Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Wait a sec!
    Wasn't the primary reason for why he suffers from "adamantium poisoning", because his healing factor had to balance out that he could no longer recieve new blood cells via his bone marrow, because the metal sealed them off completely?
    Essentialy without his healing factor to artifical regenerate them, his body would beginn to break down from no longer being able to seal off wounds (platlettes), transfer enough oxygen and nutrients (red blood cells) or fight disease, tumors or parasites (white blood cells) eventualy.

Hence why people with only partial adamantium implants or bone coating (like Bullseye with his spine) don't suffer the same effect.

I never read that. My understanding was that the metal is just toxic. Maybe even mildly radioactive.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

So Jean went with Logan like claws today when she stole Betsy’s finisher. Kinda sweet way to try and kill a god lol.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    So Jean went with Logan like claws today when she stole Betsy’s finisher. Kinda sweet way to try and kill a god lol.
    Loved that. I reckon Gillen’s got a soft spot for those two as a couple, given his treatment of them in AXE

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Loved that. I reckon Gillen’s got a soft spot for those two as a couple, given his treatment of them in AXE
    I didn't know he liked them as couple. I thought it was the opposite. But i was kinda surprised after reading this issue
    Last edited by Vishop; 10-27-2022 at 09:37 PM.

BANNED

It somewhat unknown maybe, but Marvel made him hooked with some redhead gaming character or whatever it is, couple of months ago from Fortnite crossover right beneath our noses . She likes his attitude of no small talk

BANNED

I am still not sure if it's canon btw

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Wait a sec!
    Wasn't the primary reason for why he suffers from "adamantium poisoning", because his healing factor had to balance out that he could no longer recieve new blood cells via his bone marrow, because the metal sealed them off completely?
    No, this has been completely contradicted actually. It is simply toxic metal poisoning, which is why in most future Wolverine stories his healing factor still works perfectly fine decades and centuries in the future.

Logan does not have plated bones. His bones have been bonded with the metal on a molecular level. They operate the same as normal bones.

BANNED

Logan in his black and grey suit

That’s actually some new mystically powered armored costume Logan’s wearing in this series. Here you go, more info here…

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/ma...stumes-powers/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    That’s actually some new mystically powered armored costume Logan’s wearing in this series. Here you go, more info here…

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/ma...stumes-powers/
    Looks dope. This costume does give a vibe of X-Force

I've been reading back through the X-titles from Giant Size X-Men onwards and am currently in the 90s. I've never read much of Wolverine's solo title before this but have really enjoyed it! All of the world-building in Madripoor, a great cast of supporting characters (particularly loved Jessica Drew's role and it's always great to see Yukio pop up), a fairly strong roster of villains.

And now I've reached the point where Logan has lost his adamantium and his healing factor is slowly shutting down, which has been a really good character exploration so far as he revisits different elements of his past. It reminds me of Storm's powerless period and how much she was able to be fleshed out. Temporarily breaking Logan off from the X-Men at his weakest moment has been interesting.

That being said...I'd be happy to never see Albert and Elsie Dee in a comic again! Everytime I think their story is done, they pop back up!

Was reading some of the Ultimate X-Men Omnibus today and I just have to say that I forgot just how cool Ultimate Wolverine was in those early issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Was reading some of the Ultimate X-Men Omnibus today and I just have to say that I forgot just how cool Ultimate Wolverine was in those early issues.
    Best version of Logan ever written.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Best version of Logan ever written.
    It’s funny how divisive that version is. Some Logan fans think it’s the best, most ruthless and fun portrayal ever; while others absolutely abhor the Ultimate version for being so duplicitous and without honor, especially with how he tried to murder Scott in cold blood. I’m somewhere in the middle. I liked the take on him for what it was. It was fresh and different, and definitely pushed the envelope in terms of making Logan a redemption story. But classic Logan, with his samurai code of honor, will always be my favorite take.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Grayson View Post
    I've been reading back through the X-titles from Giant Size X-Men onwards and am currently in the 90s. I've never read much of Wolverine's solo title before this but have really enjoyed it! All of the world-building in Madripoor, a great cast of supporting characters (particularly loved Jessica Drew's role and it's always great to see Yukio pop up), a fairly strong roster of villains.

And now I've reached the point where Logan has lost his adamantium and his healing factor is slowly shutting down, which has been a really good character exploration so far as he revisits different elements of his past. It reminds me of Storm's powerless period and how much she was able to be fleshed out. Temporarily breaking Logan off from the X-Men at his weakest moment has been interesting.
    That was such a great period. I recently went back and reread it myself and it was just really, really good. Awesome character work by Hama.