Page 8 of 120 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    J
    I like Batman, but it's really annoying that it seems that DC is using a lot of their creative talent to anything Batman related.
    I can't really blame them. They've got to justify themselves financially to their newest corporate overlords and the only thing that readers seem to actually buy is Bat-books.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I expect John to be “the GL” at the center of the event if that makes sense. However Williamson seems to be building up the Justice Incarnate guys as the ones taking point for the event so the Earth 0 guys might not even be involved.
    I think we shouldn't rule out Jo, DC is probably liking Far Sector collection sales and will likely continue pushing her.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I think we shouldn't rule out Jo, DC is probably liking Far Sector collection sales and will likely continue pushing her.
    Probably debating whether to make her or Jessica the female face of the GL franchise (although they made Jessica a Yellow Lantern so maybe they do see Jo as more viable).

BANNED

So I read the latest issue and I think it was the best issue in this story arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    OMG, Kat.

I'm cool with the middle name. It adds to reason why he had the nickname Square John.

Man, I'm with you on this. Kat is John's partner in all things. Despite the power boost, she got him acting more human & relaxed.
    Well, you're going to love this one. John's character changed as if he doesn't even have a dark past anymore.

What are everyone's favourite John centric episode of JLU?

Right now, I would say mine is 'Legends'. 'Metamorpho' and 'The Savage Time' are up there as well.

Extraordinary Member

So I read the latest issue and I think it was the best issue in this story arc.

Well, you're going to love this one. John's character changed as if he doesn't even have a dark past anymore.
    I think you're right.

Last edited by Holt; 01-19-2022 at 10:17 AM.

How does that even work? Kyle's been missing since the beginning of the current GL run, Jessica joined the Sinestro Corps, and Simon is depowered and currently wearing an Iron Man type suit. John also currently has different powers instead of his Green Lantern ones.

If that's all getting reversed, then this is a major spoiler for the next two months of Green Lantern. If not, it's an obvious fakeout.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Could be set in the recent past

I guess being the resident League GL comes with its drawbacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    How does that even work? Kyle's been missing since the beginning of the current GL run, Jessica joined the Sinestro Corps, and Simon is depowered and currently wearing an Iron Man type suit. John also currently has different powers instead of his Green Lantern ones.

If that's all getting reversed, then this is a major spoiler for the next two months of Green Lantern. If not, it's an obvious fakeout.
    I think it's just a usual promotional art with a bunch of notable characters. Don't think too deeply about how they're all there.

DC's timeline has always been inconsistent, especially after the New 52. So I don't even know what's going on.

Now, I'm starting to wonder whether this event will effect the current Green Lantern series where John won't appear that series anymore.

Since John is no longer a Green Lantern and he's some God now, is there a possibility whether he would star in a different series other than Green Lantern?

Okay, Cyborg is a New 52 Founder (who knows if that's even still a thing) so I guess that's why he's there? This is basically Snyder's League. Should we view this as a swan song for this incarnation of the group?

At least they remembered Aquaman's scalemail.
    Now, I'm starting to wonder whether this event will effect the current Green Lantern series where John won't appear that series anymore.

Since John is no longer a Green Lantern and he's some God now, is there a possibility whether he would star in a different series other than Green Lantern?
    I wonder if it'll even be acknowledged in this book.