Page 12 of 120 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’ll be blunt: I think editorial is the problem. Their ideas for what the franchise should be are bad. Seriously since Johns’ tenure ended the only two types of stories we seem to get are either “The Corps is on the brink of extinction!” or nostalgia bait for the Johns era. I liked Thorne’s ideas for Stewart and I enjoyed his run if this is the end, but his story was dragged down by having to include story beats that most GL fans are indifferent to at best and outright despise at worst. Comic fans are bored of slaughter fests because we know it doesn’t matter, look at how apathetic people are to the JL “dying”. I think Thorne’s run would’ve been way more warmly received if it was just a story about John on a journey of self-discovery in the Dark Sectors, and John not having to “share” his book. I hope it wasn’t cancelled because of sales or because of DotJL

There should be at least two GL books out, instead there’s like fucking 15 Batbooks.
    I couldn't have said this any better. As I said earlier, the management on the Green Lantern franchise has been horrendous. I really believe their terrible management and the lackluster creative ideas by them has hurt these characters in the past. So the editorial is more to blame than the writer.

But at least given that he may be continuing writing on the book hopefully (based off of his tweet), the next arc will be back to normal and it will be all John as he said a while back IIRC. We won't see these split stories like we are now.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    That John is in his old uniform in all the promotional material already raised some questions about when exactly this was meant to be taking place.
    We still don't know how the last issue of the story arc is going to end. John may not be a God long-term. Right now, John is in a Dark Sector where he's in hyper time.

BANNED

BANNED

That certainly seems to be the gist of the message. Good! I kind of hope the delay is to maybe give Raney more time with the art if he’s continuing on, or maybe get a new art team.
    I’m glad to hear it, I’d hate for the human factor of the writer behind a book being negatively effected by ongoing stories. Green Lanterns and John will persist but writers do this for a living and put work into this.

Either way have a nice day everyone, enjoy your John stories.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post

Hmmm interesting. I'm happy at least that DotJLA doesn't effect what Redjack is currently doing with John Stewart in his run.

So now, I'm wondering does this mean that he's going to continue after issue #12?
    He did say he had a 3 issue arc. If we go by trades

Vol 1-FS 1-2 & 1-4
    vol 2. 5-10
    vol 3. 11-16

And if DOTJLA has No effect on other books-why bother with it? They can just ax the book.

We have had 30 years of this character being messed with. And we KNOW there are folks that want this book to end.

So yes we are going be on high alert. Because for most of us-this is it for DC.

Is it too much to ask for ONE John Stewart run to NOT get derailed by editors or events or nonsense?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Laimbeer View Post
    People complain about creators being rude to fans on Twitter.
    Why talk to people who might be buying your books in that flippant, dismissive manner when they are only reasonably looking for information?
    Or at the least, something that can be easily construed as such? >__<
    lol.

only if you put the most negative spin on the things i say.

you should assume I'm smiling most of the time because I am.

i don't walk on eggshells; i just walk.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    He did say he had a 3 issue arc. If we go by trades

Vol 1-FS 1-2 & 1-4
    vol 2. 5-10
    vol 3. 11-16

And if DOTJLA has No effect on other books-why bother with it? They can just ax the book.

We have had 30 years of this character being messed with. And we KNOW there are folks that want this book to end.

So yes we are going be on high alert. Because for most of us-this is it for DC.

Is it too much to ask for ONE John Stewart run to NOT get derailed by editors or events or nonsense?
    He said he had a 3 story arcs in mind, if his contract continues. He always had plans after this story arc.

My biggest gripe with DC has always been about their management with this franchise. They should've gave some update already on their future planning with this franchise. We're left stranded here. I think I was very anxious to see what happens after issue 12, so that could be why I was upset about all of this.

Yes there are some out there that wants the book to end, but don't mind them. There's one reviewer who I believe never liked the run before it started, because it's John Stewart and gave bad reviews, which is pathetic. But I do think there are some legit criticism among fans and non hardcore John Stewart fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    lol.

only if you put the most negative spin on the things i say.

you should assume I'm smiling most of the time because I am.

i don't walk on eggshells; i just walk.
    Thanks for taking the time to speak with us fans. But damn, I still don't know what's going on with DC and their plans and all with this franchise lol

So to change the topic to something slightly more friendly how old do we think John is? I asked this in the Hal thread as well but I think it’s interesting that John as of time of writing this comment John was present at the time of birth of Jon Kent who without time shenanigans should be 12.

So I always think that Hal’s about early 40’s, so I got to think John is in his mid to late 30’s.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So to change the topic to something slightly more friendly how old do we think John is? I asked this in the Hal thread as well but I think it’s interesting that John as of time of writing this comment John was present at the time of birth of Jon Kent who without time shenanigans should be 12.

So I always think that Hal’s about early 40’s, so I got to think John is in his mid to late 30’s.
    I think John is somewhere in his early 30s.

It's hard to imagine Hal being that old to be honest. I thought he was sort of de-aged post 2004 Rebirth or something.

i always pictured them as roughly the same age with Guy being SLIGHTLY younger and Kyle being MUCH younger.

Keeping Katma Tui in his backstory always had me picturing him as being in his late 30s/early 40s. Hard for me to picture a young widower John . With the ring age isn’t really a problem regardless.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Keeping Katma Tui in his backstory always had me picturing him as being in his late 30s/early 40s. Hard for me to picture a young widower John . With the ring age isn’t really a problem regardless.
    Since these characters seem to be possibly pushing 40, it could be one of the reasons why they started this whole 5G thing. Add to the fact that these major superheroes have fallen in the upcoming DotJL to possibly be replaced by younger heroes.