Page 36 of 120 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast

Well, it's a new direction for John. Every GL needs one .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, it's a new direction for John. Every GL needs one .
    Almost every major GL had one at least

Read the final issue, I liked it! So the upcoming series will be about John in the Dark Sectors huh? Cool that gives Redjack plenty of space to world build and create new threats that can challenge Stewart at his current power level. Also have to hand it to Raney, didn’t really enjoy his art for the most part but for this final issue I thought he really gave it his all.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

It looks like the pitch for John's book, Green Lantern: The Light At The End Of Forever is officially in the next round!

I was a little worried that John was going to lose last round, since Ghost Tour From Hell had it beat from both DC Community and Twitter. It's interesting that John had a decent start in the rounds where he was winning both of those polls until Ghost Tour From Hell caught up at the last minute and beat it. Instagram must make a big difference. It makes me wonder that a lot of the people who votes on Instagram may be people of pop culture perhaps.

Personally, I don't see John winning past Superboy. But I'm glad that he made it to the semi finals!

BANNED

In the long run, this'll work out about as well as Ion or White Lantern Kyle did.

John as a normal GL outsold White Lantern Kyle during the Venditti era.

Not a good marketing idea to get rid of GL branding for the character or the actual title of the book, since people collect specific titles, and anything else will seem like a side book.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Personally, I don't see John winning past Superboy. But I'm glad that he made it to the semi finals!
    Forgive me my fellow Stewart fans, but since it’s confirmed Stewart is getting another series I think I’m voting for Superboy (Conner hasn’t been in anything in ages and desperately needs a series to give him a new status quo now that Jon has usurped him). If Stewart wins then I’m voting for him in the final round, neither Constantine or SSD interest me that much. I really hope DC does something with all the pitches that made it to the Final Four at least.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Forgive me my fellow Stewart fans, but since it’s confirmed Stewart is getting another series I think I’m voting for Superboy (Conner hasn’t been in anything in ages and desperately needs a series to give him a new status quo now that Jon has usurped him). If Stewart wins then I’m voting for him in the final round, neither Constantine or SSD interest me that much. I really hope DC does something with all the pitches that made it to the Final Four at least.
    No need to ask for forgiveness lol. You're good It would be nice if DC did something with the final four pitches.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    It looks like the pitch for John's book, Green Lantern: The Light At The End Of Forever is officially in the next round!

I was a little worried that John was going to lose last round, since Ghost Tour From Hell had it beat from both DC Community and Twitter. It's interesting that John had a decent start in the rounds where he was winning both of those polls until Ghost Tour From Hell caught up at the last minute and beat it. Instagram must make a big difference. It makes me wonder that a lot of the people who votes on Instagram may be people of pop culture perhaps.
    It should be noted...

https://community.dcuniverseinfinite...un/3206596/317

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to jump into this thread and talk about something. You may have noticed a slight change in the outcome of the matchups in Round 2. This is because someone created several hundred accounts, and voted using the fake accounts. This user has been addressed, their accounts have been banned, and the corresponding votes (from the fake accounts) were pulled from the results. Steps have been taken to ensure that a repeat occurrence does not happen.

I’m incredibly disappointed that someone would take it upon themselves to manipulate Round Robin. This is a celebration of creativity, talent, and love for all things DC, and to see someone try to ruin it is pretty upsetting. Any similar action by other users will result in an account ban–please respect this process and the hard work each writer and artist pours into their craft.
    So are you gonna remove any other smurf account votes for any other book (I know forums like 4chan planned on doing this for Suicide Squad Dark), or is just for the one written by a black woman?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Thanks for this. I had no idea this happened. So it appears that John won the contest at DC Comics Infinite by a decent margin after visiting their site just now. I remembered when I checked on Sunday, I was wondering how Ghost Tour caught up so quickly on DC Infinite and Twitter when John's book had a decent margin!? I wonder whether this individual did the same nonsense over on Twitter? Because John was clearly winning there as well by a decent margin. I wouldn't be surprised if this cheater probably had an agenda against the character.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Really dug the conclusion to John's god-tier arc. This has something I'd been waiting for since GL Mosaic so I'm glad someone finally landed that dangling plotline in a way that respects John's character and used it as a way to move the GL franchise forward, by taking a few steps backwards and uncomplicating the various Lanterns and all the special rings and abilities that various GLs had gained over the years in efforts to distinguish them from the increasingly crowded roster of human ring-slingers.

BANNED

One thing I hope happens in the new series: John gets a LI.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Really dug the conclusion to John's god-tier arc. This has something I'd been waiting for since GL Mosaic so I'm glad someone finally landed that dangling plotline in a way that respects John's character and used it as a way to move the GL franchise forward, by taking a few steps backwards and uncomplicating the various Lanterns and all the special rings and abilities that various GLs had gained over the years in efforts to distinguish them from the increasingly crowded roster of human ring-slingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    One thing I hope happens in the new series: John gets a LI.
    Can’t agree more

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Yeah this was a good issue. I'm looking forward to the new status quo going forward.