Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Very much looking forward to the review thread!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Since when did Omega Red have Ogun's abilities?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    Russia did it?

BANNED

spoilers:
    He doesn't. I don't think there is anywhere confirmed about what how is he possessing people's bodies yet. Still it was said on the data pages that Rasputin is data mining the cerebro sword so that maybe a hint
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Vishop; 01-19-2022 at 09:04 AM.

What about his tentacle growth when he posses someone?
    I'm sorry this is more of Percy's half assed writing. Good idea bad execution. The way time travel is achieved is nonsense as well.

Mighty Member

I just read the issue, am I allowed to post the spoiler in a new thread now?

I'm sorry this is more of Percy's half assed writing. Good idea bad execution. The way time travel is achieved is nonsense as well.
    Disagree 100%. This issue was Percy’s best IMO. I have no doubt we’ll get an explanation of how Omega Red is doing this and it obviously involves spoilers:
    Mikhail
    end of spoilers.

No doubt folks that who don’t want to like this won’t and will find ways to nitpick it to death, but I went into it skeptical yet cautiously optimistic and came out very pleased. I thought it was well done, and a non-stop thrill ride.

Everyone’s entitled to their opinion, obviously. But for Wolverine fans this issue is a treat. Lots of fun with awesome art.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    I just read the issue, am I allowed to post the spoiler in a new thread now?
    I just created a review thread. Check it out.

BANNED

Again these are all things that need to be executed in further. Were you expecting to have all the explaination by first issue?

Logan was also saying it out loud from the start of the issue about how Omega Red is doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Again these are all things that need to be executed in further. Were you expecting to have all the explaination by first issue?

Logan was also saying it out loud from the start of the issue about how Omega Red is doing this.
    No. I expect a writer to use accurate powers and personalities. Which Percy hasn't done for a lot of the characters he writes. He had Omega Red eating people like a cannibal with teeth similar to Sabretooth's at the beginning of his run on Wolverine which is completely inaccurate and now he has him time traveling with Ogun's powers in X Lives and Deaths of Wolverine. Use the characters that actually do those things. Use Ogun if you want someone that posses others and Bloodscream or Sabretooth if you want a villain that eats people.

BANNED

No. I expect a writer to use accurate powers and personalities. Which Percy hasn't done for a lot of the characters he writes. He had Omega Red eating people like a cannibal with teeth similar to Sabretooth's at the beginning of his run on Wolverine which is completely inaccurate and now he has him time traveling with Ogun's powers in X Lives and Deaths of Wolverine. Use the characters that actually do those things. Use Ogun if you want someone that posses others and Bloodscream or Sabretooth if you want a villain that eats people.
    Meh Sabretooth being a cannibal isn't a huge thing about his character. I don't think anyone even cares except for you I guess lol. Also if Omega Red happens to have has these potential powers of someone else makes you criticize about these things then I guess you all the characters like Rachel who has TP and TK like Xavier or Jean are all badly written.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Meh Sabretooth being a cannibal isn't a huge thing about his character. I don't think anyone even cares except for you I guess lol. Also if Omega Red happens to have has these potential powers of someone else makes you criticize about these things then I guess you all the characters like Rachel who has TP and TK like Xavier or Jean are all badly written.

Actually I'm not the only one that cares. I also agree that Sabretooth being a cannibal isn't a huge thing about the character. That was just a example of a character that has been a cannibal. Characters that have Tp and Tk can be well written and badly written. With long form story telling character consistency and continuity are the most important things.

BANNED

Actually I'm not the only one that cares. I also agree that Sabretooth being a cannibal isn't a huge thing about the character. That was just a example of a character that has been a cannibal. Characters that have Tp and Tk can be well written and badly written. With long form story telling character consistency and continuity are the most important things.
    I can name several bunch characters who have similar powers like Albert,Mr X, Ben Reilly even Sabretooth. Any character you like to name. Its not jut TP or TK. They all have originated with these powers that are similar to others. Its not bad writing. Also Omega Red having this powers are most likely in temporal form which is yet to be revealed and I dont think Percy every used these power set before this book came out. So is to say I am pretty sure this doesn't affect any long form story telling
    Last edited by Vishop; 01-19-2022 at 10:40 AM.

So far yeah it is bad writing. Just like more than half of his X-Force and Wolverine run. Well his Wolverine run has actually been much better than X-Force. Hopefully X Lives and Deaths becomes awesome.

Hoping it was good today. I don't want to go to the spoilers thread because I'm not going to be reading it till a couple days from now.

Quote Originally Posted by cable guy View Post
    Hoping it was good today. I don't want to go to the spoilers thread because I'm not going to be reading it till a couple days from now.
    If you’re a Wolverine fan you’ll enjoy it. At least I think so.