Page 14 of 120 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    You know what thinking about Alan got me thinking something, are John and Hal immortal/expanded life expectancy? Because Hal has had weird life stuff with being parallax, Spectre, living Willpower, multiverse energy, etc. and John is some kind of human guardian/god level being with the ability to choose his own future state as we saw in the most recent issue.

Makes me think that John and Hal could very much live to be like Alan all things considered, even if the rings are inherently different.
    It's not been explored like with Superman or Wonder Woman, but things point in that direction. Speedsters and magic-users are probably also in the same boat.

That said, I personally don't like how in-universe expanded lifespans separate these characters from everyday people, as it feels too god-like to me. Not a fan of them being portrayed as immortal gods in the modern era. I think they should be heroes in the vein of Herules, Achilles, and Odysseus, rather than Zeus, Apollo, etc.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 01-22-2022 at 10:33 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    It's not been explored like with Superman or Wonder Woman, but things point in that direction. Speedsters and magic-users are probably also in the same boat.

That said, I personally don't like how in-universe expanded lifespans separate these characters from everyday people, as it feels too god-like to me. Not a fan of them being portrayed as immortal gods in the modern era. I think they should be heroes in the vein of Herules, Achilles, and Odysseus, rather than Zeus, Apollo, etc.
    Good Metahuman genetics.

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Wondering how much they might try to push John vs. Sinestro.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wondering how much they might try to push John vs. Sinestro.
    Sinestro is the most prominent GL villain and he was a foe of Stewart in the DCAU so I’m sure they’ll clash. Just makes me want more GL Rogues however, especially Rogues who aren’t just evil copycats powers wise like the Sinestros or the Reds. Personally I’d choose Atrocitus as John’s foe amongst the other Corps, there’s some good personality contrast. Atrocitus is foaming at the mouth in rage while John is cold and logical. Both have seen planets die, both have had loved ones die, both bury their grief by devoting themselves to a cause. But John wants to build stuff up, bigger and better than before, while Atrocitus just wants to burn it all to the ground.
    Last edited by Vordan; 01-25-2022 at 10:44 AM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I'm all for expanding the GL rogues beyond Sinestro, Sinestro, and some more Sinestro, but I think he and John have enough of a connection due to John's late wife being Sinestro's former protege, who betrayed him and then succeeded him as GL of Korugar.

It's not compelling as the teacher/student/frenemies thing that Hal and Sinestro have going on, but it's a good enough hook that I always look forward to John vs Sinestro stories whenever they come around.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I'm all for expanding the GL rogues beyond Sinestro, Sinestro, and some more Sinestro, but I think he and John have enough of a connection due to John's late wife being Sinestro's former protege, who betrayed him and then succeeded him as GL of Korugar.

It's not compelling as the teacher/student/frenemies thing that Hal and Sinestro have going on, but it's a good enough hook that I always look forward to John vs Sinestro stories whenever they come around.
    I'm surprised no one's ever done anything with that. I think that was more relevant for Soranik since she succeeded Katma than it was with John.

Incredible Member

Just reading through Green Lantern Corps (New 52) following a friend's recommendation.

Finding it such a joy to read and a great character study for John.

Like the fact while it's John (and Guy) focused, there is still a good balance showcasing other characters of the Corps.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Sinestro is the most prominent GL villain and he was a foe of Stewart in the DCAU so I’m sure they’ll clash. Just makes me want more GL Rogues however, especially Rogues who aren’t just evil copycats powers wise like the Sinestros or the Reds. Personally I’d choose Atrocitus as John’s foe amongst the other Corps, there’s some good personality contrast. Atrocitus is foaming at the mouth in rage while John is cold and logical. Both have seen planets die, both have had loved ones die, both bury their grief by devoting themselves to a cause. But John wants to build stuff up, bigger bag dieter than before, while Atrocitus just wants to burn it all to the ground.
    That is a great hook to expand upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post

I posted about John probably being very familiar with cultural norms associated with Sinestro's home world in the past. John & Sinestro having talks about that would be a unique take. Likewise, Kat probably loved the Trouble Man soundtrack more than MCU Steve Rogers.

I don't want John having a toxic relationship with Sinestro. That is Hal's burden, sadly. Plus, Kyle needs to avenge his momma.

I can sorta see John & Sinestro having a Holmes/Moriarty battle of wits, but that depends on the quality of writing.

Personally, I think the revamped teacher/student relationship between Hal & Sinestro was pulled from the precrisis relationship between John & Kat.

BANNED

BANNED

Thanks for the scans, Google

BANNED