Page 110 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 1791

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I'm wondering whether that Beware My Power animated film had any kind of influence on DC/WB decisions on using John Stewart as the Green Lantern lead (damn, it feels good to say that) for the Green Lantern HBO Max show?
    Most likely. The animated films seem to be an indication as to what DC properties are about to get pushed. They test the water with the animated flicks before heading into the big budget live action projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Most likely. The animated films seem to be an indication as to what DC properties are about to get pushed. They test the water with the animated flicks before heading into the big budget live action projects.
    I highly doubt that. I don't think they're going to use the audience for a comic book animated movie as any kind of focus group for a large-scale movie or tv show. The audience for the former is just too niche to be an adequate sampling. Animation might be "an indication as to what DC properties are about to get pushed" as you say, but only because they were going that way anyway, not to "test the waters." Even then, I don't think that's the case here, as "Beware My Power" was greenlit way before they switched focus of the tv show.

John's always been very popular, and I think it has more to do with Hamada leaving WB as he was the one who said John was off the table for the tv show.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 11-01-2022 at 06:31 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I'm wondering whether that Beware My Power animated film had any kind of influence on DC/WB decisions on using John Stewart as the Green Lantern lead (damn, it feels good to say that) for the Green Lantern HBO Max show?
    I was wandering the exact same thing.....perhaps it performed better than expected.

Either way, it's long over due to get live action John Stewart. Hopefully the casting, plot and cg effects will be good.

What happened to SecretWarrior? I think he'd be ecstatic with some of the recent GL news, yet I never see him around anymore. Hope everything's ok.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I highly doubt that. I don't think they're going to use the audience for a comic book animated movie as any kind of focus group for a large-scale movie or tv show. The audience for the former is just too niche to be an adequate sampling. Animation might be "an indication as to what DC properties are about to get pushed" as you say, but only because they were going that way anyway, not to "test the waters." Even then, I don't think that's the case here, as "Beware My Power" was greenlit way before they switched focus of the tv show.

John's always been very popular, and I think it has more to do with Hamada leaving WB as he was the one who said John was off the table for the tv show.
    Its interesting learning Hamada was responsible for these cases of not having characters show up.

He also refused to allow Henry Cavill to reprise as Superman even in cameos.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    I was wandering the exact same thing.....perhaps it performed better than expected.

Either way, it's long over due to get live action John Stewart. Hopefully the casting, plot and cg effects will be good.
    That's how I see it, too. It's way long over due. It's exciting times we're in.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    What happened to SecretWarrior? I think he'd be ecstatic with some of the recent GL news, yet I never see him around anymore. Hope everything's ok.
    Yeah, he's a real true John Stewart fan and has deep passion for the character. He hasn't been on this thread every since the differences he had with Redjack. I really hate to say this, but I think that's the reason why he no longer wants to be in this thread, which is a bummer

As I said in the other thread Hal and John were likely off limits at the time because there was still talk of them co-leading a movie together. Like 99 percent of the announced DC projects it wound up in development limbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    As I said in the other thread Hal and John were likely off limits at the time because there was still talk of them co-leading a movie together. Like 99 percent of the announced DC projects it wound up in development limbo.
    John is going to be the lead in the show, while Hal might be the lead in the movie. That could be their plan.

Wonder how they're gonna handle the villains in the John-led show. Maybe they could revamp the old silver age villains since it's supposedly gonna be on a lower budget. I could see it working as a classic Ultraman style show where most of the cosmic threats come to Earth rather than the hero going out to space. Could also be a good opportunity to establish a life on earth for John as well.

Incredible Member

Nevermind I guess I forgot how to send images.
    Last edited by Shockingjustice; 11-03-2022 at 01:02 PM.

Incredible Member

There we go

Incredible Member

Found these after searching on reddit due to a reddit thread that basically amounted to everyone saying John Stewart sucks as a solo character.

Extraordinary Member

These panels only show how writers have only scratched the surface of John Stewart.

As much as I enjoy Hal & Guy, Kat is John's true partner.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    These panels only show how writers have only scratched the surface of John Stewart.

I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post

I always hated how much they downplayed Guy and Kyle's relationship when they made John and Guy a thing.