Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post

From Leinil Yu’s twitter account
    The man still draws a great Wolverine.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    The man still draws a great Wolverine.
    Indeed. Couldn't agree more (XD)

Last edited by K7P5V; 06-03-2022 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

BANNED

I am not sure I have been interested in x-books for last couple of months. XLDOW was solid and his current run is doing decently but there has been a drought of his character related stories(more about his past etc) with his current run. Neither he has been in inclusion of anything more than x-force which itself is too much restricted as \security guards of krakoa'. But its good that Larry Hama is doing some of the job for his character related stories.

I kind of agree. While Percy has a good handle on Logan’s voice, at least IMO, he has not really done much to delve into Logan’s character in his solo book. I’ve enjoyed it for what it is, which is a good solid adventure comic featuring Logan. But it certainly doesn’t have the depth of character that the Claremont or Hama runs had. Not even close. So that’s a good point.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Do you know what's interesting? It's that you hear fans of pretty much every character saying something similar. It seems like it's the hallmark of this era.

When it comes to Logan, in specific, this should not be the case, considering he is part of the main cast of an ongoing book and currently the only character with a solo, right? (Plus a limited series)

But I don't think you guys are wrong, actually. His solo, for instance, seems to be an extension of the X-Force in many cases (or dealing with plots that started in other places like the first Hellfire Gala). And there hasn't been many *actual* character moments. When you consider that most of those stories haven't been memorable either... you feel a certain absence (for lack of better word) of the character, even though they are actually better positioned than most.

It's really weird.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 06-05-2022 at 08:06 AM.

Yeah, I’ve enjoyed Wolverine far more than X-Force, as I just don’t think the latter has been big enough in scope. Fighting plant people and Krakoan tumors and whatnot. But if I’m being honest both books have been largely forgettable.

Well, we get a lot of internal narration and Logan dealing with stuff (Maverick, Vampires, Krakoan wetwork, Omega Red, Solem, etc.) but it does feel more like adventure after adventure than character building stuff. Feels like they've forgotten about his Krakoan reservations as well.

Has he even hooked up with that French Vampire hunter yet?

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Yeah, I’ve enjoyed Wolverine far more than X-Force, as I just don’t think the latter has been big enough in scope. Fighting plant people and Krakoan tumors and whatnot. But if I’m being honest both books have been largely forgettable.
    Yep. On the top of my head, if I think of what moment I felt was the coolest for Logan during this era, I have to go back all the way to HoX/PoX...

By the way, I watched All the Devil's Men. We can't really judge Milo Gibson's full range of acting there, but there are moments where I saw Logan! :)

BANNED

I kind of agree. While Percy has a good handle on Logan’s voice, at least IMO, he has not really done much to delve into Logan’s character in his solo book. I’ve enjoyed it for what it is, which is a good solid adventure comic featuring Logan. But it certainly doesn’t have the depth of character that the Claremont or Hama runs had. Not even close. So that’s a good point.
    I am really really looking forward to a trailer for his game. That will cheer me up more than any new stuff coming out of the comics. I think it will release on E3 2022. That is this June I guess.

Hope so. Really have high hopes for this game.

Astonishing Member

RDT_20220606_1003224700413657524415423.jpg

By Phil noto. Really wish this was a series

I’d buy it. For sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    RDT_20220606_1003224700413657524415423.jpg

By Phil noto. Really wish this was a series
    Looks nice! Although I think Laura should wear darker colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Looks nice! Although I think Laura should wear darker colors.
    Yeah! Couldn't agree more!!

Last edited by K7P5V; 06-06-2022 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Just to chime in on the character work on Logan I think the last time we got anything like that was the Vampire arc when he helped out the kid vampires and even that was a retread of Logan being a protective father type figure. I’d really like an annual or one shot with Logan, Laura, Daken and Gabby just hitting the road and finding an adventure.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.