Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Along those lines, I found this tidbit interesting in this recent CBR interview with Percy…

Deadpool has established dynamics with Wolverine and Domino, but what's it like bouncing him off the rest of X-Force? Which of those characters has been especially fun to write with Wade?

Given his mouthiness and sicko humor, Wade works best when paired with a character who is more laconic and grouchy. Wolverine, of course, fits that billing, but something is happening with Logan that will gradually distance him from the team. But Omega Red fits that description as well. And there are some scenes with Wade and Arkady coming down the pipeline that I can't wait for readers to check out.
    From: https://www.cbr.com/marvel-x-force-b...rcy-interview/

Hmm… are we getting an X-Force shakeup soon? Maybe a relaunched Uncanny X-men series in anticipation of the the X-men ‘97 animated series revival, with a team closer to the one of that era (with Logan obviously serving on that team)? I could see it, and thus Logan returning to the X-men. Even though I prefer him on X-Force these days honestly. But if they did that, perhaps they go back to more classic Cable-led X-Force at the same time? I could live with that.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Along those lines, I found this tidbit interesting in this recent CBR interview with Percy…

Hmm… are we getting an X-Force shakeup soon? Maybe a relaunched Uncanny X-men series in anticipation of the the X-men ‘97 animated series revival, with a team closer to the one of that era (with Logan obviously serving on that team)? I could see it, and thus Logan returning to the X-men. Even though I prefer him on X-Force these days honestly. But if they did that, perhaps they go back to more classic Cable-led X-Force at the same time? I could live with that.
    I'd be all for this. I think Logan belongs on an X-Men team while X-Force is Cable's team. But I think a change in writers for X-Force is what's needed first.

Totally agree on all counts. I wish they’d give X-Force to Ewing and have it spin out of X-men Red. The trio of Cable, Thunderbird and Manifold makes a pretty good field team as is. Maybe keep Domino, plus those three (or possibly replace her with Frenzy); and then the intel branch is Beast, Sage, Mentallo and Forge. Cable and Beast are both pretty “ends justifies the means” types these days, and Nathan is smart enough to match wits with Hank too. So that could be fun IMO.

Meanwhile you put Logan back in the flagship X-men book with Scott, Jean, etc., where he belongs.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 06-25-2022 at 05:00 AM.

Totally agree on all counts. I wish they’d give X-Force to Ewing and have it spin out of X-men Red. The trio of Cable, Thunderbird and Manifold makes a pretty good field team as is. Maybe keep Domino, plus those three (or possibly replace her with Frenzy); and then the intel branch is Beast, Sage, Mentallo and Forge. Cable and Beast are both pretty “ends justifies the means” types these days, and Nathan is smart enough to match wits with Hank too. So that could be fun IMO.
    Couldn't agree more. I'd love to read more interactions between Cable & Beast.
    Potentially, they made a great pairing during X-Tinction Agenda (LOL):

Meanwhile you put Logan back in the flagship X-men book with Scott, Jean, etc., where he belongs.
    Fine with me. Can't think of anywhere else he can go...

Last edited by K7P5V; 06-25-2022 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Cable’s always been a savage…

173EE4A5-5B8C-4801-822C-531B292EC747.jpg

5EEA21A5-11C4-4388-86E9-A73E06DC4982.jpg

1222F50E-AB87-422C-96C7-459FCA9F3E50.jpg

Ha.

And I do think maybe a relaunched Uncanny X-men team could be coming, with the A-listers like Logan and Scott and Jean on it. Just feels like it’s inevitable.

Astonishing Member

I say Zeb Wells should come back and write X-Force ,but even better would be a return of Craig Kyle and Chris Yost..but the latter is probably a pipedream.

BANNED

Personally I don't want him on Duggan's book. It's boring and an exhausting fan service fest. I find Percy's Wolverine million times better than Duggan even though I felt his run has come short in terms of character development. I want to see how Ewing writes him if he ships to Arakko. He will fit in there pretty good among Arakki

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I say Zeb Wells should come back and write X-Force ,but even better would be a return of Craig Kyle and Chris Yost..but the latter is probably a pipedream.
    I have a feeling from reading his Twitter that Chris Yost had a bad breakout with Marvel Studios? That doesn't prevent him from writing for Marvel Comics I suppose, but he mentioned recently that it's highly unlikely he'll pen another Marvel movie or show.

Cable’s always been a savage…

173EE4A5-5B8C-4801-822C-531B292EC747.jpg

5EEA21A5-11C4-4388-86E9-A73E06DC4982.jpg

1222F50E-AB87-422C-96C7-459FCA9F3E50.jpg

Ha.

And I do think maybe a relaunched Uncanny X-men team could be coming, with the A-listers like Logan and Scott and Jean on it. Just feels like it’s inevitable.
    No kidding, '90s Cable will always be Awesome!

BANNED

That sounds good. But Percy exaggerates a lot rather than showing that on paper so I don't have my hopes high

This book really needs a shake up. It's kinda sad for us fans to see other books getting new things going on every year but this run has overstayed its welcome for 35 issues damn.
    Last edited by Vishop; 06-28-2022 at 09:00 AM.

BANNED

Solid Larry Hama issue with Patch. There was a nice fight scene with Logan.
    Also
    spoilers:
    X-Force just killed off Quentin for good. It was a Quentin Quire issue alright.
    end of spoilers

Anyone here a fan of the Taron Eggerton fancasting as Wolverine? I’m genuinely curious about why a lot of people want him as Logan, and there’s more chatter about it now than ever before. I just don’t see it
    Last edited by Jack The Tripper; 07-02-2022 at 04:22 AM.

I’m pretty “meh” on that casting. The dude has a baby face. But, then again, I didn’t like tall, skinny pretty boy Jackman in the role either but he grew into it and eventually won me over.

Wolverine needs to be on arrako facing all new threats. I mean imagine a wolverine solo based on Arrako drawn by Kubert. which could delve into an arraki X-force with a real CIA like theme. I know wolverine can be all over the place but out of any mutant besides Storm he would truly respect i think thrive in Arraki culture.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

I’m pretty “meh” on that casting. The dude has a baby face. But, then again, I didn’t like tall, skinny pretty boy Jackman in the role either but he grew into it and eventually won me over.
    I liked Jackman's Wolverine. His acting sold me watching him as a kid, I didn't even know that height was supposed to be a matter but I didn't cared tbh