to myself "Oh yeah, Mariko's still alive huh?"
    Hopefully no one in the X office ever remembers that thread was left hanging. Or if they do, just retcon it

Astonishing Member

In marvel infinite, Logan and the family are going on a family road trip

BANNED

Has anyone read these issues from Daredevil #54 and #55? Logan tells about a story about two wolves or dogs. David Mack wrote and drew this book btw and he nailed it.

^^^I did read it, and found it quite enjoyable. I also liked the cameo from...

Daredevil #53

Last edited by K7P5V; 12-03-2022 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post

Has anyone read these issues from Daredevil #54 and #55? Logan tells about a story about two wolves or dogs. David Mack wrote and drew this book btw and he nailed it.
    I remember reading it at the time and being very impressed at how well Mack wrote Logan in just a few panels, not to mention his exquisite art. David Mack was also supposed to take over Ultimate X-Men's writing duties shortly thereafter with a run focused on Wolverine's past if I recall correctly... such a shame it never actually happened.

Astonishing Member

Kevin Smith been doing a mini series called Quickstops which each issue focus on a character or set of characters from the View Askewniverse with this week issue focusing on Brodie from Mallrats and Randall from Clerks. Well Smith written a nod to the Poly Scott/Logan/Jean thing as Brodie admits in a funeral that he did self-love thinking of the 3 x characters having sex. I'm not into that but I figure you appreciate Smith giving a nod to current X-comics.

Wolvie Ombi Vol. 4 drops September 2023. It collects:

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Nice! Those were some great issues. Especially loved all the Team X stuff drawn by Texiera and then that Sabretooth mini too. May have to get this one, however, the two Wolverine omnibuses I really want are 1) the one after this one, collecting the Larry Hama-Adam Kubert “bone claws” era that followed issue #75 (up to issue #90 or maybe even issue #100) and 2) and an Old Man Logan omnibus collecting the Bendis/Lemire and Sorrentino runs, from the Secret Wars mini (by Bendis) though the first 24 issues of the Old Man Logan series (by Lemire). Up until Brisson took over with Deodato Jr.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Marvel Anatomy: A Scientific Study of the Superhuman
    https://insighteditions.com/products...the-superhuman

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Merry X-Mas, bubs...

Last edited by Sin Nick; 12-24-2022 at 03:12 PM.